BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watching the goals again just makes things worse.
1st - No challenge from Bell for the long ball the bloke cushioned headed, then Walton had no idea where he was for the chip - worse than any of Raya’s blunders. 

2nd - Williams piss poor in letting man, ball and Bennett into the box. Watching live I thought the guy was through but he’d have been lucky to get to the ball still in play, Bennett can’t defend.

3rd - Nyambe cones inside to man-mark Tosin for some unknown reason, leaving his man in acres of space.

The manager’s lack of nous led to the collapse but none of these players involved in their goals are good enough - the lack of investment over years and years in the defence is plain to see. When did we last buy a good goalie, Friedal?

Awful but entirely predictable.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I want an experience keeper and centre back plus right back and left back. They were plenty available.

Hilton has looked decent in games tbh that ive seen. 

Nope. I say no one is automatic a place in my team. I said we need a Jansson or Hector signing. Experience, leader. Plus another. Plus an experience keeper, right back and left back. 

Williams was rough up yesterday and couldnt cope. Adarabioyo is young but we get better. Need to play next to an experience partner. 

Tbh, thought it was a soft pen.tbh. Browne had hold of Bennett's shirt just as much tbh. Thought he was outstanding at man marking Gallagher out of the game. 

Not for me. Walton is better at command of area and shot stopping where he is very good. Both keepers have their weaknesses. Exactly why I wanted an experience keeper in

But what is quite clear is that Bauer WOULD have been a huge upgrade on the crap we already had. Williams has been here for years and has had more than enough chances to prove that hes good enough and hes failed to do so. Shocking again yesterday.

Adarabioyo is flimsy, weak, brittle, hes not a good enough defender.

Bennett always seems to give away "soft pens." Hes a liability yet forever the first name on the team sheet. Hes nowhere near good enough. Preston as a team were awful first half.

Waltons main weakness is goalkeeping sadly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. Walton is better at command of area and shot stopping where he is very good

His shot stopping isnt great. The Hudderfield equaliser springs to mind.. For all Raya's supposed faults, he did pull off the odd worldie of a save now and again. Im struggling to recall any saves that Walton has made that I thought were outstanding.  

As ive said before, the good keepers save the ones that had they have no right to save. 

Its easy in hindsight but moving out Raya and Mulgrew and not replacing adequately has been a disaster.

Edited by Hasta

I was at the fans forum meeting 18 or so months ago, and i still remember the words to this day, mowbray said "listen if things arent going well and results are bad like they have been in the past, i wont stay around ill go and give someone else a chance, i keep my word"

• Like 3

Just now, AAK said:

I was at the fans forum meeting 18 or so months ago, and i still remember the words to this day, mowbray said "listen if things arent going well and results are bad like they have been in the past, i wont stay around ill go and give someone else a chance, i keep my word"

He left Coventry after going 10 games without a win, in his own words it was "embarrassing".

4 more to go until we get there, I suspect we'll win one of them just to keep him ticking over.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You could combine Raya and Walton and would still end up with a keeper who costs you double figures in terms of points for the season, both are poor keepers. 

Rubbish. Walton I agree with, Raya definitely not. Brentford have conceded ten less than us so far this season after 14 games: draw your own conclusion.

Raya will be bought for big money one day.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

Rubbish. Walton I agree with, Raya definitely not. Brentford have conceded ten less than us so far this season after 14 games: draw your own conclusion.

Raya will be bought for big money one day.

My conclusion would be that Brentford have a much better defence than us due to the fact that they went out and got a big dominant centre half, in Jansson. With Raya last season it was one calamity after another in terms of points he cost us double figures easily.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

My conclusion would be that Brentford have a much better defence than us due to the fact that they went out and got a big dominant centre half, in Jansson. With Raya last season it was one calamity after another in terms of points he cost us double figures easily.

I agree. Jansson is the one we should have signed

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But what is quite clear is that Bauer WOULD have been a huge upgrade on the crap we already had. Williams has been here for years and has had more than enough chances to prove that hes good enough and hes failed to do so. Shocking again yesterday.

Adarabioyo is flimsy, weak, brittle, hes not a good enough defender.

Bennett always seems to give away "soft pens." Hes a liability yet forever the first name on the team sheet. Hes nowhere near good enough. Preston as a team were awful first half.

Waltons main weakness is goalkeeping sadly.

We made Preston played awful and take off their playmaker after 30 mins. Bennett marked him out of the game

My conclusion would be that Brentford have a much better defence than us due to the fact that they went out and got a big dominant centre half in Jansson

Fair point (to a point).

We won't agree on keepers other than we both agree that we've currently got a bad 'un.

I'd have loved the opportunity to see Raya play behind a Moran/Hendry type pairing and I'm sure your thoughts on him would then differ.

We'll all be up in arms when Raya goes to Barca for big money!

