BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
Just now, perthblue02 said:

“Wherever they are in the league, and wherever we are, it just shows that on the day anyone can beat anyone.”

How the fuck does this comment even make sense when the team in a higher position beat the team in a lower position? What planet is he on?

His comments are just fantasy-land stuff. He sounds delusional but there's certainly no sense of him walking any time soon.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

How the fuck does this comment even make sense when the team in a higher position beat the team in a lower position? What planet is he on?

His comments are just fantasy-land stuff. He sounds delusional but there's certainly no sense of him walking any time soon.

He’s talking about the half time result, er, or something...

Credit to Neil for making the change when he did.  First half I thought we fully deserved the lead and could easily have stretched it to three with a bit more luck.  However, second half Preston went more direct and Stockley completely dominated our centre-backs.  However, even then I thought we were comfortable until Walton made his usually inept attempt at doing the basics in goal - I swear this lad makes John Barton look almost international class by comparison!

Once Walton had handed the momentum to North End the confidence just drained away.

Agree with arbitro with regard to Mowbray.  He sat down and hardly moved during the whole game and let Venus do the coaching.  Whatever the pros and cons with regard to the manager one or two players need to start looking at themselves when things start going against us.  

Three huge games before the next international break to sort it out.

Edited by Parsonblue
  • Like 2

My 19 year was on his way down to Cornwall for a holiday. He got very excited at 2-0. I kept telling him there was a long way to go (in the match, and to his destination). I followed the game on here. He was quite down at the end. I am just resigned. I still love our club and town, but the Loons have disgraced both. Mowbray is just on one last pay day. The club will never thrive under conditions like this. It is embarrassing what our poor excuse for a manager now spouts. Please, politely, fuck off, take Waggott with you, oh and same for the absentee clowns.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 3

Travis was ready to come on just before the penalty. The substitute card was given to the fourth official and Travis was stripped. The penalty being scored changed their thinking. That was in the 65th minute. He waited until they scored their third before bringing Graham on in the 84th minute. I can't understand why he didn't bring Travis on at the time of the penalty as we were being battered and we needed fresh legs or a change in the system.

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

Travis was ready to come on just before the penalty. The substitute card was given to the fourth official and Travis was stripped. The penalty being scored changed their thinking. That was in the 65th minute. He waited until they scored their third before bringing Graham on in the 84th minute. I can't understand why he didn't bring Travis on at the time of the penalty as we were being battered and we needed fresh legs or a change in the system.

Because he has lost the plot?

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Credit to Neil for making the change when he did.  First half I thought we fully deserved the lead and could easily have stretched it to three with a bit more luck.  However, second half Preston went more direct and Stockley completely dominated our centre-backs.  However, even then I thought we were comfortable until Walton made his usually inept attempt at doing the basics in goal - I swear this lad makes John Barton look almost international class by comparison!

Once Walton had handed the momentum to North End the confidence just drained away.

Agree with arbitro with regard to Mowbray.  He sat down and hardly moved during the whole game and let Venus do the coaching.  Whatever the pros and cons with regard to the manager one or two players need to start looking at themselves when things start going against us.  

Don't sit on that fence for too long Parsons you'll get Piles! ;)

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Backroom
Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

My 19 year was on his way down to Cornwall for a holiday. He got very excited at 2-0. I kept telling him there was a long way to go. I followed the game on here. He was quite down at the end. I am just resigned. 

I said to the mate I was with at the time when I saw it was 2-0 - "we almost always concede at least two a game. We'll need to score four to win this." 

I'm so used to it that being 2-0 up doesn't reassure me at all. It just makes me wonder how long it'll take for us to collapse. 

Sadly There  is no way he will walk ! That means he is depriving his and his mate Venus his  pension !! If he goes then he has too ! 

Venkys need to put him and us out of this misery!! 

The Interviews he gives are that of a man totally out touch and Neil showed him today how Managers impact a game of football ... 

please Venkys get this dinosaur out of this proud club .... 

• Like 5

So the players’ fault. Again.

There used to be a time when the manager was made responsible for things like this. 

Out of interest was Rothwell’s withdrawal forced or tactical?

• Like 1

Up in the Lake District. Our lad says Rovers are two up. For a millisecond we were elated, then both said, but you know what that means. Got 2-2 written all over it. In the car when Preston pulled one back, we said Preston have more than enough time to win it 3-2. We all know there’s no plan b. We can’t defend for feckin toffee. All an opposition manager needs to say against us is, keep at ‘em for ninety minutes and they’ll cave in. Time for change.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

So the players’ fault. Again.

