BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

What's the point in him having a better game if we lost? If he had a better game and we won then fine.

Agreed. It's a team game. The whole team needs to play well, prepared and setup well by the manager.

I dare say someone had a better game in each of the last 6 but no good when the end result is the same.

Trying to look for positives where there are none is what delusional managers do. 

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agreed. It's a team game. The whole team needs to play well, prepared and setup well by the manager.

I dare say someone had a better game in each of the last 6 but no good when the end result is the same.

Trying to look for positives where there are none is what delusional managers do. 

What the F*** you on about mate? This is a message board right? Evans had a decent game (for once). Just thought I'd share my opinion on that matter. We lost and I'm not surprised by that.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Typically predictable and cowardly collapse by a team lacking ability and character in equal measure.

Walton is an absolutely horrible signing, a truly woeful keeper, probably the worst in the league. Makes the erratic Raya look like Alisson, and possibly as bad if not worse than Jason Steele. If only our sub keeper wasnt equally dreadful. No matter which of the 2 goes in net, we will concede goal after goal.

Mowbrays obsession with Bennett is incredible, stuck into a new position as the weeks pass, the same conclusion, another penalty conceded. A waste of space but a teachers pet.

Derrick Williams still continues to steal a living in our defence

Bell continues to be incredibly passive, when the going gets tough he goes into hiding.

Adarabioyo is the flimsiest, softest defender you could ever wish to see. No wonder West Brom fans mocked us when he signed.

Good to see Gallagher get a goal.

Sadly, the manager wont be going anywhere I dont think and anyone who thinks he will does so out of pure hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Lot of people moaning about the referee or Preston's players going down easily to win free kicks.

I call it good game management. Use the referees to your advantage. Huddersfield did the same. Everyone who watches football at this level knows the referees are tragically bad. Some managers exploit that ineptitude. We don't. We're in the image of our manager - too nice, not ruthless or nasty enough. 

We always end up on the wrong end of the decisions and feel hard done to but it's time we start playing the system ourselves. Get players booked and win soft free kicks.

Dack does and wins a lot of free kicks for Rovers - would drive me mad if I was an opposition fan.

We shouldn't complain when it happens to us.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

What the F*** you on about mate? This is a message board right? Evans had a decent game (for once). Just thought I'd share my opinion on that matter. We lost and I'm not surprised by that.

I heard some people say Bell had a decent game as well. He's still crap !

Evans is an international so should have a good game more often than "for once". In fact he does when he plays for his country.

Perhaps these are all good players and the reason they all regularly underperform is the manager.

Just like perhaps these are all good goalkeepers until they start working with a coach who has never played in goal.

Suddenly they all become shite but what is the common denominator ?

New keeper, same "coach", same result.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

I heard some people say Bell had a decent game as well. He's still crap !

Evans is an international so should have a good game more often than "for once". In fact he does when he plays for his country.

Perhaps these are all good players and the reason they all regularly underperform is the manager.

Just like perhaps these are all good goalkeepers until they start working with a coach who has never played in goal.

Suddenly they all become shite but what is the common denominator ?

New keeper, same "coach", same result.

Who coached

Jones

Bradshaw

Arnold

Gennoe

Flowers

Friedel

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Trust I am very much so. 

Mowbray should have change it very quickly after Preston scored their 1st goal

stop banging on about Cowley then. 

I would become a consultant for free. 

well look at the roles each played in the 1st half, Bennett job was to man marked Gallagher and he did such a great job of that Neil took him off. Evans played in front of back 4 and marked Johnson and did a very good job. Dack played against Pearson 

Why should I?

Firstly, just shows there are 'bright young things' out there and secondly, shows what an impact a 'bright young thing' can have.

Can't stand the argument pushed by some that there are no options out there.

Over the years, the nature of my work has given me involvement in a number of sports (including football clubs) and I can tell you the ability levels of key administrators cuts right across the range of the good, the bad and the darn right ugly; so when I make comments, it is with the benefit of some experience and also the ability to benchmark different operators. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Why should I?

Firstly, just shows there are 'bright young things' out there and secondly, shows what an impact a 'bright young thing' can have.

Can't stand the argument pushed by some that there are no options out there.

Cowley aint coming here

I haven't said they aren't any options out there. Look at the job Steve Cooper is doing at Swansea. Brilliant. 

I've named a number of different manages out there we could get. 

