BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

As a Rovers supporter I guess I am used to the periodic bad performance like Charlton or Luton at home.

But far less frequently a game comes along so stratospherically bad that it literally leaves me numb.

Yesterday was one of those once in five years or so events.

The opposition so ordinary yet we got a thrashing with our two consolation goals the barest of fig leaves. In fact they almost mock us as the scoreline easily could, indeed should, have been 5-0 to QPR or perhaps more.

The limitations of our defenders horribly exposed.

Graham sadly past it.

Midfield players we had high hopes of paper tigers.

Mowbray powers of organisation and motivation as evident as a ... Sorry no metaphor possible- on yesterday's evidence they don't exist and his ability to react to things going wrong mid match is non-existent also.

All fondly cherished hopes and beliefs get crushed by a performance that bad. As Warren Lucy said no player emerged with any pride.

You look for redeeming features or hope for the future from that game and see none. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Venkys have given the green light to over £15 million worth of transfers this season. The fault lies at Mowbrays door. Don't be fooled

That’s like me allowing my Grandson into the tigers cage as a birthday treat, to tickle its belly. The intentions were right, but extremely dangerous 

That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen. The effort wasn't there. But the thing that was most wrong was the philosophy. We played it side to side, going nowhere with the ball until we lost it and then we were horribly exposed. The team quite clearly had no idea what they were trying to do. Corry Evan's and Downing in the middle didn't play a forward pass all game.

We were so bad!! Mowbray has to go. It was that bad. QPR weren't good. I'm seething. It was a joke. I am not just saying this but that was a performance so, so bad that you rarely see them. Thanks Mr Mowbray but your dinosaur tactics are going to see us winless between now and Christmas at which point you'll be after a job again. Because you don't know what you are doing.

• Like 2

I have just seen the goals in SSN and they frankly are all embarrassingly poor, much worse than I saw live at the ground. There wasn't one player to come out yesterday with any credit. I noticed yesterday that Mowbray adopted his all too familiar head in hands pose several times as he became frustrated by elementary errors. In the second half he sat down for long periods and Venus seemed to take over the head coach duties. 

Dreadful performance yesterday from everyone - players and manager.  The passing style simply doesn't work when you have players who struggle to pass with any degree of accuracy going forward.  Passing backwards and sideways we're fine but going forward we look hopeless.  Defence looked as weak as water, the midfield lacked any spark of creativity and the attack was toothless.  Rothwell and Armstrong continue to come inside were there is no room instead of going down the wings and getting behind the defence.  Dack drops further and further back because he's frustrated with not getting the ball and then tries to do too much when he finally gets on the ball.

Personally, this is where I thought we would be with the players we have - a midtable side.  We'll win games but not enough to challenge for the top six but enough to keep us away from the relegation zone.  I think Preston away is looking like a key game.

• Like 1

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Dreadful performance yesterday from everyone - players and manager.  The passing style simply doesn't work when you have players who struggle to pass with any degree of accuracy going forward.  Passing backwards and sideways we're fine but going forward we look hopeless.  Defence looked as weak as water, the midfield lacked any spark of creativity and the attack was toothless.  Rothwell and Armstrong continue to come inside were there is no room instead of going down the wings and getting behind the defence.  Dack drops further and further back because he's frustrated with not getting the ball and then tries to do too much when he finally gets on the ball.

Personally, this is where I thought we would be with the players we have - a midtable side.  We'll win games but not enough to challenge for the top six but enough to keep us away from the relegation zone.  I think Preston away is looking like a key game.

14th is not mid-table though.

Bottom half is more accurate? Most expected we would at least progress.

Absolutely shambolic, worst we have played under Mowbray. 

We are going to get torn apart at Preston theres no doubt about it whatsoever. 

If Cunningham is out for any period of time we really do need to start thinking about how we will stay up, Bell is THAT shite.

• Backroom
Just now, 1864roverite said:

All 4 goals were conceded by school playground defending they were awful goals to concede. On a side note someone called it in here about losing 2 or more of the back 4 well it has now happened!

Most of us with any foresight spoke about that being a problem. Our backline is held together by duct tape. 

Just now, DE. said:

Most of us with any foresight spoke about that being a problem. Our backline is held together by duct tape. 

Nah, I had a car once that was held together with duct tape its quite strong :) more that paper style parcel tape that starts dissolving when it gets wet, I would say

• Like 5

9 hours ago, AAK said:

Lucky you if you think that was the worst performance of the season, weve been pathetic in most games this season, luton was woeful, WBA was bad, charlton was inept. Today was similar to all them mentioned and all the other woeful games, but it seemed worse as the opposition took more advantage, this would happen every week if the opposition played with more aggresion.

Been to every game both home and away and that game yesterday was the first time i came away without a posotive thought..

Not much point in reiterating just how terrible Rovers are. But one random thing I would question from yesterday not about the game per se is the warm up. How many times are blackburn pretty average in the first half?! Other teams certainly seem to have more vigorous warm ups. Seems quite short and lethargic. Just an observation.

• Like 1

The truly sad thing is I don’t think may people who went expected much else. I said along with everybody else Mowbray and this season lives and dies with the defence. So as you look at that defence there’s just a resigned shake of the head of bloody knew it. 

Tony has made a rod for his own back with play off talk. He cannot live up to his own ambitions so whether we pull the plug now or at the end of the season it’ll happen.

Its no defence of the shambles but I think QPR are decent. I don’t think any other team in the championship has two goal scoring strikers, certainly to the extent of wells and Hugill. That Eze was excellent. Warburton has put together a very decent side there very quickly. 

Just now, matt83 said:

The truly sad thing is I don’t think may people who went expected much else. I said along with everybody else Mowbray and this season lives and dies with the defence. So as you look at that defence there’s just a resigned shake of the head of bloody knew it. 

Tony has made a rod for his own back with play off talk. He cannot live up to his own ambitions so whether we pull the plug now or at the end of the season it’ll happen.

Its no defence of the shambles but I think QPR are decent. I don’t think any other team in the championship has two goal scoring strikers, certainly to the extent of wells and Hugill. That Eze was excellent. Warburton has put together a very decent side there very quickly. 

Last season QPR were a poor side who generally played it long. Warburton has pretty changed their style of play with essentially the same players. There's another Championship manager who promised to do this but his name escapes me......................

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have just seen the goals in SSN and they frankly are all embarrassingly poor, much worse than I saw live at the ground. There wasn't one player to come out yesterday with any credit. I noticed yesterday that Mowbray adopted his all too familiar head in hands pose several times as he became frustrated by elementary errors. In the second half he sat down for long periods and Venus seemed to take over the head coach duties. 

Youre wrong about no player coming out with any credit. By not playing yesterday Lewis Travis showed why he is essential to the team!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

To pass forward we need the forward players to move but too many players are too static. To have a successful passing game the players have to pass and move not pass and stand still. No one wants a return pass. No forward makes a forward run because when they do they never get the ball in front of them.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

To pass forward we need the forward players to move but too many players are too static. To have a successful passing game the players have to pass and move not pass and stand still. No one wants a return pass. No forward makes a forward run because when they do they never get the ball in front of them.

You also need good footballers comfortable on the ball , not going to happen ...

The football world is going Pep mad , he can sign the players who can play that game , we can't..