BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray buys and sells our players.

Mowbray picks the team.

The buck stops completely at Mowbray's door.

There are simply no excuses. 

Mowbray is ultimately accountable but individual players are responsible for their own performance on the field. Mowbray isn’t playing FIFA controlling their movements and decision making.

Mowbray can drop Walton next week but he can’t guarantee that whoever he brings in doesn’t make a mistake. Let’s keep a sense of perspective here.

Today was the clearest evidence possible that Mowbray is finished. Another 25 minute performance. Complete inability to sustain a performance, another 3 goals against. Completely out done by the opposition manager.

No answer whatsoever to Preston's changes and improvement in the second half.

Not.good enough by any measure. Time up. Thanks Mowbray but time for a fresh approach.

Dont know what he was playing at today with his deliberate refusal to stand up in the technical area. Either the players told him to sit down or he told them to make a point and refused to address them.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

That was the point I was making! There are these diamonds out there, blowing £7 million on ‘potential’ is a crazy way to operate for a club like us, Preston’s ‘model’ seems to be working much better from where I’m standing.

sorry miss read your post thought u was having a dig 

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

Mowbray is ultimately accountable but individual players are responsible for their own performance on the field. Mowbray isn’t playing FIFA controlling their movements and decision making.

Mowbray can drop Walton next week but he can’t guarantee that whoever he brings in doesn’t make a mistake. Let’s keep a sense of perspective here.

Maybe the Walton mistake was responsible for the first goal but Mowbray is massively responsible regardless. Neil makes a change on 30 minutes and goes direct, Mowbray does nothing. Preston pull one back, Rovers players panic to a man and mentally fall apart - Mowbray does nothing. Rovers on the back foot, can't get in the game, players bullied, Mowbray does nothing. Now if this was a one off he'd get leeway from me but it's inherent in this side - his side. He simply has to go.

• Like 5

Just now, LDRover said:

Maybe the Walton mistake was responsible for the first goal but Mowbray is massively responsible regardless. Neil makes a change on 30 minutes and goes direct, Mowbray does nothing. Preston pull one back, Rovers players panic to a man and mentally fall apart - Mowbray does nothing. Rovers on the back foot, can't get in the game, players bullied, Mowbray does nothing. Now if this was a one off he'd get leeway from me but it's inherent in this side - his side. He simply has to go.

I think we are agreeing. The manager sets the team up, organises, ensures everyone knows their job & is in the best possible shape physically & mentally.

Once on the field the players are responsible for their actions. The manager is ultimately accountable for the performance/result & if he doesn’t like any aspect, he is responsible for changing tactics, formations, substitutes etc during the game. The manager is not responsible for individual players dropping a gonad. He is responsible for reacting to that in whatever way he thinks fit.

Cowley changed it last week. Neil did today. In each instance, we failed to react effectively & it has cost us 5 points.

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Please. Just don’t. This isn’t about one match, let alone one half.

Funny though that the only person advocating that we keep Mowbray is a fan of the team who beat us today. :rolleyes:

Maybe you are genuine, maybe you are on the wind-up. Either way, leave it out.

reads like a nobber wind up to me  probably tell us to appoint bfs if we pot morbidry 

11 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The manager is not responsible for individual players dropping a gonad. He is responsible for reacting to that in whatever way he thinks fit.

He's responsible for getting a better keeper in the first place than the gonad-dropper he recruited.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Yes but I know that Del is shyte and you know Del is shyte, he’s been shyte for ages yet Mowbray continues to play him every week , same with Bennett, how many more mistakes .......the players are as good as they are, just not good enough for a championship team 

40 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Come on! He is responsible for the team he puts out. The buck stops with the manager. End of.

You said it yourself - "Mowbary is ultimately accountable". I think you are defending the indefensible.

1 hour ago, TheNorthEnd said:

Poor support for me.

Gave it a good go.

On another day you would have taken the 3 points.

I like Mowbray, but in his interview on Radio Lancs he sounded like a dead man walking.

Poor support? You are looking at one game, not the whole scope of the clusterfuck that Mowbray's tenure is becoming.

On another day the exact same pissing thing would have happened, because it keeps happening over and over and over.

