BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Walton stats

Christian Walton, Darren Randolph, Kiko Casilla, Freddie Woodman and David Raya's 2019/20 stats compared and ranked. Goalkeeping is a very subjective position so take from it what you will. Great for Blackburn fans to compare Raya and Walton! https://t.co/RY0Sq49RFB

Screenshot_20190930-181031_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers
Adding content
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Christian Walton, Darren Randolph, Kiko Casilla, Freddie Woodman and David Raya's 2019/20 stats compared and ranked. Goalkeeping is a very subjective position so take from it what you will. Great for Blackburn fans to compare Raya and Walton! https://t.co/RY0Sq49RFB

Screenshot_20190930-181031_Samsung Internet.jpg

Genuine question.

how do you save point seven of a shot.

im sure people appreciate this kind of stuff but I can’t take any stat , other than the score and what my eyes tell me, seriously.

not a dig at you I just genuinely don’t understand that one

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Genuine question.

how do you save point seven of a shot.

im sure people appreciate this kind of stuff but I can’t take ay stat other than the score and whatmy eyes tell me seriously.

not a dig at you I just genuinely don’t understand that one

I think it's the total amounts of saves / matches

For example, if he made 16 saves in 5 matches it would equal 3.2 saves per match

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just like top flight football i think we'll have to wait a long long time before we see a good regular keeper at Ewood again.  Something that as long as iv'e known has been a staple at Rovers until, well you know who rocked up.

This regime from the top downwards just isn't capable of delivering either. You want quality and consistency you have to pay for it.

• Like 5

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

What we need is a quality goalkeeping coach. Now I'm not saying that will make Walton into Ederson but it will help. 

Hopefully our next manager will bring in his own team of coaches.

It certainly can't hurt although it feels too little too late. A decent keeper coach with Raya and we might be in a better situation. 

Tbh whilst that can only help (can he get worse) my preference is for a better keeper that we actually own! I feel even with a better coach Walton won't get better in time for it to matter - and is starting from further back than Raya imo- so let's get a decent experienced keeper in whilst we can. 

All the time Rovers downgrade and it's killing the club. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

It certainly can't hurt although it feels too little too late. A decent keeper coach with Raya and we might be in a better situation. 

Tbh whilst that can only help (can he get worse) my preference is for a better keeper that we actually own! I feel even with a better coach Walton won't get better in time for it to matter - and is starting from further back than Raya imo- so let's get a decent experienced keeper in whilst we can. 

All the time Rovers downgrade and it's killing the club. 

I agree. A keeper, a left back and a centre back are the 3 key players we need to splash out on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are wrong there. A goalkeeper can still play well in a team conceding goals. Pickford moved to Everton for 30 million after being relegated with Sunderland. 

That quote was from ages ago and whilst of course goalkeepers can play well in struggling teams, Walton isnt playing well. Theres not a 100% correlation between goals conceded and goalkeeper performance but there is a strong one. Hes made major errors leading to 4 goals in 6 games lately. He has not filled me with confidence all season, bar the penalty save I dont recall many really good saves that hes made, his kicking tends to stay in the pitch but it has really poor accuracy, hes made judgement errors notably at Preston coming to catch, hes just not very good and is a downgrade on the unreliable Raya.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That quote was from ages ago and whilst of course goalkeepers can play well in struggling teams, Walton isnt playing well. Theres not a 100% correlation between goals conceded and goalkeeper performance but there is a strong one. Hes made major errors leading to 4 goals in 6 games lately. He has not filled me with confidence all season, bar the penalty save I dont recall many really good saves that hes made, his kicking tends to stay in the pitch but it has really poor accuracy, hes made judgement errors notably at Preston coming to catch, hes just not very good and is a downgrade on the unreliable Raya.

Whether it was ages ago or not, the point stands. No, he isn't playing amazingly, but there is an over reaction around how badly he is playing. I suppose with keepers any mistake really stands out. He has made some good saves too. 

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whether it was ages ago or not, the point stands. No, he isn't playing amazingly, but there is an over reaction around how badly he is playing. I suppose with keepers any mistake really stands out. He has made some good saves too. 

Early seasonhe wasnt as bad as was being made out. All keepers make.misrakes but its becoming almost a goal-costing mistake in each game now which is worrying. Huddersfield, Preston, Sheff Wed and Barnsley to be precise. 

He comes across as a good lad in interviewd and on the pitch. He just doesnt look a championship number 1 since he has been here.

• Backroom

The problem for me is that he's no better than Raya - in fact I think he's worse. We moved Raya out for a relative pittance and loaned in a keeper who is at best no better and at worst a downgrade. It's bad recruitment either way.

• Like 1

Mowbray has made a mess of defensive recruitment time and time again. It's just another example. If Mowbray is still around I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with another loan.

Liverpool are letting Caoimhín Kelleher leave on loan. Hes only a young lad, but very highly rated. They were saying on the radio last night he is going to Preston. 

I hope we sign a keeper in January.