BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Character (or lack of)

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Another stat to add to the opening post is this...

We haven't come from behind to win an away game at this level since October 2014 ?

Bloody hell. That must be some kind of record?

Just now, DE. said:

Bloody hell. That must be some kind of record?

Nearly 5 years to the day. October 25th 2014 away at Nottingham Forest, 1-0 down at half time ended up in a 3-1 win.

We managed to do it once in league one, away at Peterborough in December 2017, 1-0 down at half time to end up winning 3-2.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Nearly 5 years to the day. October 25th 2014 away at Nottingham Forest, 1-0 down at half time ended up in a 3-1 win.

We managed to do it once in league one, away at Peterborough in December 2017, 1-0 down at half time to end up winning 3-2.

1-0 down at half time, how many times have we seen that scoreline ?

On 05/10/2019 at 18:40, Scotland1 said:

Said it earlier in the match thread before HT. These players are gutless, not once this season has looked like they’re busting a gut for us the fans, the club, or for there wages. Some have some real quality and are playing with in themselves or just not for the club/manager. They’re certainly not upholding any attitude to win or an attitude to improve as footballers because to us the fans we can see the attitude isn’t there from some, they don’t give a rats. Bar Dack TM has not improved one player and that rams home my second point.

Too many of this team are coasting through games hoping a Dack bit of magic pulls them through, well it won’t every week and Luton, Charlton and today epitomise the points I’m making here. Too many on easy street not willing to put the yards in and more interested in being everybody’s mate and to be fucking honest it’s unforgivable not just at a football club where it’s a basic thing (graft) to do without getting applauded but in any job in the country! This spineless bunch of wallopers owe the fans. 

There hasn’t been a game this year they’ve looked competent or convincing they’re stealing a living at the moment and quite frankly I hope the bus breaks down at a service station so they can see the shit we have to put up with watching them presently because it’s bloody painful.

Too many I suspect will be planning there beers and pandering to the social media faithful of fans they have. Though some of these want booing before the bloody game when they walk out next at Ewood.

Tossers

Posted this six seven games ago and still to this day I’m still as annoyed with us. I didn’t even calm down after the posting I am that sick of us at the minute.

que the fucking sound bites we will hear from Williams and co about putting it right this weeek.

One of the main reasons we keep folding is the spine of the team is non existent and after several years here this manager has never created one. Constant swapping on changing already weak defence and centre mid berths mean there is absolutely no platform for the rest of the team who might be actually doing their jobs.

Loaned in keeper straight off the books of a friendly agent who looks like Steele mk2,  loaned in kid in centre of defence alongside recently converted manager fav and in the middle perm any 2 from 6 on a match by match basis.

Yes we've injuries but it wouldn't make much difference Lenihen is no great shakes lets be honest i doubt he'd have made much difference today.

This manager is thick as pigswill.

• Like 6

On 23/10/2019 at 10:53, MarkBRFC said:

Another stat to add to the opening post is this...

We haven't come from behind to win an away game at this level since October 2014 ?

Out of curiosity also, does anyone know how many times we have let a 2 goal advantage slip?

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

One of the main reasons we keep folding is the spine of the team is non existent and after several years here this manager has never created one. Constant swapping on changing already weak defence and centre mid berths mean there is absolutely no platform for the rest of the team who might be actually doing their jobs.

Loaned in keeper straight off the books of a friendly agent who looks like Steele mk2,  loaned in kid in centre of defence alongside recently converted manager fav and in the middle perm any 2 from 6 on a match by match basis.

Yes we've injuries but it wouldn't make much difference Lenihen is no great shakes lets be honest i doubt he'd have made much difference today.

This manager is thick as pigswill.

It all went wrong January 19 , we had a chance to build from a position of reasonable strength !!!

We did nothing , Summer the same , like you say , friendly agent Steele clone...

Walton is at least 4th choice at Brighton , come on he ain't going to be any good is he ???

City lad not what , we required ...2 bloody rough centre backs who can defend ....

• Like 1

I was gutted leaving Deepdale on Saturday but, as I only go to 1 or 2 away games a season, at least I don't have to put up with that kind of spineless stuff on a more regular basis.

However I feel sorry for those that do. Since we returned to the Championship we have:-

Led at Ipswich on the opening day only to concede in the last minute.

Led at Bristol City only to put in a second half no-show and lose 4-1

Been 3-0 up at Stoke and tried to throw that away.

1-0 up at Swansea and put in a second half no-show to lose 3-1

A shocker at Preston away last year.

A further shocker at Wigan 4 days later.

Been 1-0 up against Middlesboro who had 10 men and still didn't win.

The farce at Leeds where we took the lead in injury time only to lose 3-2

2-0 up at Brentford only to lose 5-2

Dominate the game at Reading. Manage to get an equaliser with 8 minutes left and then conceded immediately.

Get our noses in front at St Andrews with 7 minutes left and then concede immediately.

1-0 up in the first minute at West Brom only to be 3-1 down before half time.

2-0 up at Preston only for a second half no-show and to lose 3-2.

Sorry but it's not normal for a football club for that to all happen in away games in less than 15 months. I've not mentioned the Borunemeouth away game in the league cup or the Birmingham home game which saw similar outcomes. Spineless.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6