3 hours ago, LDRover said:

This! No other words necessary!

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The players were booed by a few as they tried to come over is all I heard, didn’t hear any anti Mowbray chants...

A few? There was more than a few boos.

I'm sick to death of football. 6am and I can't bloody sleep for one reason, again. 

At 2 nil did anyone genuinely feel confident we'd win? I was surprised to be in that position but I certainly didn't, it shouldn't be that way! Went to drown my sorrows after and watched Chelsea (obviously exaggerated cheers every goal in a pub full of dingles ?). At 2 nil up you KNEW they'd win, like you would with most competent teams.

Dack first half was like a man possessed, even making clearances in our own 6 yard box, absolutely superb. Gallagher on cloud 9 playing with confidence, Bell comfortable, everything slotted into place.

And then. 

What a shit storm.

As soon as their first went in you absolutely KNEW it would be 3-2.

I'm sorry but we can't 100% blame TM for that, players need to grow bollocks and stop this happening. 

• Like 3

As far as I'm concerned, regular individual mistakes stem from the manager. 

Under poor managers, teams make plenty of them, under good managers the errors are far less.

When Allardyce replaced Ince, the mistakes were cut out almost instantly. Players knew their job and the teams tactics pretty clearly. Obviously players still make mistakes every now and again but they are far less common. Not every game.

It's no surprise our players make mistakes, does anyone even know what tactics Mowbray tries to play?

• Like 7

Also individual mistakes are the managers fault when said mistakes come from players that the manager should be dropping chiefly bennett and Walton. 

For what it’s worth I think the other keeper is turd. But this is also Mowbrays fault for not adequately replacing raya.

Also strikers that can’t score. When the most successful striker we have can’t get a game because the manager needs to prove he hasn’t wasted 5 million on the prolific 1 goal in 28 games man-mowbrays fault. No defenders-mowbrays fault. 1000s of midfielders that don't really fit into any system-mowbrays fault.

Clearly it’s not all his fault but enough is to make his position untenable. 

• Like 2

Just now, matt83 said:

Also individual mistakes are the managers fault when said mistakes come from players that the manager should be dropping chiefly bennett and Walton. 

For what it’s worth I think the other keeper is turd. But this is also Mowbrays fault for not adequately replacing raya.

Also strikers that can’t score. When the most successful striker we have can’t get a game because the manager needs to prove he hasn’t wasted 5 million on the prolific 1 goal in 28 games man-mowbrays fault. No defenders-mowbrays fault. 1000s of midfielders that don't really fit into any system-mowbrays fault.

Clearly it’s not all his fault but enough is to make his position untenable. 

One reason why Mowbray is such an infuriating manager, the situation we find ourselves in is all of his own making.

The architect of his own downfall.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

This is wrong. Managers make decisions days, weeks even months ahead, not kick to kick.

When those decisions result in the team playing as poorly and inconsistently as ours is then that’s down to the manager.

Individual mistakes happen from time to time, with us it’s every week - no matter who plays. Players make mistakes when they doubt themselves or their teammates. It’s easy to see why this can happen under Mowbray, who drops players in form in order to rotate - apparently because some players aren’t technical or athletic enough or capable of understanding tactics. Confidence must be at an all time low.

• Like 7

Because I wasn't angry enough I decided to watch the highlights.

I have no idea what Walton was doing for that goal, sadly the backup keeper is just as bad. So it's like deciding which arm you want chopping off.

Not much case for a defense for the rest either. So poor.

Gallagher took his goal really well to be fair. Probably the only highlight.

I say a few as there were plenty clapping too. 

Wigan (Ince), Barnsley (Coyle) away it weren’t, and I don’t think it ever will be for TM, just like it never really was for Bowyer.

Maybe I misread it Matty but I thought the majority of boos were aimed at the referee who was making his way off.

• Like 1

I say a few as there were plenty clapping too. 

Wigan (Ince), Barnsley (Coyle) away it weren’t, and I don’t think it ever will be for TM, just like it never really was for Bowyer.

Yeah I get ya, I think if it had been 3 nil the boos would have been a lot more prominent but some were clapping as you say, not I!

Edited by Ossydave