BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Whether he's past it or not, he is the only striker we have who has consistently scored goals in his career. 

Anyway how does someone go from being fine last season ie May. To broken and knackered in August? I can only surmise that Graham has some sort of wasting disease and perhaps he should be in hospital, given his rapid physical decline. 

Play him, he will score/shoot when the opportunity arises, not square the ball. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I fear it’s going to be one of those why the hell do we bother days. Early start, 8+ hours round trip, £100 train, £33 ticket plus the ever reasonably priced capital which means will come back from the day £200 lighter minimum.

Plus very much looking forward to the usual ludicrous dance with bouncers on every pub in that area. Can I see your ticket...what ticket...the match ticket...what match...are you not here for the football...no what football...ok lads come on in. Might even have to pretend to be antipodean so they think we’re “local”. 

I fully expect to leave the ground thinking what a bang average QPR team that was and then wonder how we didn’t lay a glove on them.

Still when all’s said and done better than being dragged round a garden centre or the like. 

G'day cobber.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I fear it’s going to be one of those why the hell do we bother days. Early start, 8+ hours round trip, £100 train, £33 ticket plus the ever reasonably priced capital which means will come back from the day £200 lighter minimum.

Plus very much looking forward to the usual ludicrous dance with bouncers on every pub in that area. Can I see your ticket...what ticket...the match ticket...what match...are you not here for the football...no what football...ok lads come on in. Might even have to pretend to be antipodean so they think we’re “local”. 

I fully expect to leave the ground thinking what a bang average QPR team that was and then wonder how we didn’t lay a glove on them.

Still when all’s said and done better than being dragged round a garden centre or the like. 

You're the people I'll be talking about later... "I just feel for those poor fuckers that spent 8 hours on a train and £200+ to watch that shit"

I think we will struggle today, QPR will have the lions share of possession and if we are to get something we will need to hit them on the break.

Walton

Tosin    Lenihan   Williams 

Bennett  Hotlby Travis Rothwell

Dack

Armstrong       Gallagher 

If we defend well I think maybe 1-1,

However I think we will go down with a whimper 2-0

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It makes me laugh the newly invented line that Graham is past it.

Mowbray has to play those he's spunked money on.

It really is as simple as that and DG is the fall guy.

Funny how Graham’s decrepit 34 year old body seems to stand up to the rigours of football better than Brereton 20 year old body.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Has Danny Graham never had an injury before? 

Brereton has been ‘not ready’ or injured for 90% of his time here. Graham has been, and remains consistently available. He’s chosen to play in the reserves recently, and generally being a model pro, not to mention our best player last year. But apparently he is suddenly past it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yonder12 said:

I think we will struggle today, QPR will have the lions share of possession and if we are to get something we will need to hit them on the break.

Walton

Tosin    Lenihan   Williams 

Bennett  Hotlby Travis Rothwell

Dack

Armstrong       Gallagher 

If we defend well I think maybe 1-1,

However I think we will go down with a whimper 2-0

Has three at the back ever worked for us?

Just now, Miller11 said:

Brereton has been ‘not ready’ or injured for 90% of his time here. Graham has been, and remains consistently available. He’s chosen to play in the reserves recently, and generally being a model pro, not to mention our best player last year. But apparently he is suddenly past it.

He also has 13 years on Brereton in the sport so is of course more ready. 

I can’t say I’ve read many, if any, posts on here saying DG is past it. That line has been typed more by the people trying to bash BB than those trying to defend him, weirdly.

Just now, Miller11 said:

Last season Chaddy claimed that Graham's legs had gone but then was proven wrong. This season a few more seem to be on that bandwagon. Meanwhile Danny is still our best and most proven goalscorer.

Only these youngsters getting the game time at present can change that, by doing what they are paid for, banging in goals.

So far nobody has claimed the right to take over from DG as the main striker.

In fact our shots on target ratio so far this season has been woeful.

As long as we need GOALS to win games to get points, DG has to play. 

Dack also seems to be much more involved when playing with DG.

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

He also has 13 years on Brereton in the sport so is of course more ready. 

I can’t say I’ve read many, if any, posts on here saying DG is past it. That line has been typed more by the people trying to bash BB than those trying to defend him, weirdly.

Really? I saw a lot before the season had even started. Twitter was full of it also.

Obviously Graham isn’t going to be around much longer, but we seem completely unable to replace him despite spending the best part of 13 million quid trying to. By and large we look a better side with him in the team.

Got a bad feeling like Luton with this one.

QPR from line of Eze, Hugill and Wells all have a bit about them different to each other and I’m not convinced our defence will pick up on that.

Would like to see the 5-3-2 deployed and Downing dropped for Holtby.

Walton

Lenihan Tosin Williams

Nyambe Cunningham

Travis Johnno Holtby

Dack

Gallagher

We all acknowledge that DG is getting older and needs to be replaced.

That is why we need to buy replacement strikers (we have).

Play the strikers as strikers (not wingers).

Those strikers need to be good enough and score goals.

I thought Arma played well against Forest and is better out wide. He has pace and not much else. Certainly isn't a centre forward.

Gallagher has been rubbish since he came, playing out wide. OK I will rephrase that to completely ineffectual.

BB was scoring goals in pre season.

Samuel has been scoring in the reserves. 

Mowbray has 2 things he has to find a way to achieve this season.

1. Get us into the top 6.

2. Find a replacement for DG / find an effective way to play and scores goals without him.