Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Next 5 games:

• Hudders - home
  • Brum - away
  • PNE - away (3rd fixture in a week)
  • Owls - home
  • Leeds - away

I would take 5 points from those games which speaks volumes as to how far expectation levels have fallen.

PNE is a funny one.  Presently, you would say it's an absolute home banker, a licence to print money.  But football is a funny old game, you just never know. 

Anything less than 5 points from those games then I think Mowbray is gone.

Told last night that if Mowbray goes in next few weeks then lump on Dave Artell to takeover.  Interesting.  Must add, not my suggestion, just what I was told.

To prepare for life in L1 and L2 or as a CB - makes a lot of sense in Rovers world :wacko:, it would not surprise me though.

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, there were some surprisingly reasonable comments on there this time. 

Usually it’s full of some confused folk calling us plastics, despite their town being absolutely full of United and Liverpool fans. 
An odd bunch. (My own family members aside).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, there were some surprisingly reasonable comments on there this time. 

Usually it’s full of some confused folk calling us plastics, despite their town being absolutely full of United and Liverpool fans. 
An odd bunch. (My own family members aside).

Nah,read the full thread..nothing's changed.Now I know why Blackpool fans take the piss out of them.Highest they have been for decades and they all have Nose bleeds...

A lot of Preston fans are gobshytes and always have been.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

It’s the utter delusion of many of their fans that winds me up; they truly see themselves as having some right to be a premier League team. None of them seem to accept that Jack W breaking every spending record in British football for 5 years and basically proving that you can buy the league is the only reason they spent some time in the “sunshine”... they class themselves as a “big club” and it really pisses me off!!
Burnley, Bleakpoo accept what and where they are in the scheme of things!

A quarter of a century since they bought the premier League and they can’t seem to accept its now part of history..

Some Preston fan wrote that. His more ignorant comments aside, it goes to show that most people outside of Rovers fanbase (and a lot within it I'd say) don't quite understand it's not that we see it "as a right" it's more that we need to get promoted to wipe out the shit-ton of debt that Kean and co left us in, or one day we could be truly f*cked.

Preston have a chip on their should because they're used to looking up at every other local team in bitter envy, but other clubs fans look at them in indifference.

Must be crap that this is their brightest ever spell in their existence.

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nah,read the full thread..nothing's changed.Now I know why Blackpool fans take the piss out of them.Highest they have been for decades and they all have Nose bleeds...

A lot of Preston fans are gobshytes and always have been.

Oh aye, I don't doubt that, but I did see some reason from some of them, which shocked me!

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don’t know who told you that because it’s not true. Definitely not true

As many would have reacted prior to Coyle's appointment!

Just passing on what someone told me and source does have some credibility.

Certainly wouldn't be my choice!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

As many would have reacted prior to Coyle's appointment!

Just passing on what someone told me and source does have some credibility.

Certainly wouldn't be my choice!

I’ve known David for years and it’s the first he’s heard......I think he’d take it though 

• Like 1

Rovers win the Premier League and we’ve bought it. Man City, Chelsea, United etc win the PL and they’ve won it. They’ve never spent money on a new player. Never. Ever.

I worked in both Preston and Chorley pre the Walker years and always came across Rovers fans that lived over that way. I used to drive in to Preston via Walton-Le-Dale and remember kids going into a school there wearing Rovers scarves. It just happens. Conversely, there are more Burnley fans in areas like Ossy, Rishton and Clayton-Le-Moors than there should be given those towns’ proximity to Blackburn. It just happens. There’s no particular reason for it. Preston fans just can’t get over it. 

Preston’s last home game versus Barnsley, their highest league position for years and years and they can barely pull in 12k. Their fans need to get real, get down to Dumpdale, make their way to the club’s trophy cabinet and have a sken at their four (yes four) major trophies.

Big. City. Club.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I’ve known David for years and it’s the first he’s heard......I think he’d take it though 

Even if it is correct,  you wouldn't expect Artell to know anything about it at this stage.

At any one time, there must be at least a dozen or so clubs unhappy with their progress and considering their managerial options.  You are not telling me that they don't do any 'homework' as to potential replacements (formulating a list of potential replacements that would include managers both in and out of work) should they decide to pull the trigger on their existing manager.

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Even if it is correct,  you wouldn't expect Artell to know anything about it at this stage.

At any one time, there must be at least a dozen or so clubs unhappy with their progress and considering their managerial options.  You are not telling me that they don't do any 'homework' as to potential replacements (formulating a list of potential replacements that would include managers both in and out of work) should they decide to pull the trigger on their existing manager.

I’d say you are clutching at straws now mercer. Unless you reveal your source it holds no weight at all. I’ve revealed my source who says it’s categorically not true

• Like 1