BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is that Venkys want really? 

Yes but you arent yet to suggest who this young manager. Wonder why? 

Just banging on about Cowley. He aint our manager so just move on pal

Because it's not my feckin job!

If Rovers want to employ me as a consultant then I'll do all the research and due diligence necessary and I dare say make a much better fist of it than Sulhail, Waggot or Cheston.

There are unpolished diamonds out there (both players and managers) and it is up to the football clubs, including Rovers to find them.  Other clubs do!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Lot of people moaning about the referee or Preston's players going down easily to win free kicks.

I call it good game management. Use the referees to your advantage. Huddersfield did the same. Everyone who watches football at this level knows the referees are tragically bad. Some managers exploit that ineptitude. We don't. We're in the image of our manager - too nice, not ruthless or nasty enough. 

We always end up on the wrong end of the decisions and feel hard done to but it's time we start playing the system ourselves. Get players booked and win soft free kicks.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Lot of people moaning about the referee or Preston's players going down easily to win free kicks.

I call it good game management. Use the referees to your advantage. Huddersfield did the same. Everyone who watches football at this level knows the referees are tragically bad. Some managers exploit that ineptitude. We don't. We're in the image of our manager - too nice, not ruthless or nasty enough. 

We always end up on the wrong end of the decisions and feel hard done to but it's time we start playing the system ourselves. Get players booked and win soft free kicks.

Bang on post!

"We're in the image of our manager - too nice, not ruthless or nasty enough "

Just now, JHRover said:

I would like it to start with TM sending a message to all managers of teams we play, and a public statement, that we will not kick the ball out of play if a player goes down injured. And we would not expect them to either.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

OK, I’ll have one more go at explaining what I mean via an analogy...bear with...?

i have a leaking kitchen tap. I conduct due diligence & select a plumber who is suitably qualified & so seems capable of doing the job. He comes in, starts work but accidentally drills through the pipe causing a leak. The plumber is Responsible for the mistake, I am Accountable for choosing the plumber & therefore ultimately, the leak & the damage caused.

if I KEEP using that plumber for all my requirements & accepting risk of further collateral damage then my accountability for the performance of my kitchen tap might suffer & Mrs H might decide that in future, somebody else might be better placed to choose which plumber we use.

Ultimately the buck stops with me (until MRS H intervenes) but it doesn’t give the chosen plumber carte blanche to go nuts knackering my pipe work, he has a duty of care....that’s the difference between responsibility & accountability in this instance... 

*retires to drawing room, pours glass of scotch, slumps back in easy chair* ?

But what is the point you're making, sir? You conceded that the buck stops with the manager. It's Mowbray's players, Mowbray's preparation, Mowbray's tactics. End of. That's all there is to say. 

• Like 1

We've scored twice within a minute this season and lost both games 3-2. We are mentally fragile and not at all ruthless. Frustratingly, we have decent players (who won't stick around for ever). We need a new manager to marshall the troops. Venkys should act soon to prevent matters getting worse. Suspect they won't. 

• Like 3

Just now, Amo said:

But what is the point you're making, sir? You conceded that the buck stops with the manager. It's Mowbray's players, Mowbray's preparation, Mowbray's tactics. End of. That's all there is to say. 

I don’t totally absolve the players, that’s my point ??

Just now, Gamst said:

Venkys should act soon to prevent matters getting worse. Suspect they won't. 

I'm gonna make an assumption, and it's not particularly harsh, that they have no idea about our current predicament.

I think he will have to resign, or we'll have to at least drop into the bottom 3 before they act, that is almost certainly on the horizon in the next month or so too.

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Be angry with Mowbray Chaddy.  He has proved that he has a total inability to affect and read games as they are occurring ie he just appears incapable or unable to react to situations until it’s too late.

Yesterday, the game changed more or less at the beginning of the second half, directly as a result of what the PNE manager did.  Did we react?  No.  Was it inevitable they would score? Yes.  By that time our momentum had gone.  He was going to react just before they scored their second but again too late.  As they got that equaliser, you could see by the body language in our lot that we would be leaving with nil points.

Due to poor or non existent recruitment during the last 2 windows, we are not equipped to compete.

My view is we will be relegated unless Mowbray is replaced before the next window.

As I said Chaddy, be angry with Mowbray, he is a dinosaur.

Same as Huddersfield last Saturday.

Just brought myself to watch the highlights again.

Walton's mistakes for the first are even worse than I remembered them. Completely misjudges the flight of the ball for what should have been the most routine of catches.

Then Bennett had no need to foul the guy who was chasing a ball heading for the byline outside the box. Even if he got to it to get a shot in, Bennett was still well placed to get a close range block on it.

Nyambe sadly missing for their winner.

• Like 1

From yesterday I left the game not even disappointed, annoyed or shocked. Said at half time that we would come out with three points. It's just getting all to predictable now. We have a decent squad with some serious talent so all the blame is to the manager. He's been out of his depth since we came back the championship. We're going to loose Dack, Rothwell, possibly Travis, Lenihan next season all because of Boring Tony.

He has to go!

ps happy for Gallagher to get a goal. Thought he finished it well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Of course he is, but at 4pm yesterday as that cross came over...Mowbray is powerless. He can only react post event.

If I decided to recruit someone for my business, I check his CV, speak to a few people in the industry, check the standard of his previous work and if I’m satisfied offer him the job. If he then goes and makes a total mess of a job I give him to do and my customer complains, do I absolve myself from all blame and pin it on him, or apologise and accept it was my fault for recruiting him?

Once he has cocked up a few times, do I get shut or just keep on backing him, hoping he will eventually  get it right?

Edited by lraC

2 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Be angry with Mowbray Chaddy.  He has proved that he has a total inability to affect and read games as they are occurring ie he just appears incapable or unable to react to situations until it’s too late.

Yesterday, the game changed more or less at the beginning of the second half, directly as a result of what the PNE manager did.  Did we react?  No.  Was it inevitable they would score? Yes.  By that time our momentum had gone.  He was going to react just before they scored their second but again too late.  As they got that equaliser, you could see by the body language in our lot that we would be leaving with nil points.

Due to poor or non existent recruitment during the last 2 windows, we are not equipped to compete.

My view is we will be relegated unless Mowbray is replaced before the next window.

As I said Chaddy, be angry with Mowbray, he is a dinosaur.

Trust I am very much so. 

Mowbray should have change it very quickly after Preston scored their 1st goal

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Because it's not my feckin job!

If Rovers want to employ me as a consultant then I'll do all the research and due diligence necessary and I dare say make a much better fist of it than Sulhail, Waggot or Cheston.

There are unpolished diamonds out there (both players and managers) and it is up to the football clubs, including Rovers to find them.  Other clubs do!

stop banging on about Cowley then. 

I would become a consultant for free. 

1 hour ago, AAK said:

I am still absolutley astounded as to why bennett and evans were picked above travis. Any explanations for that anyone? Its a truly astounding decision

well look at the roles each played in the 1st half, Bennett job was to man marked Gallagher and he did such a great job of that Neil took him off. Evans played in front of back 4 and marked Johnson and did a very good job. Dack played against Pearson