BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Walton stats

Walton was way down the list, brought in after he missed out on a few and he’s after a keeper in January. 

Perhaps you line up a replacement before you flog your number 1, to avoid such pitfalls, no?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18061508.mowbray-explains-rovers-keeper-search-raya-exit/

• Like 5

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Walton was way down the list, brought in after he missed out on a few and he’s after a keeper in January. 

Perhaps you line up a replacement before you flog your number 1, to avoid such pitfalls, no?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18061508.mowbray-explains-rovers-keeper-search-raya-exit/

He haf line up 2 overseas targets and talks were ongoing and well advance but choose to go home to.their current of birth

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No fan of Walton but this interview throws him under the bus too. Good habit of TMs. Also makes him appear incompetent for not getting a keeper sorted. I do tend to find TMs PR efforts have the opposite effect. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

No fan of Walton but this interview throws him under the bus too. Good habit of TMs. Also makes him appear incompetent for not getting a keeper sorted. I do tend to find TMs PR efforts have the opposite effect. 

Exactly my thoughts. I know keepers are the key topic right now with Raya coming to town but he is essentially saying what many of us have, that Walton has not been up to it thus far. A downgrade, a keeper he had little choice to take as others didnt go through.Even Wigan didn't want him back and they were one of the few worse than us last season.

Thing is, Walton will hardly be hit with a confidence boost after reading that and the very fact that we even contemplated letting Raya going without lining up somebody better is schoolboy stuff at best. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Mowbray seems to say that because the keeper deals fell through it meant we couldn’t spend money on another position.

I thought he previously said we used the Raya money on Gallagher?

• Like 1

And it's obvious Raya wanted to go when he was scapegoated and dropped for the reserve keeper. With treatment like that no wonder he went. 

Again this sounds like another "don't blame me for the situation" article from TM in the Pune Telegraph. 

Man of integrity - as if! 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Mowbray hasn't spoken sense in months tbf, not since the end of last season when he admitted our defence was poor and we needed better. Ever since he failed to deliver on that promise his words have become more desperate and ridiculous. Admittedly that wouldn't bother me if we were doing well on the pitch, but it's just extra insult to injury when looking at where we are right now. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 08:34, JoeH said:

Honest take from this is Walton is going back to Brighton in January, based off the last few comments, and a new keeper from Europe will come in.

Reading between the lines from this interview and Raya's, I suspect the reason Raya wanted out was that we had Ben Benson coaching him, and the Spanish goalie coach Brentford have was one he thought could develop him as a player.

34 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Reading between the lines from this interview and Raya's, I suspect the reason Raya wanted out was that we had Ben Benson coaching him, and the Spanish goalie coach Brentford have was one he thought could develop him as a player.

Potentially, they had a rather long embrace and chat after the game though, if there was an issue it definitely wasn't personal distaste between the two of them. 

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Potentially, they had a rather long embrace and chat after the game though, if there was an issue it definitely wasn't personal distaste between the two of them. 

Him and Benson? Interesting, but yeh I'm not suggesting he disliked him personally or even thought he was shit. Just seems likely to me that he thought the other coach could take him further. They might be really good friends on a personal level. You know when someone isn't taking you forward anymore though *cough*mowbray*cough*

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interesting fact, Walton is a bad goalkeeper 

Raya still performing very well for the Bees - if they keep up their recent form (bar their last match) he could well be in the prem next season. Walton technically will be too, but there’s about as much chance of me being in the sticks at that level than Brighton trusting that clown.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Raya still performing very well for the Bees - if they keep up their recent form (bar their last match) he could well be in the prem next season. Walton technically will be too, but there’s about as much chance of me being in the sticks at that level than Brighton trusting that clown.

Raya has dropped clangers their last 2 games costing them goals! Still let's just ignore those facts.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Remember that useless Spanish keeper we used to have?

Well Brentford are now on their own with least goals conceded- just 20.

Brentford spent just shy of 9M on Pontus Jansson and Pinnock on top of the 3M on Raya.

Spot the difference. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pedro said:

I don't blame him for the first. Dogshit defending from the useless Bell allowed their player to put a perfect and unchallenged ball into the box. Very Pedersen-esque.

I agree with that. You see goals like their first one every week. Everybody misses the ball and it ends up in the back of the net. Pedersen v The Red Rats. Bell was a spectator instead of busting a gut to get nearer to his opponent.The penalty was poor decision making. In the old days the goalkeeper got the benefit of the doubt in those instances, not any more. You go to ground anywhere near an opponent in the penalty area and you're asking for big trouble. The third  goal, he was caught in " no mans land ".

• Like 1