BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They just have a capable and astute manager getting the very best from his squad.

I don't think there is any real expectancy there or pressure just all the club and manager pulling in the right direction with a remit of just do as well as we possibly can week in week out and don't worry about anything else.

Not the case here but it should be however it seems to be more about use as many players as ;possible, keep squad and manager happy, blood some youngster and get value in them and others, invest owners or whoevers spare change in players who might double in value in one good season etc and that's it.

Other than following that pattern i don't think there is any real collective desire to achieve anything other than a few better places than last season and it reflects in selections, tactics and players attitude/work rate.

Or of course Mowbray and his gang really aren't very good at what they are trying to do and the players are struggling with it because it doesn't suit them.  Having said all that i still think he'll steer us to 12th and next season will be more of the same.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

I don't think there is any real expectancy there or pressure just all the club and manager pulling in the right direction with a remit of just do as well as we possibly can week in week out and don't worry about anything else.

Not the case here but it should be however it seems to be more about use as many players as ;possible, keep squad and manager happy, blood some youngster and get value in them and others, invest owners or whoevers spare change in players who might double in value in one good season etc and that's it.

Other than following that pattern i don't think there is any real collective desire to achieve anything other than a few better places than last season and it reflects in selections, tactics and players attitude/work rate.

Or of course Mowbray and his gang really aren't very good at what they are trying to do and the players are struggling with it because it doesn't suit them.  Having said all that i still think he'll steer us to 12th and next season will be more of the same.

I've only seen the " highlights " but I got the feeling watching that and reading the comments of the people who actually saw all the game that he's lost the players.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've only seen the " highlights " but I got the feeling watching that and reading the comments of the people who actually saw all the game that he's lost the players.

I think they've lost themselves with the constant changing formation and being out of position.

Holtby out wide?? It's like Souness signing Tugay and sticking him on the wing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So at worst relegation and at best another wasted season and more debt.

I want to say that we have a decent squad but in reality we need two solid centre backs, a right back, permanent replacements for left back and goalkeeper and a goal scorer (possibly two). Pretty damning really. However, I still believe that with the tools we have this season, with the right manager, we could and should be challenging for that 6th spot.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

We were shit. Having beer. But I'll tell you all how unbelievably shit we actually were later. We were really shit.

Tony has lost it. Hashtag

I've just spent 10 minutes watching the goals over and over again.. The lack of commitment on show is obvious. It was like watching a charity game. Strikers just running through centre halves. Armstrong just jogging after the full back for the cross on the first one. God knows who was playing right back, he must have a cloak of invisibility. Bell doing his best not to get involved after his cock up for the first goal etc etc. Really, really bad stuff. 

I remember the dingles getting battered at home by somebody like Gillingham by about 6-0. Stan Ternent came on Radio Lancs after the game and said  " Some of those players will never play for this club again as long as I am the Manager ". And some didn't !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've just spent 10 minutes watching the goals over and over again.. The lack of commitment on show is obvious. It was like watching a charity game. Strikers just running through centre halves. Armstrong just jogging after the full back for the cross on first one. God knows who was playing right back, he must have a cloak of invisibility. Bell doing his best not to get involved after his cock up for the first goal etc etc. Really, really bad stuff. 

I remember the dingles getting battered at home by somebody like Gillingham by about 6-0. Stan Ternent came on Radio Lancs after the game and said  " Some of those players will never play for this club again as long as I am the Manager ". And some didn't !

Some of our players will start the next game. From those highlights alone, Bennett and Williams certainly shouldn’t.

No doubt Rothwell will be made a scapegoat by the man who at 1-0 down took off our only striker.

Just now, rhodie said:

Having watched the highlights, seems like Williams was the weak link in three of the goals.

Never going to make it as anything more than a squad player in this league. Never a first ‘11’ man for a team aspiring for promotion. Not big enough, not strong enough and not quick enough. End of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds very flat and almost like he knows his time is up. 

Never heard him so downbeat and almost pi$$ off. 

The owners will be putting pressure on him. Put Waggott should be aswell as CEO of Blackburn Rovers

I think its a little naive to suggest that last paragraph. He wont be going anywhere. And Waggott knew him prior to joining so he certainly wont be pushing for his departure.

