BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The vast majority of Rovers fans expect a defeat whilst the Nobbers I know are predicting a comfortable win. I'm with the majority and expect a dithering Mowbray to make changes to personnel and tactics for the starting eleven and with every substitution.

If what I believe will happen does then it needs every Rovers fan to let Mowbray, his staff, Waggott and the players to know in no uncertain terms that what they are giving us is completely unacceptable.

The time has come for the aforementioned to accept their responsibilities and earn their huge wages.

• Like 6

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Churchillian...

“I’m sure on Saturday, we might get beat and they might be better than us, but we’ll be there competing.”

If that’s a direct quote and we go and lose he needs relieving of his duties, what kind of message does this send?

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Just from that quote he needs to go. Why would any manager say that??

Fucking joke!!!

I won't be there but please can any of those who are attending make sure he knows that we want him gone straight from kick off.

Our decline is gathering pace so quickly it's scary.

• Like 1

I like to think of myself as quite a patient person but I'm looking now at the November international break as decision point. We've 3 tough games before then. I want a minimum of 4 points from those games. If we don't get those and don't win any of them then it will be 8 without a win which is unacceptable and time for change. If we get the 1 or 2 points I expect is the best case scenario then we're going to be in the mire and need a fresh approach to avoid a season long relegation battle.

I'm easy to please. A clean sheet would do for me tomorrow. No fancy passing around, no clever formations, systems or subs. Just the basics. Sadly I don't think we are capable unless we get lucky and Preston fire blanks all day.

Never been so apprehensive about a local derby.

The quote he's come out with well iv'e been thinking that all week but if i was manager it is not something i'd have come out with, not in those terms anyway.

"Whatever happens on Saturday we'll go down fighting"  type stuff needed really.   With Mowbray it is always him 'asking' his team not telling them in no uncertain terms and i think that is the problem  How about get out there and put a performance in for 95 mins the lot of you, you owe me and you owe the fans. Anything less and no f####g days off next week !!

This fella so far this season has created problems for himself and the team yet constantly totally absolved himself of the blame. The more he changes things the more excuses he creates at the same time.

I don't care what anyone says he really isn't as daft as he sounds he's a lot craftier than people chose to believe.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Hope someone manages to take a Mowbray out banner which gets picked up on the cameras. His quotes are becoming Keane esque. 

Cant see us getting much. Preston are a decent team that has cost far less than ours. Their striker Barkhausen was signed from my local side Morecambe for hardly anything. Hes scored more this year than Brereton and Gallagher combined have managed across two seasons. Chances of Bauer scoring from a corner whilst keeping a clean sheet?

Edited by benhben

Preston are a decent Championship team having a decent start but that's it, they are beatable and they have off days like anyone else.  Mowbray is like a man approaching an alter with his head bowed and a lamb in his arms he's becoming the gift that keeps on giving.

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is off the planet insensitive and stupid.

It is a local derby FFS.

And if PNE are stronger than us, there is only one person who has achieved that given the resources at his disposal- a certain Mr Tony Mowbray.

I would take our squad over PNE's on balance but their manager over our's.

• Like 1

I expect a back to basics approach from Mowbray with Evans as the lynchpin in 0-0 chaser from the 1st minute. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Smallwood back on the bench to help shore things up.

Our outlet being the long diagonal ball from Downing to Gallagher (our into touch for an opposition throw).

3E595948-8A3B-4FEC-833A-AF1EA7810D36.thumb.jpeg.c440a466ce25444bc634fa54bb909cb2.jpeg

Let’s hope he proves us all wrong and Rothwell, Dack and a late fitness test pass for Holtby spearheads an all out attack and a 3-0 win!

My prediction is: a game where they camp out on the edge of our box for 75 accumulated minutes, we might break maybe two or three time, it'll finish 2-0 maybe. We'll be much more defensive than last year, so I don't imagine 4/5-0 - but only because we won't open up at all. 

50 minutes ago, philipl said:

This is off the planet insensitive and stupid.

It is a local derby FFS.

And if PNE are stronger than us, there is only one person who has achieved that given the resources at his disposal- a certain Mr Tony Mowbray.

I would take our squad over PNE's on balance but their manager over our's.

and they include a centre back we tracked for over a year and could have had...............................................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brigger68 said:

I went to the Preston v Leeds game on Tuesday. Decent advert tbf. Leeds by far the better team and should of been 2 or 3 up by half time. 

Preston are a decent outfit and work hard. They seemed to play Nugent up top on his own which didn't work. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Rovers went there and got 3 points.

It would astound me.