BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t see any difference this season than last,we are far to easy to play against,negative in our approach and to soft mentally,as a squad we ar`nt fit enough either,after an hour last week the whole squad dropped a level and were blowing like steam trains

Simon Garner Is God. Amen.

• Like 2

Waggot is squeezing every penny out of the support he can do, but has suddenly decided to give away free tickets which Roves will ultimately have to pay for in Blackburn town centre. :lol::lol:

Edited by Hasta

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Churchillian...

“I’m sure on Saturday, we might get beat and they might be better than us, but we’ll be there competing.”

Unbelievable. Few lads a work we’re telling me this. (Weren’t even Preston fans). When he gets sacked there is at least a job in theatre playing Henry V before agincourt. We might get beat, they might be better, but we’ll turn up.

We are at Preston not Barcelona ffs. Every time see an interview with him now I think of that green mile scene. Dead man walking. Dead man walking. We’ve got a dead man. Dead man coming through.

Just seen the pictures of the last training session. 

Noticed that they’ve put pictures of Bererton, Davenport and Chapman along with Graham. 

Maybe Tony’s freshening things up?

Would prefer Davenport and Chapman to replace Johnson and Downing in the first 11

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Appalling interview from Mowbray. If you didn't know better you'd think he was deliberately angling for a pay off there.

Surely a perceived 'nice', 'loyal' man of great 'integrity' would walk away !?!?

I've said it before, I've never bought the public persona.  IMO, the way he's hung our young players out to dry at times and some of his public utterances tell a different story. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CraigF said:

Just seen the pictures of the last training session. 

Noticed that they’ve put pictures of Bererton, Davenport and Chapman along with Graham. 

Maybe Tony’s freshening things up?

Would prefer Davenport and Chapman to replace Johnson and Downing in the first 11

Chapman must have really pissed on Mowbray's chips to never even make the subs bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Unbelievable. Few lads a work we’re telling me this. (Weren’t even Preston fans). When he gets sacked there is at least a job in theatre playing Henry V before agincourt. We might get beat, they might be better, but we’ll turn up.

We are at Preston not Barcelona ffs. Every time see an interview with him now I think of that green mile scene. Dead man walking. Dead man walking. We’ve got a dead man. Dead man coming through.

Tony Mowbray do a dance...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Yet we spent £1m on a novice from City who isn’t even our player 

The money on him and Downings contract would have covered signing Bauer on a free and been a good investment.

Also fits in with building a team from the back and giving us strength where we really needed it. Another major cluckup that one. The Rovers way is get your mates in and deal with your matey agents.

Then we wonder why they can't put an actual balanced team together !

We spent ONE season in league 1 yes that's right ONE.  Largely thanks to him we did but he was also captaining the already sinking ship that went down.

Sick of hearing that nonsense now and if he wants to apply that logic then why aren't we now as good as Preston were last season ?

• Like 4

Just now, tomphil said:

Since when is a club going to hand out free tickets for an away game they'll have to pay for never mind what the local police would think about it ?

Whoppers ?

Free tickets?!?! Ha. Waggott wouldn’t give the fans the steam from his piss let alone free tickets.

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray: "We are only out of L1 2 years ago"

Shut up moron

Just shows how desperate he is, when he's reaching to those depths to try and defend the shit he's serving up. We should NEVER have been in League 1 in the first place. The only reason we ended up there was because of the horrific decision to appoint Owen Coyle. Mowbray proved when he came in that we had enough to survive, and in almost any other season 51 points would have seen us stay up comfortably. We romped out of League 1 without even playing well because our players were far too good for that division and didn't even need to be anywhere near their best to win most matches. We literally sold nobody from a team that got 51 points the previous season in the Championship, bought the best player in League 1 and then a bunch of other players who were pretty much all playing at Championship level before they came here. Downing the only major exception I can think of off the top of my head. 

Even with all of those advantages, and I believe the highest wage bill in the division by some disance, we still had to settle with finishing second. 

Grateful to get out of League 1 at the first attempt, but we had a lot going for us and were far too good for that division. It would have been an epic and unforgiveable failure if we hadn't gotten promoted. I think Mowbray pretty much said that himself at the time, so to now bring it up as if we're a newly promoted lower league team getting to grips with the fearsome Championship is nonsense. Stop coming up with ridiculous excuses and just admit this is not good enough!

• Like 2

Probably straying off topic here but I keep seeing people on twitter and Facebook telling moaning fans to 'get real' and face reality that we're a small town club in the Championship and that the Championship is littered with bigger clubs who we are destined to struggle against.

Then I look through the list of 23 other clubs and ask myself which of those I would consider to have a sizeable advantage over us in terms of stature/size:

Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Forest, perhaps West Brom.

The other 18 clubs are either smaller or similar to Rovers in stature and standing. Its only our ongoing self destruction and lack of proactiveness that is now seeing these clubs catch us up and overtake us whilst we tread water with a diminishing fanbase. PNE, Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull, Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Birmingham, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City, Reading, Luton, Charlton, Millwall, Brentford, QPR and Fulham are not bigger or better clubs than us. Mowbray and Waggott will try their best to convince people otherwise with little comparisons in the paper and sly descriptions of 'huge' and 'rich' clubs but they're trying to revise history and reality to suit themselves. Nobody has a devine right. I accept the first 4-5 clubs and those with parachute cash have an advantage of sorts but please don't make out like we are plucky little minnows struggling in a league full of big boys. It simply isn't true. 

• Like 5