BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

58 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Fuck it I say, time to try something new, because what we've been doing isn't working and I'd say Rankin-Costello has more than earned his chance just like Buckley.

Walton
JRC Tosin Lenihan Williams Cunningham
Travis Johnson
Armstrong Graham Downing

Dack, Gallagher, Bennett, Buckley, Rothwell, Nyambe, Leut.

Amidst various problems with that team, no Holtby at all?

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Amidst various problems with that team, no Holtby at all?

Yeah fair point, I wouldn't start him at Preston but massive oversight on my bench there.

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Yeah fair point, I wouldn't start him at Preston but massive oversight on my bench there.

Why not start him?  The rest have been crap overall. 

Name me one team that plays successfully on the break that has a big slow lump like DG in his own up front.....

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

God knows why you wouldn't start him.

Just wouldn't. Midfield needs Travis and Johnson and I don't think he's warranted starting in Dack's position yet. I also don't see him as a winger. 

14 hours ago, bazza said:

Yep. On paper they should hammer us. But, as we all know, football is a funny old game.

I think we might get something from this one.

I would say on paper with the players at each teams disposal we should beat them....our manager massively swings it in their favour however. 

Id try and go for our paciest possible team and hit them on the break rather than the slow boring easy to defend against tactics Melton Mowbray seems to enjoy. I am assuming cunningham is out. 

Walton

Nyambe   Tosin   Lenihan  Williams

Travis  Johnson 

Rothwell         Dack            Armstrong

Gallagher

• Like 2

A positive set up and performance is paramount a bad result might be forgiven if it isn't the usual surrender monkey crap that keeps haunting this team.  No need for it with what's at the disposal now and in particular midfield were Preston seem tigerish yet depending on the ridiculous rotation selection we often appear tame.

Fight fire with fire not a feather duster.

In local derbies the form book often goes out the window the desire of who wants it more for their fans and club is a great leveller.

So players , manager and yes FANS step up to the plate let this be a pivotal point in the season please.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

In local derbies the form book often goes out the window the desire of who wants it more for their fans and club is a great leveller.

So players , manager and yes FANS step up to the plate let this be a pivotal point in the season please.

We have to hope the form book goes out of the window don't we?!!

Just now, 47er said:

We have to hope the form book goes out of the window don't we?!!

Yeah if it carries on as it is.

I can still see Mowbray going for a draw and everyone saying before i'll be happy with a point then going bananas that we didn't go for it afterwards !!!

• Like 1

I think we need a new system for the team and i would like to see us try a good old 4 1 2 1 2 which i think could work quite well for us. 

Would love to see: 

---------------------Walton-----------------

Bennett---Lenihan--Tosin---Cunningham (If not fit Williams) 

-------------------Travis------------------------

----------Johnson----Holtby-----------------

------------------Dack----------------------

--------Gallagher-------Armstrong-------

I think Gallagher size and heading winning capability with Armstrong speed could be a great combo! 

Cunningham out for the season. 

I think this should force TMs hand to play 3 at the back. If we play Bell we are essentially playing 10 men - I've never seen a worse left back at Rovers. 

Walton

Tosin    Williams    Lenihan

Bennet                                        Downing

Travis   Holtby

Rothwell   Armstrong   Dack

2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Cunningham out for the season. 

I think this should force TMs hand to play 3 at the back. If we play Bell we are essentially playing 10 men - I've never seen a worse left back at Rovers. 

Walton

Tosin    Williams    Lenihan

Bennet                                        Downing

Travis   Holtby

Rothwell   Armstrong   Dack

Looks like we are putting everyone down the left hand side to strengthen up in Cunningham's absence. Good thinking!!