BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, toogs said:

A manager with no plan B. 

Decent first half but did nothing to address the obvious problems 2nd. 

it was all so predictable. 

He needs potting asap

Totally agree, hardly got off his backside all second half and did nothing when it was clear the flow of the game was turning against us. Just not managing, disgraceful comments in the LT yesterday, no acknowledgement of the magnificent support, his time is up.

Seems to me he has to go!

2-0 up was a serious false dawn again.

This team just cannot defend, the keeper makes a basic error and the team caves in.

Bennett needs a short dose of a kicking up the backside, The team needs a serious head wobbling and something has to give.

Given the amount of money at our disposal (whatever else nonsense we all know the Venky’s have done in their tenure) in comparison with other teams we have been serial underachievers.

It’s just all so tragic and we all know it and can see it. Decent forward thinking manager, decent background staff and managerial set up and a sense of grown up professionalism and we could easily be challenging.

With this amount of funding we could quite easily be a well-run club. Er, a bit like Preston. Or like Burnley.

One can only assume that the Venky’s are incompetent or don’t care or disinterested or unaware. And that it is in the interests of many within the club to keep it that way.

I will grudgingly give Neil praise today for his extremely brave move after about twenty minutes by taking off his playmaker and bringing on an extra forward who was instrumental in Nobbers winning the game.

First half it was like we had signed a few new players as we started on the front foot and deservedly took a two goal lead but the talk at half time was how important the next goal would be. Step forward Wally Walton who gifted them a goal. The writing was on the wall from then I'm afraid. Yes we should have had a penalty, yes we were naive but football is about results and they aren't good enough and that is Mowbrays responsibility. 

Mowbray was really subdued today and it was around 43 minutes when he first stood up and then it was to berate the fourth official. Similarly in the second half he was rarely on his feet. There was something really odd about that. With two tough games coming up he was like a man walking the Green Mile.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Mowbray was really subdued today and it was around 43 minutes when he first stood up and then it was to berate the fourth official. Similarly in the second half he was rarely on his feet. There was something really odd about that. With two tough games coming up he was like a man walking the Green Mile.

The wheels are coming off. As it wasn’t just him sat on his arse.

He chose to make no subs until the last few minutes, ok that’s a manager’s prerogative in a tight game, but our subs weren’t even warming up throughout the second half, something I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed before. 

Watched the rugby then went out this afternoon to avoid the football, expecting a powder puff performance and it sounds like the boys delivered again.

Glanced at my phone 15 minutes in but still had no faith in us even getting a point out of the game because our manager doesn't have an ounce of tactical nous left (if he ever had any) in his noggin.

Time's up Tony, for the love of god please step aside and let someone else have a go, they can hardly be any worse at this point.

Just now, arbitro said:

I will grudgingly give Neil praise today for his extremely brave move after about twenty minutes by taking off his playmaker and bringing on an extra forward who was instrumental in Nobbers winning the game.

First half it was like we had signed a few new players as we started on the front foot and deservedly took a two goal lead but the talk at half time was how important the next goal would be. Step forward Wally Walton who gifted them a goal. The writing was on the wall from then I'm afraid. Yes we should have had a penalty, yes we were naive but football is about results and they aren't good enough and that is Mowbrays responsibility. 

Second Stephen King reference in a couple of days.

I’ll add my own (from Dreamcatcher): “SSDD”.

He must feel that he will come under scrutiny during the current run. Could be 2 points out of 24 going in to the Barnsley six-pointer.

Just now, arbitro said:

Compare that to the Cowley brothers of Huddersfield who were bouncing around and up and down shouting encouragement the whole game.  Chalk and cheese.

• Like 2