BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Another game that is very winnable but well be held back by Mowbray rather than helped by him. Very much doubt we will see Rothwell or Holtby from the start. Wouldnt be surprised to see him bring Evans back in....most likely the same team that played forest. 

My team. 

Walton

Tosin Lenihan Williams

Nyambe            Travis                Cunningham

Holtby    Dack     Rothwell

Armstrong

Hoping for a return to winning ways before we have a week or so off.  Mojo will be much better around the camp if we can snag a cheeky away day victory here.  Our record against QPR is solid, but they have in free scoring form so far.  I expect some changes in the XI as this will be 3 games in 10 days.  Take a sloppy 0-1 away win to end the chunk with the BIG W!!!

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17945135.mowbray-provides-rovers-fitness-update-trio-miss-training/

Trio miss training: “Stewy“ Downing, “Fuck Off” Derrick and “someone else who I can’t remember”!

I don’t know what we are all worried about. Finger well and truly on the pulse!! ??‍♂️

Really need a victory in this match. I hope he starts Holtby as the sooner he's playing 90 the better. No good playing the way we do if we cannot consistently unlock defences. Dack can do it but we need more and strikers don't do this and need more creativity in the team.

Drop Gallagher start Graham, with Armstrong, Dack and Holtby supporting. Travis and Johnson in midfield and if Williams struggles, drop in Tosin and let's go get a victory. 

Edited by Dr X
  • Like 2

Downing injured may be a good thing. He has to give Holtby a start soon and against a QPR side we usually beat is as good as any. 

Dack, Holtby, Rothwell all to start with SG up front. Let’s go at them early. I wouldn’t even mind Armstrong starting up front but I think it’s imperative we get them 3 lads on the pitch together to see what they can do. 

43 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Downing injured may be a good thing. He has to give Holtby a start soon and against a QPR side we usually beat is as good as any. 

Dack, Holtby, Rothwell all to start with SG up front. Let’s go at them early. I wouldn’t even mind Armstrong starting up front but I think it’s imperative we get them 3 lads on the pitch together to see what they can do. 

Downing was our best player on Tuesday 

• Like 1

I would consider this team playing 4-1-4-1 

Walton 

Nyambe lenihan William's Cunningham 

Travis

Rothwell Holtby Dack Armstrong 

Samuel 

My rational..  Nymabe is a proper RB but we all know Bennett will start at RB.. Travis as holding CDM.. and then Holtby and Dack to a) pull strings and b)support whoever is up front.. Graham can come on for the last 30 mins.. and Gallagher is dog.. 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You had me until SG, by eck he’s shyte

Edited by Sparks Rover

On 02/10/2019 at 14:09, Amo said:

Walton

Nyambe - Lenihan - Williams - Cunningham 

Travis - Holtby

Rothwell - Dack - Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Tosin, Johnson, Chapman, Downing, Gallagher

I'll be more than happy if that's the lineup. It won't be of course.

I'd consider Downing in for Graham and Arma up top, depends on QPR really. Don't know how they defend or what their defensive strengths and weaknesses are. But either way that's basically the best side we can put out in our normal formation (contingent on how good Tosin is).

We probably won't see it all season.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Hasn't Downing been one of our best players? 

On 02/10/2019 at 15:31, philipl said:

QPR now on a terrible run.

We know Mowbray charity is coming to the rescue...

And what is it historically Rovers are good at, expect QPR's terrible run to end.  Do they have someone who hasn't scored in a coons age.so we can end his woes too.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You had me until SG, by eck he’s shyte

You call practically every player shite so that comments means feck all to me

6 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Hasn't Downing been one of our best players? 

Ah yeah I don’t doubt that. I meant more in terms of forcing mowbrays hand to play Holtby. 

• Like 1

I genuinely think that a starting 11 of..

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Cunningham

Rothwell Travis Holtby Downing

Dack Graham

Being given a run of games without the constant need of chopping and changing would end up being a decent side that could finish 10th and upwards.

• Like 4

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17945830.is-benefit--mowbray-schedules-ahead-qpr-trip/

Yet if it were the other way round and had we lost, you can guarantee he’d be saying: ‘they had an extra 24 hours on us. You’ve got lads like Stewy Downing who can’t play like they’re 25 anymore.’

Just re-read and he even cites Downing’s age as a reason as to why we don’t have an advantage! LOL.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17945830.is-benefit--mowbray-schedules-ahead-qpr-trip/

Yet if it were the other way round and had we lost, you can guarantee he’d be saying: ‘they had an extra 24 hours on us. You’ve got lads like Stewy Downing who can’t play like they’re 25 anymore.’

Just re-read and he even cites Downing’s age as a reason as to why we don’t have an advantage! LOL.

Depressing read. What must the players think ? I't's like when you meet an old friend in the street and they say " Are your Ok pal ?  You're looking a bit tired ". A minute ago you were feeling on top of the world, now you're not !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The away following is about average for this league....Luton had about 1,300 at Ewood last week.

Going for ANOTHER draw here.

Yeah i'd say so, although Luton haven't been to Ewood for years so I imagine a lot were "ticking off the ground".

If we play them for the next 5/6 years at this level I doubt they will bring half that.

Our away supports holds up pretty well for me.

Draw seems the favourite result here, would leave us with W4, L4, D3, Exactly where I thought we would be going into the October international break.

51 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Depressing read. What must the players think ? I't's like when you meet an old friend in the street and they say " Are your Ok pal ?  You're looking a bit tired ". A minute ago you were feeling on top of the world, now you're not !

Can only hope behind closed doors he's saying the opposite. He should be telling them how knackered THEY look, how they're on a losing streak, how we've had an extra 24 hours of them so come out of the traps firing etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can only hope behind closed doors he's saying the opposite. He should be telling them how knackered THEY look, how they're on a losing streak, how we've had an extra 24 hours of them so come out of the traps firing etc.

Ever since TM's been here he's irritated the hell out of me the way he talks up the opposition before every single game, that and a few other of his failings.

• Like 1