• Like 3

If Bauer had the right agent he'd have been in the door i think that's a given big contract or no big contract.

Something still stinks around here and whilst i don't think it's corruption i think it is just the easy option, old pals act type stuff.  

Either way it still holds you back and dumps crap on you you'd be better off not bothering with.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

But how much of that is down to what's in front of him? Goalkeeping can come down to confidence, if you have 4 people in front of you that you trust the nerves aren't there and you can make less mistakes. Seem to be doing fine at Brentford from what I've seen.

That and with the amount of free chances we give teams they've bound to force an error eventually. We need to start defending from the front as a unit but that won't happen until we a) get a new manager and b)get some in game leaders with the balls to pull people up when they're out of position.

Just now, tomphil said:

If Bauer had the right agent he'd have been in the door i think that's a given big contract or no big contract.

Something still stinks around here and whilst i don't think it's corruption i think it is just the easy option, old pals act type stuff.  

Either way it still holds you back and dumps crap on you you'd be better off not bothering with.

we would never have signed Bauer no matter who his agent was  because he is not a midfielder or a forward

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s corruption, incompetence or down right neglect. The stench around the place is caused by the owners. No one is accountable, as there is no one there who either cares enough or has the authority to do anything about it. When the cats away the mouse will play and our mouse has been left a huge supply of cheese and a lovely cosy bed to sleep in.

• Like 3

Rovers have needed two experienced central defenders and a goalkeeper for at least two seasons neither of our current centre backs both of whom are converted from other positions are up to the job as for putting a young inexperienced goalkeeper behind them is a stupid decision all we seem to sign is midfield players and young expensive strikers time for Mowbray to go. 

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

When you say right agent, do you really mean not a 'wrong' type that deals in manilla coloured paper receptacles?

It's certainly very strange when Rovers still don't do what's obviously required to us 'no marks'.

It's all down to t'clarets, I tell ye!

• Like 2

All successful managers build from the back. When Clough turned Forest into European champions, he went out and broke the British record for a keeper. We go out and find one that has had more loans than a banker on the fiddle

Just now, lraC said:

All successful managers build from the back. When Clough turned Forest into European champions, he went out and broke the British record for a keeper. We go out and find one that has had more loans than a banker on the fiddle

Arnold and Gennoe with no money. Nuff said.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

OK, I’ll have one more go at explaining what I mean via an analogy...bear with...?

i have a leaking kitchen tap. I conduct due diligence & select a plumber who is suitably qualified & so seems capable of doing the job. He comes in, starts work but accidentally drills through the pipe causing a leak. The plumber is Responsible for the mistake, I am Accountable for choosing the plumber & therefore ultimately, the leak & the damage caused.

if I KEEP using that plumber for all my requirements & accepting risk of further collateral damage then my accountability for the performance of my kitchen tap might suffer & Mrs H might decide that in future, somebody else might be better placed to choose which plumber we use.

Ultimately the buck stops with me (until MRS H intervenes) but it doesn’t give the chosen plumber carte blanche to go nuts knackering my pipe work, he has a duty of care....that’s the difference between responsibility & accountability in this instance... 

*retires to drawing room, pours glass of scotch, slumps back in easy chair* ?

So that, Herbie, explains why Mowbray HAS to go. He keeps playing those stupid plumbers on the football field and hasn't learned his lesson yet.

God! I wish we had a plumber like Tommy Finney on the field.

• Like 2

Just now, rossyrover said:

Rovers have needed two experienced central defenders and a goalkeeper for at least two seasons neither of our current centre backs both of whom are converted from other positions are up to the job as for putting a young inexperienced goalkeeper behind them is a stupid decision all we seem to sign is midfield players and young expensive strikers time for Mowbray to go. 

Mowbray wanted Ben Hegenhan when we got relegated to league 1 but Sheff Utd got him. 

I thought Mowbray might move for him in the summer after his good spell at Blackpool from reporters and the 1 game I watched him. 

Over the 2 summers he had more than enough time to sign one or 2 plus an experience keeper. He failed. Experience right back aswell wouldnt got a miss either. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray wanted Ben Hegenhan when we got relegated to league 1 but Sheff Utd got him. 

I thought Mowbray might move for him in the summer after his good spell at Blackpool from reporters and the 1 game I watched him. 

Over the 2 summers he had more than enough time to sign one or 2 plus an experience keeper. He failed. Experience right back aswell wouldnt got a miss either. 

If some complete numpty in India is still listening to his resident experts, who explains, it’s the goal scorers who command big transfer fees, then no amount of scouting for defenders, or keepers will result in us Shelling decent money out for one. There is a reason why despite everyone with a hole in their botty, can see what we have needed for over two seasons, yet we still fail to land the said players.

Some people posting on other medium, suggest the owners were badly advised and have learned from their mistakes. I personally can’t see that at all. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1