BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, CD_93 said:

If we did go to a back three I would like to see Holtby, Travis and Johnson running the midfield. Tosin and Nyambe at least have some pace about them to get back on side - albeit can't see Williams being dropped. Not least without Cunningham being on the pitch anyway.

oxHvOSk.png

Echoing AAK below, I don't think we have the backbone for it, though.

I was dreaming of Armstrong / Dack / Rothwell / Holtby on the pitch together making things happen. Got a whole half of it yesterday. We were utter shit. We don't have an identity. Our players have no ideas what they're doing one week to the next. The manager says he doesn't care about formations and systems yet goes on about lining up differently depending on the opposition week in week out.

It's all just a depressing confusing mess. But we're supposed to believe the team turn up beleving they can win every game? Give over.

I honestly don't think neither the management team nor the players in our squad are good enough to pull off a formation/system like that.

We'd need some serious possession stats throughout the game. The back 3 and midfield 3 would all need to be really good with the ball, with all of those centre backs being comfortable bring the ball forward out from the back.

Not to mention we would need high fitness levels to make it a success.

I'm not saying the formation isn't good, I'm saying Rovers aren't.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
On 06/10/2019 at 10:35, JHRover said:

Having no money but a plan and people who know what they are doing is better than having money but being run by people who haven't got a clue.

This is exactly right.

We can debate all day long about the manger, the players he picks and the formation. It's all irrelevant when looking at the big picture.

I am really worried about the club's future. The longer the Vs are here, the bigger the debt, the worse our prospects, the less chance of turning things around.

No point splashing money on players with possible resale value when the foundations of the club are nothing but sand. 

What happens when they decide to call it a day? Does anyone think they will have any interest in what happens to the club after that ?

Bad result and performance at QPR but and it upsets us all but there are far more important things to worry about I'm afraid.

• Like 4