BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Three things to say

1) We missed Travis hugely. Evans couldn't cover the ground he does or be anywhere near as physical. As a result the whole formation didn't work. Very odd Johnson didn't play. 

2) defending back to last season's standards. QPR didnt really create too much but scored 4 goals which is mad. Defending was really really poor.

3) attacking wise by the end of the second half I think we ended up with the right combination of players, but we struggled to win the ball again due to Travis. When we did we looked dangerous.

• Like 1

We are looking down the league rather than up,we are failing miserably compared to some Clubs in this league with lesser resources.

If the tits in Pune will not sack him then at least let Tony Dinosaurus know he is on borrowed time....matters at present are simply not anywhere near good enough.The crowds are going to go through the floor this Winter at Ewood if it continues!!

:angry:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Three things to say

1) We missed Travis hugely. Evans couldn't cover the ground he does or be anywhere near as physical. As a result the whole formation didn't work. Very odd Johnson didn't play. 

2) defending back to last season's standards. QPR didnt really create too much but scored 4 goals which is mad. Defending was really really poor.

3) attacking wise by the end of the second half I think we ended up with the right combination of players, but we struggled to win the ball again due to Travis. When we did we looked dangerous.

Defending ? , I may get some grief for this and I wasn't there today..

I am waiting for Lenihan  , to convince me , that he has what it takes to be a centre half this level ..

Never seems to be in the right place at the right time , positional sense and footballing sense anticipation etc , just does not seem to be there ,,,

Williams , I suspect will get it with both barrels but in my opinion , he has improved and Lenihan is regressing ..

• Like 4

I haven't heard anyone ask Mowbray why he was unable to strengthen central defence after shipping so many goals last season. One inexperienced central defender (who has hardly played in central defence) in, and one experienced, aging, 12 goal a season, central defender out. 

We conceded 2 or 3 goals per game last season, and we will do the same this season.

If Lenihan & Williams were his 1st choice partnership, why didn't he play them last season?

I know a lot of the top six, play offs comments are ironic but quite a number on here, before the Luton game, were predicting we would continue an upward curve. What planet are you on? Were you absent last season? Were you unaware of the weakening of our defensive unit? 

Anyway, with a weaker defence, we will have a weaker, or at best similar, season. 

So sad. 

Edited by garnersfags

Nice bloke but it simply isn't going to happen, ever. We need someone with continental knowledge to take this club back to where it belongs. We have a good enough squad to be challenging the top 6 this season but are getting it wrong at home against poor opposition and struggling on the road. I think Preston will be the final straw. They will do us.

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Defending ? , I may get some grief for this and I wasn't there today..

I am waiting for Lenihan  , to convince me , that he has what it takes to be a centre half this level ..

Never seems to be in the right place at the right time , positional sense and footballing sense anticipation etc , just does not seem to be there ,,,

Williams , I suspect will get it with both barrels but in my opinion , he has improved and Lenihan is regressing ..

Add to that, terrible distribution.

• Like 1

It seems that we are going to see a mysterious illness/injury in midfield every match. The imbalance in the squad is now as bad as it ever was under Bowyer and we cannot put out a play-off standard first XI despite spending a fortune, compared to other non-parachute clubs.

Mowbray has fallen on his feet at Rovers: held harmless for relegation, promoted with a great team at a level meeting his abilities, and a bang average Championship record. But - exactly like Bowyer - the fear is that we would get worse and that somehow we owe Mowbray. Well, in my view he owes us. And he owes us better than we are seeing.

August was written off because of the opposition (on paper) - a free pass. The start of September he did reasonably ok but the last three have been really really poor. 1 point out of 9 against the teams we have faced is an awful return. We are now just as many points away from the play-offs as we are the relegation zone.

I wonder if there is any Plan B - whether from Mowbray (certainly no evident during games) - or from Venkys...?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I reckon 3 goals in 4 games does justify his place for now, yes.

I know he can be frustrating with his end product, but most of our players don't get to those sorts of positions to be squandering an end product in the first place. He's inconsistent but that pace is always a potential threat. And he's not lazy, sick of hearing that. Not a perfect player by any means, or our best, but I really don't see why he is getting so much flak. Especially during a goalscoring run.

There are so many more appropriate scapegoats who should be getting it in the neck instead.

Agree a Souness type would be good, not Souness himself though anymore.

Watch their first goal back and tell me he isn’t lazy. I’d have far less of an issue if he played up top, but I never want to see him play out wide again. 

poor performance. 

Some nice and tidy play at times until the final 3rd when it was very poor. When we cross the ball well we either score or created danger but far too late. 

Williams at fault 2 of the 4 goals. Should be doing better from Experience player. Bell poor at the back post for the 1st goal. Nothing Walton come do with any of the goals. 

Attacking wise, 1st half-nothing to report of note. 2nd half better when the game was over with. 

For me, We missed Travis badly. 

1 points from 3 games is simply not good enough. Expect at least 6 points if we want playoffs push. 

Final note, well played to any supporter who went today and they deserved alot better then they got. 

• Like 9

Very disappointed after today's result and with the view shared by many that Venkys will not sack TM until its too late, where do we go from here? He should have been sacked at the end of last season but the club structure is in his favour. No doubt Venkys will hear about this (another) defeat, but not this weekend. They simply don't care about the club and they need to go as well.     

• Like 4