Cowley aint coming here

I haven't said they aren't any options out there. Look at the job Steve Cooper is doing at Swansea. Brilliant. 

I've named a number of different manages out there we could get. 

Never said he was!

Simply using him as an example.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Trust I am very much so. 

Mowbray should have change it very quickly after Preston scored their 1st goal

stop banging on about Cowley then. 

I would become a consultant for free. 

well look at the roles each played in the 1st half, Bennett job was to man marked Gallagher and he did such a great job of that Neil took him off. Evans played in front of back 4 and marked Johnson and did a very good job. Dack played against Pearson 

Mowbray should have adjusted things when Stockley came on: It was bloody obvious that Preston were going to use him as a fulcrum but we did nowt to counteract it. This is Mowbray all over; he is almost always out thought by his opposite number.

Food for thought: would we have won with Bauer in our back 4? I'd wager we would. 

Would we have won with Raya between the sticks? I'd wager we would.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lraC said:

If I decided to recruit someone for my business, I check his CV, speak to a few people in the industry, check the standard of his previous work and if I’m satisfied offer him the job. If he then goes and makes a total mess of a job I give him to do and my customer complains, do I absolve myself from all blame and pin it on him, or apologise and accept it was my fault for recruiting him?

Once he has cocked up a few times, do I get shut or just keep on backing him, hoping he will eventually  get it right?

Agreed, TM has this precise dilemma; to lose one goalkeeper is unfortunate, to lose two might be deemed careless.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

Mowbray should have adjusted things when Stockley came on: It was bloody obvious that Preston were going to use him as a fulcrum but we did nowt to counteract it. This is Mowbray all over; he is almost always out thought by his opposite number.

Food for thought: would we have won with Bauer in our back 4? I'd wager we would. 

Would we have won with Raya between the sticks? I'd wager we would.

We should have push higher up the pitch. 

Agree with Bauer. 

Disagree with Raya. We need an experience keeper

Agree with Bauer. 

We'll have to agree to disagree (Brentford fans love Raya btw). Forget the first, Raya would probably have saved their third too.  I'm not bothered about experience per se, we just need a decent keeper and Walton is an absolute dolloper. De Gea and Pickford drop bollocks regularly but where are they? Raya was a cracking fix for us IMO.

What are folks thoughts on giving young Hilton a game or two?

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Agree with Bauer. 

Didnt you say in the summer that we was right to move on from Bauer as he wasnt of the required quality to get into our starting 11?

Views on Williams and Adarabioyo being not of the required quality as Championship defenders?

Views on Bennett the liability continuing to give away penalties?

Surely you would that Raya for all of his faults is better than the useless Walton?

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Agreed. However I thought Evans had a decent game. One of his better ones tbh.

I agree. I thought Evans did a bang up job man-marking Gallagher, to the point he was subbed after half an hour. It was a good plan that worked 100%. The problem was PNE changed their set up and our manager didn’t. From that point on I don’t think it mattered who the middle two were.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

We'll have to agree to disagree (Brentford fans love Raya btw). Forget the first, Raya would probably have saved their third too.  I'm not bothered about experience per se, we just need a decent keeper and Walton is an absolute dolloper.

What are folks thoughts on giving young Hilton a game or two?

I want an experience keeper and centre back plus right back and left back. They were plenty available.

Hilton has looked decent in games tbh that ive seen. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Didnt you say in the summer that we was right to move on from Bauer as he wasnt of the required quality to get into our starting 11?

Views on Williams and Adarabioyo being not of the required quality as Championship defenders?

Views on Bennett the liability continuing to give away penalties?

Surely you would that Raya for all of his faults is better than the useless Walton?

Nope. I say no one is automatic a place in my team. I said we need a Jansson or Hector signing. Experience, leader. Plus another. Plus an experience keeper, right back and left back. 

Williams was rough up yesterday and couldnt cope. Adarabioyo is young but we get better. Need to play next to an experience partner. 

Tbh, thought it was a soft pen.tbh. Browne had hold of Bennett's shirt just as much tbh. Thought he was outstanding at man marking Gallagher out of the game. 

Not for me. Walton is better at command of area and shot stopping where he is very good. Both keepers have their weaknesses. Exactly why I wanted an experience keeper in

I want an experience keeper and centre back plus right back and left back. They were plenty available.

Blimey. So  from saying you could see the direction TM was taking us a few weeks ago you're now saying the whole defence needs replacing.

• Like 1