There used to be a time when the manager was made responsible for things like this. 

Out of interest was Rothwell’s withdrawal forced or tactical?

I think I said that whatever you think about the manager - and he is clearly losing the plot - one or two players also need to look at their performance.  If you read that as it ALL being the players at fault fair enough, but it wasn't what I said. 

Centre-backs shouldn't allow themselves to be bullied in the way we were in the second half.  I can think of any number of centre-backs we've had who would have sorted Stockley out very quickly. 

I'm not bothered what the reason for Rothwell's withdrawal - to be honest I'd forgotten he was on the pitch in the second half.  Reminds me of the ultimate headless chicken - runs around a lot but not much in the way of end product.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Spot on Mowbray was totally paralyzed today players clearly needing help from the bench in that second half. Read an article in the Cricketer magazine this lunchtime from Shane Bond kiwi fast bowler talking about coaching  "the fundamentals of coaching are to try to help players get better build relationships, give them a clear game plan based on the information you have. Give them the confidence to go out and play their own game that they've trained for. Clearly not happening at Brockhall.

Just now, north_ender said:

Neil got the starting team badly, badly wrong. The front line was totally unbalanced with Browne on the right (with Bodin and Potts, right wingers, sat on the bench) and Hughes had a shocker first half filling in at centre back for Davies (Storey, a CB, sat on the bench).

He doesn't often get it wrong tactically, but when he does he isn't afraid to change it quickly and the first half change bringing Stockley on made a big difference.

Just like I said after the match in March last season, I look at Blackburn and fail to see what way they are trying to play, or what the manager is asking the players to do. Yes you went 2-0 up early on, but whilst you did show some decent aggression and pressing, it was more down to our ineptitude in the first 15 minutes than any patterns of play by Rovers. The players seem to be shoehorned into different roles despite Mowbray having numerous opportunities to rebalance the side in the market. It seems to me that you recruit based on seeing who's available rather than methodically balancing out the squad, hence having 2 very expensive strikers in the squad yet defenders always playing out of position.

Once we actually started stringing some moves together and played off Stockley, Rovers were second best and we dominated. Once the first goal went in it looks inevitable that we'd go on to score more. Mowbray's post-match interview is that of a desperate man facing the sack. He can blame the referee all he wants but Blackburn have been conceding a lot of goals for some time, so it's down to him.

To me it looks like you have the basis of a potentially good side at this level but need a much better manager tactically and in the market.

Can't argue with any of that. Thanks for not rubbing our noses in it, Northender.

• Like 1

I think I said that whatever you think about the manager - and he is clearly losing the plot - one or two players also need to look at their performance.  If you read that as it ALL being the players at fault fair enough, but it wasn't what I said. 

Centre-backs shouldn't allow themselves to be bullied in the way we were in the second half.  I can think of any number of centre-backs we've had who would have sorted Stockley out very quickly. 

I'm not bothered what the reason for Rothwell's withdrawal - to be honest I'd forgotten he was on the pitch in the second half.  Reminds me of the ultimate headless chicken - runs around a lot but not much in the way of end product.

Oh for a Kevin Moran !!

11 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Cowley changed the game last week, Neil did today. 

Mowbray has been serially outthought but that said, some glaring individual mistakes which are hard to legislate for don’t help.

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

Mowbray has been serially outthought but that said, some glaring individual mistakes which are hard to legislate for don’t help.

The question has to be asked though - with these "individual errors" coming at scores every game, how much of that is down to a dreadful training regime and poor shape? Different sport admittedly but England made a bunch of individual errors during the NZ game - the difference is that every single one of their team mates were there and ready to cover tracks and back each other up. How often under Mowbray have we worked as a cohesive team unit with a gameplan?

If you have no plan, when pressure comes the team doesn't have the tools to deal with it, and for me that comes down to management/coaching fundamentally.

• Like 2

Then stop picking Bennett,

Admit he fucked up by signing Walton to replace Raya.

Finally realise that he should have stuck to his promise and signed defenders.

Those mistakes are made week in week out by players he won't drop. His fault, his mess now it's time for him to jump ship and let somebody else clean up and start again.

• Like 2

Mowbray buys and sells our players.

Mowbray picks the team.

The buck stops completely at Mowbray's door.

There are simply no excuses. 

• Like 9

“Wherever they are in the league, and wherever we are, it just shows that on the day anyone can beat anyone.”

Eh?! No Tony, us winning would have shown that. What it showed is the form table got this one spot on, and that we can't defend a fucking lead to save our lives!

• Like 7