SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Walton

Nyambe      Tosin             Williams      Downing

Travis            Rothwell

Holtby                      Dack                   Chapman

Graham

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I was told last night pushing 4000 and then later 4500 but was surprised at that.

My father in law was told that they expect around 4200 maybe more if there is a bit of a surge day or 2 before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Walton

Nyambe      Tosin             Williams      Downing

Travis            Rothwell

Holtby                      Dack                   Chapman

Graham

Need a proper defensive midfielder in there......

17 hours ago, north_ender said:

Has Walton been poor? We were after a keeper in the summer and failed to get one, and there were strong rumours that after missing out on Muric to Forest, Neil wanted Walton on loan, prior to him joining Blackburn. I thought he looked decent at Wigan.

The problem is we sold a keeper who was popular but error prone, and have replaced him with a loanee who simply doesn't look any better and isn't actually ours

When we sold Raya, we had lots of names being banded around who most people thought were an upgrade. We ended up blowing the money on a non-scoring striker who we play half of the time on the wing.

We had Jason Steele for a couple of seasons, and Walton is definitely steadier than him. But the club talk about kicking on to the next level, and then end up making a major change and being no better off.

A few Wigan fans I know had the opinion when he left them to go back to Brighton of  "Decent, but there must be better out there not getting a game."

We went there last season in half decent form, think we'd only lost 1 in 6 so were fairly optimistic, and still got pasted.

Christ this season I can barely remember being THIS pessimistic about a game.

I've been offered a ticket off literally 4 different people now because people can't be bothered. I've already got one so turned them down but I bet they'll struggle to find any takers!

Long day ahead.....

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Bell

Rankin Costello Evans Travis(C) Downing

Dack Graham

That team is shocking but im not sure theres many alternatives. Preston will batter that defence.

Suprised by your exlusion of Bennett?

Rothwell has to be given a start, as obviously does Holtby if fit.

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Downing

Travis Evans

Holtby Dack Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Bell, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Johnson, Armstrong, Butterworth

Chapman to start if Holtby doesnt make it.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That team is shocking but im not sure theres many alternatives. Preston will batter that defence.

Suprised by your exlusion of Bennett?

Rothwell has to be given a start, as obviously does Holtby if fit.

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Downing

Travis Evans

Holtby Dack Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Bell, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Johnson, Armstrong, Butterworth

Chapman to start if Holtby doesnt make it.

Rothwell hasnt impress at all. 

Back to basics for me. 2 natural wide players for this game. Solid team. 

Rankin Costello under 23's performances has been impressive this season so deserve his chance. 

Walton

Nyambe   Tosin     Williams      Bell

Rothwell.    Travis.   Evans.    Downing

Dack

Graham

Id rather not have Bell in but as I'm a firm believer of round pegs in round holes I would start him.

Rothwell could be swapped for Chapman or Rankin Costello but it needs a creative option in there.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell hasnt impress at all. 

Back to basics for me. 2 natural wide players for this game. Solid team. 

Rankin Costello under 23's performances has been impressive this season so deserve his chance. 

You keep saying that but hes started 2 games all season I think.

He has gone from being superb in the last dozen games of last season STARTING games and now having to make do with dribs and drabs, little cameos when it is very difficult to do anything. 

Your team looks very slow.

Pretty depressing how limited we are. Walton is a joke in net but he keeps his place due to lack of alternatives. Even worse than Raya. Names like Evans and Bell coming back in is enough to fill me with dread.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You keep saying that but hes started 2 games all season I think.

He has gone from being superb in the last dozen games of last season STARTING games and now having to make do with dribs and drabs, little cameos when it is very difficult to do anything. 

Your team looks very slow.

Pretty depressing how limited we are. Walton is a joke in net but he keeps his place due to lack of alternatives. Even worse than Raya. Names like Evans and Bell coming back in is enough to fill me with dread.

He has to perform whenever he on the pitch. He hasnt. I dont want excuses Roversfan99 but performances. Make it happen.

Yes I was expecting alot better from him but he hasnt been no where near good enough. 

Thats why Costello is in. Evans is playing defensive midfield role to allow Travis to get forward and be box to box. 

For Me, Walton isnt the problem or a joke. I think he has been positive so far. Yes we all wanted an experience keeper but we didnt get who we wanted.