BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Sitting there watching us 4-1 down was as depressing a feeling as I’ve had in 55 years watching Rovers. Older fans haven’t many years left and it’s clear many of us will never see us back in the top flight where we belong 

very sad to read that Jim. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes indeed, the useless sods they appoint get the flack but the real problem is in Pune.

That's the root and branch of it all as usual but in this case he's had better backing than most under their tenure and he'd done ok to be fair but when you begin to wing it or you really aren't actually what you've been cracked up to be football finds you out, i think we are at that point.

If Bowyer had been given 12 million to spend over a couple of summers or Lambert had got the Rhodes money he was promised instead of just the wages, strangely about the same amount would either have spent it better ?    I 100% think so.

But back to the Venky angle would they have been allowed to or would they have been prompted to push it in certain directions on certain players ?  I still find it hard to believe Mowbray after what he said at the end of last season would turn a blind eye on investing in defence and blow it all on another wide striker....

• Like 5

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Sitting there watching us 4-1 down was as depressing a feeling as I’ve had in 55 years watching Rovers. Older fans haven’t many years left and it’s clear many of us will never see us back in the top flight where we belong 

56 years since my first visit to Ewood, I'm one of those methinks

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, if the club had anything about them they'd compensate the lads who went down there.

Manager and players should. 

after listening to Mowbray's BBC Radio Lancs interview sounds very downbeat and maybe time is up. Depends what the owners and Waggott are telling him. Cant see the owners being happy with 14th place after their spending over 15 mins in fees for players and much money in wages. You at least expect some return from it. 

Il be honest and unpopular but you can’t blame the owners this year. They’ve backed him with top 10 wages and 15 million for AA, B2 (B Squared), Gally without having to sell Dack.

Weve probably a high spend in the league because of our business since being promoted. 

• Like 7

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Manager and players should. 

after listening to Mowbray's BBC Radio Lancs interview sounds very downbeat and maybe time is up. Depends what the owners and Waggott are telling him. Cant see the owners being happy with 14th place after their spending over 15 mins in fees for players and much money in wages. You at least expect some return from it. 

He's got a few games to turn it around. But you know the situation has changed when the chadster is questioning.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Il be honest and unpopular but you can’t blame the owners this year. They’ve backed him with top 10 wages and 15 million for AA, B2 (B Squared), Gally without having to sell Dack.

Weve probably a high spend in the league because of our business since being promoted. 

Bollocks, everything lies at the Loon doors. no idea what they have bought, the history, the town, the people. I blame no one but them.

• Like 5

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The good squad theory falls down as we are bereft of proper CBs, wide players as in wingers, creative players and goalscorers.

We have a squad of midfielders most of whom are bang average or less.

Yes, we do have some decent individual players but not many but not a good squad.

I agree though that Mowbray is getting nowhere near enough out of what he has.

Fair enough but he's been allowed to spend £12m on two defunct strikers so the money has been there. It's not been spent correctly on the problem positions you outline. Fault for that lies with the manager.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Bollocks, everything lies at the Loon doors. no idea what they have bought, the history, the town, the people. I blame no one but them.

Well they truly fucked us up, but they are now the only thing keeping us afloat and they broadly stay out of football affairs.

Awful performance! I'm veey sad and worried pals because of a lot of reasons.
First I have to say Tony I trust the boss and know he's more than good enough he had show that buuut...
I think almoust all of us we are agree about Rovers should have a clear 11 but for some reason  Tony still improvising and do it changes...
Things are pretty clear to me Johnson Dack AN D Holtby has to be midfield  since first minute...

Second place...the defense so irregular and capable to show very poor level and horrible devolpment quite often...bell was the worst today and Williams has just a bad night a very bad one.

Third place we are about to face very hard matches ibthink that the next "easy" that to should we say doable would be Barnsley in about a month before that only hard tasks...specially against Leeds and Preston shity tossers so we can be on the low part not at te relegation positions either but I'm a very bad one by the end of November...

That was a very important match now the only option it is to face next matches with all what we have .

#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#TheMexicanRover

• Like 5

At the start of the summer, Mowbray was as critical as anyone about the lack of ability of our defenders. I can’t believe anyone aside from a few glass is overflowing types on twitter, who only chirped up after the event, genuinely believed Williams - a player who’d been playing under Mowbray for 2 and a half years, was suddenly the answer. The Tosin signing became a saga, Mulgrew started as Captain before being unceremoniously bombed out... there is definitely more to our frankly bizarre transfer business than meets the eye. 

• Like 3

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Me too but they're backing the manager more than I would have done after last  season. I was less than impressed in the way we got promoted. We never seemed to have more than a decent 30 or 40 minutes in the tank no matter who we played. It was never going to be good enough at this level.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

I haven’t read any reaction and for full disclosure, we’d left the stadium by the time Armstrong scored.

Put simply, that was unacceptable. Pitiful. 

We created nothing and our defence was appalling. Naively, I thought capitulations against bang average teams were a thing of the past.

I compare that display with the game at Fulham. We lost that day but gave it a good go and looked a threat. Miles ahead of today.

Why is Johnson not involved?

Graham was abysmal and shockingly, Rothwell is not the second coming. Bennett and Evans were invisible. Bell is league 1. 

Who is to blame? Everyone involved.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too but they're backing the manager more than I would have done after last  season. I was less than impressed in the way we got promoted. We never seemed to have more than a decent 30 or 40 minutes in the tank no matter who we played. Twas never going to be good enough at this level.

They seem to be in some strange Doctor Who time continuum, completely failing at every given opportunity. As I've said time after time, what is still in it for them?  I don't buy the pride thing. Are we a right off? Just an aside to their multi-millions, something they toy with, and fund because they don't have a fucking clue what to do otherwise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rossyrover said:

Cannot blame Mulgrew now neither Lenihan and Williams are central defenders should have signed a tall combative central defender in the summer transfer window why did Mowbray allow Preston to sign the German player before Rovers after chasing him for all the previous season. Mowbrays ideas and style of slow build up football seem to belong to the past as football tactics have moved on.

Williams and Lenihan are both in their best positions. If they are good enough there is an entirely different question. I’d rather see Williams at centre back than at left back and I’d much rather see Lenihan at centre back than centre mid. 

I’d also rather see Tosin given a chance because these two weren’t good enough today simple as.

• Like 1

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Have Preston spent close to £12m on players?? Absolutely maddening.

The money spent of Brereton was a constant source of amusement to my Preston acquaintances but now he's all but disappeared and there's another 5 mill been spent up front yet they nicked our no 1 defence target they are over the moon in orbit !!!

Too a man they all say that kind of money on their squad would see them top 6.

At the same time they are envious at the captures of Johnson and Hotlby and bitter at the wages we seem able to pay.

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

At the same time they are envious at the captures of Johnson and Hotlby and bitter at the wages we seem able to pay.

All it's doing is increasing our debt whilst said players are rendered ineffective by a manager who has no idea how to use them. So, they shouldn't be too envious. 

• Like 4