BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

Seriously Matty, what size bracket would you put your club into these days? 

The way I see it is you have the giants like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc, and then you have the big clubs like Birmingham City, West Brom, Southampton, Sunderland etc. Then you have medium clubs like Burnley, Ipswich, Hull etc. Then you have small clubs like blackburn, Wigan, Barnsley etc. Small than that you're into the 'minnows' like Rochdale, Accrington, Blackpool etc. 

I love how it says Premier League under your username on the left of your posts. Thats the nearest that knobend or any of its fans will ever get to it. 

Sorry, I meant real fans and not the plastic ones that come out of the woodwork when you are playing the likes of City in the cup. Mind you for the rest of the year they are all proud Liverpool or United fans, now bore off. 

• Like 2

‘Big club’ Southampton! :D

’Medium’ club, err... Hull

Good one.

Every year we have to suffer the increasingly crap trolling of this eejit. Do the honours mods, for all our sakes, there’s weeks to go.

Edited by Mattyblue

9 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

The way I see it is you have the giants like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc, and then you have the big clubs like Birmingham City, West Brom, Southampton, Sunderland etc. Then you have medium clubs like Burnley, Ipswich, Hull etc. Then you have small clubs like blackburn, Wigan, Barnsley etc. Small than that you're into the 'minnows' like Rochdale, Accrington, Blackpool etc. 

Ah I’ve missed this.

”Giant, big, medium, small, minnows” ?

Bit surprised you consider Nob end as a small club and Burnley as a medium one. Very honest but a surprise nonetheless. Also funny that you see Blackpool as a minnow when the have been in the PL - unlike you lot!

I can only assume you are talking about money rather than status/history. Birmingham are not a big club, they are a small club in a big city.

• Like 1

I think this could be the cliff edge for Mowbray with a lot of fans. Preston have a good home record, score goals, will be well up for this one. 

Another inept, clueless, half arsed muddled effort from Mowbray and his boys will likely see another thrashing like last season. With a large away following there I can see the fans turning.

• Like 1

They are obsessed with size of club that lot it's like an illness but i suppose when you've a giant blue and white chip on your shoulder it weighs heavy after 100 odd years.

Facts are facts and we all have our ups and downs and attendances/followings that ebb and flow with that so over that 100 odd years they are, always have been and always will be a bit smaller than us.....that is what bothers them because they know it.   Dialogue with PNE fans on these subjects is like watching a Mowbray team it tries being dressed up different but it's the same thing over and over again.

Let it go lads even Burnley have realised there is an upper limit to their small support these days now they are up in the gods after all their wind and piss of the 90's about 30k crowds if they were in Rovers position.

In the grand scheme of things Preston are bigger than Wigan, marginally bigger than Blackpool and a bit smaller than Rovers and Bolton who are very very similar.  

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

Rovers were averaging circa 23 - 24k in the last season in the Prem. Fans would return if we get back up.

That's not a small club. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think this could be the cliff edge for Mowbray with a lot of fans. Preston have a good home record, score goals, will be well up for this one. 

Another inept, clueless, half arsed muddled effort from Mowbray and his boys will likely see another thrashing like last season. With a large away following there I can see the fans turning.

We got tonked there 4-1 last season and it did nothing. Didn’t we follow it up with that Wigan embarrassment too?

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We got tonked there 4-1 last season and it did nothing. Didn’t we follow it up with that Wigan embarrassment too?

At that point he was protected by a good start to the season and promotion the season before. This time around he won't. I sense people are starting to realise that his talk is just that and are getting disillusioned with his management.

Just now, JHRover said:

At that point he was protected by a good start to the season and promotion the season before. This time around he won't. I sense people are starting to realise that his talk is just that and are getting disillusioned with his management.

I always think " What would Jack have done " ?  Jack would have fired him immediately after yesterday's game.

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I always think " What would Jack have done " ?  Jack would have fired him immediately after yesterday's game.

He wouldn’t have survived the 11 game run last season.

Think big!

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Doubt Jack Walker would have left Mowbray to set his own target of 'aiming for a play off push'

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Good point re credit in the bank. I’ve no doubt they’ll put at least a couple past us. Difficult to see where the next win is coming from. A resurgent Hudds at home then Brum and PNE away. Can see 1 point out of that lot. I would hope the fan base would get restless at that point but I won’t hold my breath.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

5 at the back at PNE for me. Hope Greg Cunningham is back fit as on his return he should play well. 5-2-3, Travis and Johnson have to play to try and match Pearson's aggressive midfield play. Danny Graham up top for me here too. Could be a spanking and I think we should be aiming to play on the counter here.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

5 at the back at PNE for me. Hope Greg Cunningham is back fit as on his return he should play well. 5-2-3, Travis and Johnson have to play to try and match Pearson's aggressive midfield play. Danny Graham up top for me here too. Could be a spanking and I think we should be aiming to play on the counter here.

Play on the break with DG up top isn’t going to work

• Like 1

On 06/10/2019 at 10:37, Doogs said:

I wont be going. 5 0 to Preston. TM will tell us the defenders need to to better, as he has told us for the past 18 months.. Why the hell he didnt bring in two Centre halfs i will never know...

I can hear their chorus now " You're fcking shit"...And, painfully, I know it to be so true.

Sick of it.

• Like 3

If we get Travis back we've got a good chance in this one. Without him I would fear for us. Also really need Cunningham.

Id say go for a hardworking team that can hit them on the break. We need to win the midfield battle.

-------------------------Walton

Bennett----Lenihan----Williams---Cunningham

-----------------Travis--------Johnson

----Rothwell--------Dack-------Downing

-----------------------Armstrong

Struggling where to put Holtby - could start him ahead of Rothwell or Dack.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Play on the break with DG up top isn’t going to work

You know this how? For me playing on the break leaving Graham up top to actually keep hold of possession, whilst other players get ahead of him is better than having Gallagher stood there winning nothing all game.

Fuck it I say, time to try something new, because what we've been doing isn't working and I'd say Rankin-Costello has more than earned his chance just like Buckley.

Walton
JRC Tosin Lenihan Williams Cunningham
Travis Johnson
Armstrong Graham Downing

Dack, Gallagher, Bennett, Buckley, Rothwell, Nyambe, Leut.