BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You commented though...?!

Benett Gallagher Del - All Shyte

We know, you keep repeating yourself. 
Can you stop please? We heard you the first time.

23 hours ago, benhben said:

Another game that is very winnable but well be held back by Mowbray rather than helped by him. Very much doubt we will see Rothwell or Holtby from the start. Wouldnt be surprised to see him bring Evans back in....most likely the same team that played forest. 

My team. 

Walton

Tosin Lenihan Williams

Nyambe            Travis                Cunningham

Holtby    Dack     Rothwell

Armstrong

I'm really confused why people keep on dropping Downing when he's our best player at the moment?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just over 900 sold for tomorrow so once again looking like 1000 or so at a London away game. Good effort.

Compare to what the London clubs bring to Ewood and we do get some excellent support in London and surrounding areas

I haven't got any stats but I would imagine that away followings in London are better than anywhere else for all clubs. Lots of exile fans living in London from all over the country, and easiest place to get to due to all roads (and rail) leading to London so to speak. 

Our London Branch luckily survived the cull of the official supporters clubs around the time of the millennium and is thriving. Regular gatherings, award nights etc.

Amazing that apart from the Disabled Supporters Association, it’s the only club affiliated one we have left in this country!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm really confused why people keep on dropping Downing when he's our best player at the moment?

It would be nice to bring the likes of Downing and Johnson on to control and see games out if it means the likes of Holtby and Rothwell getting game time early doors and doing what they're been doing for 10 minute cameos for longer spells.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just over 900 sold for tomorrow so once again looking like 1000 or so at a London away game. Good effort.

Compare to what the London clubs bring to Ewood and we do get some excellent support in London and surrounding areas

Great effort considering the price of ticket, travel time and cost(if you are Rovers away travel) food and drink cost

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Depressing read. What must the players think ? I't's like when you meet an old friend in the street and they say " Are your Ok pal ?  You're looking a bit tired ". A minute ago you were feeling on top of the world, now you're not !

It is.

A remark that stood out for me  "Mark has gone in there and given them an identity".

Well Mowbray's been here almost three years and I  haven't a clue what our identity is!!!

Think QPR are still a flaky, soft touch and with the players at our disposal, we should be going there and winning comfortably and I am very confident we will despite, IMO, our dinosaur of a manager.

At 11/5 for a Rovers' win, it's time to fill your boots.

Just now, Mercer said:

It is.

A remark that stood out for me  "Mark has gone in there and given them an identity".

Well Mowbray's been here almost three years and I  haven't a clue what our identity is!!!

Think QPR are still a flaky, soft touch and with the players at our disposal, we should be going there and winning comfortably and I am very confident we will despite, IMO, our dinosaur of a manager.

As a contrarian better who has made a nice bob or two betting against your predictions, thanks for the latest tip.

That's a 3-0 defeat then.

Money placed. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really? 

We are playing more of passing style as the stats recently has show with fewer long balls. We look better game on game. 

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well Warburton has change his formation from 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-2-1 then against Cardiff back to.4-2-3-1..

- - - - - - - - - - Walton - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - Tosin - Lenihan - Williams - - - - -

Bennett - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cunningham

- - - - Holtby - - Travis - - Downing - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - Dack - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - Graham - - - - - - - - - - -

Can’t see Armstrong getting dropped, but I’d go with above.

I think Holtby edges it over Rothwell and would like to see how he performs from the start. 

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? 

We are playing more of passing style as the stats recently has show with fewer long balls. We look better game on game. 

Well Warburton has change his formation from 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-2-1 then against Cardiff back to.4-2-3-1..

A club's identity extends beyond its playing style.  It's the heartbeat of a club.  It's how fans connect to a club.  What does it stand for, what is its purpose, what is its direction, what is its overarching football philosophy.  I doubt if anyone could answer those questions in relation to Rovers.

Formations are tactics.

Football identity is clear.  For example, is a team about pass and move, possession play, counter-press and counter attack, old-school long ball etc.  After almost three years of Mowbray, I don't know what our football philosophy is.  IMO, for three years it's mainly been old-school long ball.

Sadly, as a club, I think we are culturally bereft from top to bottom with no identity, playing or otherwise, and we are drifting along in the seas of mediocrity.  

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

A club's identity extends beyond its playing style.  It's the heartbeat of a club.  It's how fans connect to a club.  What does it stand for, what is its purpose, what is its direction, what is its overarching football philosophy.  I doubt if anyone could answer those questions in relation to Rovers.

Formations are tactics.

Football identity is clear.  For example, is a team about pass and move, possession play, counter-press and counter attack, old-school long ball etc.  After almost three years of Mowbray, I don't know what our football philosophy is.  IMO, for three years it's mainly been old-school long ball.

Sadly, as a club, I think we are culturally bereft from top to bottom with no identity, playing or otherwise, and we are drifting along in the seas of mediocrity.  

Oooh I like that.

QPR it is a very hard task for our Rovers and is a very important match cause we have the opportunity to still fighting for a top 10 place and  cause if we lose again then some teams that are close down to us can finish the weekend above us and let's face it to take them down could be complicated with the calendar that we have aprouchig (shity preston and Leed) in the other hand the teams that are close to us but on a higher position would start to have certain distance from us once again cause the next complicated fixtures....

That's why I see next match as a very important one we have to improve a lot on our offensive and i guess that Holtby has to start as Bradley Johnson, Travis is good very good lad and that's why wee need a young ,fresh and very good skill gifted player comming from bench if the match is to tight.

Sam Gallagher out now and streight to bench my patience with him is finally finished now...and i would play with Rothwell and Armstrong together since minute one...

I'm specting a drawn 2-2 but we can win the match if we can play 45 minutes like the last 20 min that we showed against forest.

Whoever if we looses wich is possible as well i know a lot of asshole will start to talk shit about our team but you now if we finish on top 10 would be great 

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

It is.

Ah yes, that £15 million strike force you are no doubt alluding to as you usually do. Keeps blowing teams out of the water doesn’t it, Merce.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Formations are tactics.

well you will find that the majority from what I seen at Ewood Park They are behind Mowbray(I don't know when the last time you attend a game) 

Formation and tactics are part of any club identity IMO. 

We don't play long ball football this season as the stats(I posted after game) will say. If you watched/attend the Notts Forest game you could see it for yourself. I've seen a change all season myself. 

On 02/10/2019 at 11:20, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know about anybody else but I'm losing the will to get excited about Rovers games these days. Maybe it's that time of year.

Or maybe it's your age? ?

On 03/10/2019 at 00:30, USABlue said:

Can we convert him to a centre forward?

Re Tosin; what a good idea!

Jim Mk2 says 3-0 defeat. I say only a 2-0 defeat. Jim and I know Rovers only too well.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

It is.

Kiss of death.