Just now, Miller11 said:

Here’s a team talk for any opposition manager playing against us:

Get at the fullbacks. Overload them because they will be isolated.

Throw crosses high into the box at every opportunity. You can bully the centre halves with very little effort.

Get an early goal and we’ve won the game. They will go hiding.

Get in their faces, there isn’t a spine between the lot of them.

I don't even think you need to go into that much detail. "Put pressure on them and they'll bottle it' would do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Plenty of positives to be fair. Arma scores, we didn’t let in 5, Tosin finished without problems, Young Rothwell got through 90, Holtby’s getting more game time, so too Amari and Corry. Oh, and what a penalty from Dacky

Sarcastic post?  Today was a travesty.  A lack of effort is always un acceptable.  Players looked like they did n5it even ever want the ball, hiding even.  We looked like we did not have a.clue what to do.  No one looked like they knew what their jobs were today.  Last 3.results are a.real cause fir concern.  I don't see any improvememt coming given our lathergic after international break performances.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

Tell you what. First time in years I’ve seen us all agree in one thread without bickering. Shame it had to be as negative to agree. ?

Few people pretty much summarising my own thoughts I posted in the character thread especially when it comes to player mentality 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Worst performance of the season ...looks like some of the players are not happy either Dack was certainly not happy after the game ended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CD_93 said:

So they're off for a week's rest after that performance. 

Should be in tomorrow nice and early.

Totally agree. No wonder they don’t battle on the pitch and pass off the easy street vibe. That is exactly what it is! Bowyers holiday camp is back mark 2!

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/october/williams-called-up-by-ireland/

Looks like we might be about to find out just how much depth we had in defence. Williams and Bennett both had shockers today but it looks like Bell - Williams - Adarabioyo - Bennett will become our back line by default.

Let’s hope those scans are both clear!

Time to move on Tony.

His recruitment has been awful (far too many in midfield)when everyone certainly on this board and even the Ewood cat who keeps the rat population down on the riverside was calling for defensive players

His set up is abysmal.  Players out of position, no natural wide men and not playing wingbacks who are capable of playing wide. Result is that we are so narrow it makes it really easy to defend against.  I know our strikers are getting stick for lack of goals but I do have a deal of sympathy because there is simply no space for them.  They are also being played out of position much of the time.

The tragedy is that I think we have some very talented players but the team is so unbalanced that it is making life very difficult.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Worst performance of the season ...looks like some of the players are not happy either Dack was certainly not happy after the game ended.

Lucky you if you think that was the worst performance of the season, weve been pathetic in most games this season, luton was woeful, WBA was bad, charlton was inept. Today was similar to all them mentioned and all the other woeful games, but it seemed worse as the opposition took more advantage, this would happen every week if the opposition played with more aggresion.

Edited by AAK

That was terrible folks... Not looked that clueless in a long time.  QPR ripped us apart and they are not that good.  Why are we afraid to have a go?  Have a crack fellas...! I for one and glad for the break, regroup, refocus and try and bounce back against Huddersfield. This could be a long couple of weeks.  

• Like 2

The relentless March down the road to nowhere under Mowbray's confused and insipid leadership gathers pace. I've missed several games in the early part of the season for one reason or another and I haven't really been that bothered. There doesn't really seem to be much point going  when we've zero prospect of challenging for promotion either automatically or via the play offs  under this manager and next to no chance of improving whilst he's in charge. I reckon that if you were abducted by aliens tomorrow and returned to the same spot then years hence you'd find that nothing whatsoever had changed at Ewood Park were Mowbray still to be in charge. We'd have been lower mid table at the very best with the only variable being a relegation and promotion or two if the owners had been prepared to supply a budget which eclipsed the rest of League 1 like they did last time.

It seemed obvious to me around February last season Mowbray needed to be replaced.  As he wasn't, more money was squandered in summer and at best this will be another wasted season and at worst a relegation scrap in the latter stages of the campaign. If things get considerably worse  it will be interesting to see if Waggott has the balls to sack the man who put him forward for his own position. Although if it was down to me I wouldn't leave that decision to him he'd be landing in a heap next to Mowbray were the manager to get the boot at any point.

• Like 4