BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I did not see the game live, just watched the extended highlights.

I was trying to imagine what the players think when they look across at the sitting Mowbray, Lowe, Benson and 1 other all looking glum like they are waiting for a dental appointment for a raging toothache.

As depressing a bunch of no-hopers as I've seen.

The Walton cock up would be comedy gold if he didn't play for us. Walton may be many things but he will never be a decent keeper. Ever.

Elliott Bennett, fecking useless

• Like 5

In the first half we pressed quite high all over the pitch and knocked them out of their stride. In the second half we were ten yards deeper which allowed them to go longer and win second balls. We simply invited pressure and allowed them to bully us. What made us change? If might have been Mowbray or the players themselves but Mowbray was so passive in the dugout I'm inclined to think he was happy. At 2-1 Travis was stripped and ready to come on but them scoring the penalty changed that. So at 2-2 Mowbray then appeared content as the change didn't happen but the majority could see we needed fresh legs. It's just another damning condemnation of Mowbrays management style how he dithers and is indecisive.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’d happily not have Walton appear for the club again. Said the other day there’s something about the guy I just don’t like - back that up with a sh*te keeper and that’s what we have. Another TM masterstroke.

The save from an early Gallagher free-kick sums up Walton.

He palmed/punched it clear, not the strongest kick and straight at him and could have been caught. Hardly jumps but when he lands, hesitates a moment and does a Kodak moment backwards roll for the cameras. Pathetic.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Bennett should have been booked for the earlier foul just outside our penalty area.

Bennett fouls to give away a penalty. No booking.

Loses his rag late on and is rightly booked.

Captain material? You are taking the piss Tony.

I didn't see Bennett get booked. If he was it's his fifth and he'll miss the next game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In the first half we pressed quite high all over the pitch and knocked them out of their stride. In the second half we were ten yards deeper which allowed them to go longer and win second balls. We simply invited pressure and allowed them to bully us. What made us change? If might have been Mowbray or the players themselves but Mowbray was so passive in the dugout I'm inclined to think he was happy. At 2-1 Travis was stripped and ready to come on but them scoring the penalty changed that. So at 2-2 Mowbray then appeared content as the change didn't happen but the majority could see we needed fresh legs. It's just another damning condemnation of Mowbrays management style how he dithers and is indecisive.

I don't think we are fit enough (both physically and mentally) to play for 90+ minutes - in fact much beyond 30 minutes!

IMO, that again is down to Mowbray and his support team.

I've long argued on here that the club's dumbing down from top to bottom is reflected in the likes of Waggot,  Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, Benson and our sports' science / medical department and I think I'very been proven right.

Sadly, I think there is now so much dead wood in our club that we no longer need the proverbial taxi but a mini bus!

I think we need hungry, dynamic and innovative personnel in our key posts starting with a CEO who feckin knows what he is doing.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Maybe I got it wrong, will watch again and cant access BBC today to check stats etc

OK got on BBC, my mistake. Dack got the booking

Dack was angry yesterday, much more than anybody else. In the second half, right in front of the Rovers fans he showed his frustration by gesturing angrily after another attacking move broke down due to a poor decision. He then got himself booked for hacking down a Nobber.

If more players showed that attitude we might have had a chance. Some of them didn't appear to be hurting by what happened.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

How many pens is TM prepared for Benno to give away this season before the fool is dropped?!

He nearly gave one away in the 1st half too. Get turned and on the wrong side of his man way too often.

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d had a few pints but unless I was mistaken I so ZERO subs warming up second half.

I said this, also a manager who seemed to be predominantly sat on his backside for the most part. He's changed, man under pressure maybe but he just looks completely fed up as well.

Time to walk Tony.

Just now, arbitro said:

Dack was angry yesterday, much more than anybody else. In the second half, right in front of the Rovers fans he showed his frustration by gesturing angrily after another attacking move broke down due to a poor decision. He then got himself booked for hacking down a Nobber.

If more players showed that attitude we might have had a chance. Some of them didn't appear to be hurting by what happened.

Agreed, Dack looked like he was proper up for it yesterday and in my eyes strengthened his case to be our captain. Never gonna happen under TM but he'd be my choice.

• Like 1

Odd behaviour from Mowbray really. Either he knows his time is up and that is now affecting his body language or he's playing a different game with the players.

Up to half time at Birmingham he continued to do his usual prowling around the technical area, arms folded, head in hands routine shouting at the players.

2nd half at Birmingham he didn't get out of his seat and Venus took on the role of communicating with players.

Yesterday he made a point of hardly ever standing up - not when we were winning, not when they were getting back in the game nor late on when we were trailing. Even Venus rarely appeared to speak to the players. Meanwhile from the word go Alex Neil was on to his players offering encouragement and direction. At the half time whistle Neil sprinted down to the tunnel. Can only guess the difference between half time team talks.

Normally I wouldn't really care what a manager does or whether he prefers to stand or sit during a game but this has been an obvious change in Mowbray's demeanor. 

I think we're now beyond the pale. Mowbray knows it - he's been here before - and his language and behavior shows it. A competent ownership and board would recognise that too and act accordingly but that's where things break down.

Just now, charltonfan said:

We meet again,

I have a mate who is a blackburn fan and he said that Mowbray is contacted until 2025, how?

That's never been announced by the club. But then again they seem to like doing things without announcing it so it might be true.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't think we are fit enough (both physically and mentally) to play for 90+ minutes - in fact much beyond 30 minutes!

IMO, that again is down to Mowbray and his support team.

I've long argued on here that the club's dumbing down from top to bottom is reflected in the likes of Waggot,  Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, Benson and our sports' science / medical department and I think I'very been proven right.

Sadly, I think there is now so much dead wood in our club that we no longer need the proverbial taxi but a mini bus!

I think we need hungry, dynamic and innovative personnel in our key posts starting with a CEO who feckin knows what he is doing.

First the CEO needs to have the powers of a CEO

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The save from an early Gallagher free-kick sums up Walton.

He palmed/punched it clear, not the strongest kick and straight at him and could have been caught. Hardly jumps but when he lands, hesitates a moment and does a Kodak moment backwards roll for the cameras. Pathetic.

He does seem to have the Jason Steele disease of making the simplest of saves look dramatic. And also not saving much in general, by the looks of it.

Just now, charltonfan said:

We meet again,

I have a mate who is a blackburn fan and he said that Mowbray is contacted until 2025, how?

He got or IMO gave himself a 4 year extension in 2018 on the back off promo from L1 more or less when some players got contract rewards.

That takes him to June 2022 which is what Transfermarkt still shows.

I do not think he's got one to 2025 but anything is possible though when you've appointed your own Bosses and have feckwits as owners.

• Like 2