BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has to perform whenever he on the pitch. He hasnt. I dont want excuses Roversfan99 but performances. Make it happen.

Yes I was expecting alot better from him but he hasnt been no where near good enough. 

Thats why Costello is in. Evans is playing defensive midfield role to allow Travis to get forward and be box to box. 

For Me, Walton isnt the problem or a joke. I think he has been positive so far. Yes we all wanted an experience keeper but we didnt get who we wanted. 

Lol.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has to perform whenever he on the pitch. He hasnt. I dont want excuses Roversfan99 but performances. Make it happen.

Yes I was expecting alot better from him but he hasnt been no where near good enough. 

Thats why Costello is in. Evans is playing defensive midfield role to allow Travis to get forward and be box to box. 

For Me, Walton isnt the problem or a joke. I think he has been positive so far. Yes we all wanted an experience keeper but we didnt get who we wanted. 

Pretty good "excuse" to not start any games to perform, rather than be given 20 minutes at the end even though he was outstanding last season.

Walton is a bag of shite. Nowhere near good enough. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pretty good "excuse" to not start any games to perform, rather than be given 20 minutes at the end even though he was outstanding last season.

Walton is a bag of shite. Nowhere near good enough. 

I would like to see Rothwell in centre mid in 4-3-3 formation but we never due to having Dack in the 10 role. 

Rothwell hasnt look at races all season. A great shame tbh. 

Walton has been good overall..yes made mistakes but better than Raya for me. But I want an experience keeper. Gave you loads of names during summer roversfan99. 

8 hours ago, frosty said:

Find it odd that Rothwell can be left out of any potential line ups because he was quiet in his TWO starts (two months apart) this season, yet Evans is included in said line up after six years of mainly non performances.

Rothwell hasnt performed all season. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to see Rothwell in centre mid in 4-3-3 formation but we never due to having Dack in the 10 role. 

Walton has been good overall..yes made mistakes but better than Raya for me. But I want an experience keeper. Gave you loads of names during summer roversfan99. 

Stop making your abrupt & ignorant statements and just think about the facts and situations a second. Why do you think Rothwell hasn't been performing? Are you saying Armstrong is performing a deservingly starting ahead of Rothwell? Have you actually watch Armstong closely? Bare his goals contributed, which you expect for the amount of starts, he's done naff all. Rothwell last season (starting few games in a row) contributed more than Arma all last season.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Personally think rothwell has looked good in some of cameo appearances and is worthy of a run of games. His problem is when he makes a good cameo off the bench it is rarely followed with a start so he can’t build any momentum and then his next cameo he may not touch the ball much and then the manager has a stick to beat him with.

the last two games for example he got about 60 mins total, in both games his main contribution was a great run from deep in his own half in which the defender cynically fouled him when he’d got away from them. 

His form back end of last season and some of his cameos warrants a run of starts especially when we have a side that DOESN’T CREATE ANY CHANCES!!!

I see a lot of similarities between the way Rothwell is being treated as Josh King. King had flashes of brilliance and some poor games but never got the chance to start regularly. Despite that the fans could see King had it in him to be a good player. 

If Rothwell left us to another championship team and played every week I think he’d show his class.

• Like 8

Just now, OJRovers said:

I see a lot of similarities between the way Rothwell is being treated as Josh King. King had flashes of brilliance and some poor games but never got the chance to start regularly. Despite that the fans could see King had it in him to be a good player. 

If Rothwell left us to another championship team and played every week I think he’d show his class.

Take Palmer @ city for example. Palmer is one of their best players this season. Of course Dack was in his way, but Mowbray didn't even half give him a chance. When Palmer did play, he showed glimpses for us (Just like Rothwell). If Rothwell was to play under, Lee Johnson, Alex Neil then he would be a hell of a player.

Rothwell will not shine for us unfortunately because we have the wrong manager in place. He will be going at the end of the season if he carries on sitting on the bench.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

Things that need to happen on Saturday.

• Re-install Graham alongside Dark. Who cares if it's the only ploy we have that works, we are wasting months trying to find an alternative that is not as good. Every team picked by members on here since Tuesday has Graham up front. Surely Tony can see this is what is best at this moment for the team to gain results.

• Allow players to get forward more. Armstrong's starting position is always deeper. You rarely see Travis getting up to Dack. It's like the solution to our defensive problems are to get everyone to drop 15 yards deeper and hope we can cover our deficiencies with more bodies. It stifles us going forward.

• Play a left back at left back. Bell, Hart or Downing may well not be good enough but at least they know the job and are in a familiar position. Bennett is becoming a scapegoat because he is versatile. He was at fault for the penalty on Saturday. He was at fault for the goal on Tuesday. It's costing us. 

In fact, based on the last point and with Johnson proving ineffective,  I think I would play Travis and Bennett in midfield. Bennett is more mobile, is no worse on the ball than Johnson generally has been, and i think is better than Evans. I imagine Mowbray would get stick for 'finding a position for him', but if I had the call that would be my move. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

• Backroom
1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Take Palmer @ city for example. Palmer is one of their best players this season. Of course Dack was in his way, but Mowbray didn't even half give him a chance. When Palmer did play, he showed glimpses for us (Just like Rothwell). If Rothwell was to play under, Lee Johnson, Alex Neil then he would be a hell of a player.

Rothwell will not shine for us unfortunately because we have the wrong manager in place. He will be going at the end of the season if he carries on sitting on the bench.

Correct. Our club is a graveyard for players with any remote sense of individuality or creative flair. Dack is the only exception to this and it feels like that's in spite of the system rather than because of it.

hasta has a more than valid point.

Bell has to start at left back for me, as bad as he has been it is his position.

Bennett may well be more suited to the game on Saturday in the middle alongside Travis, it makes sense to leave Johnson on the bench although both have been guilty of giving too much ball away in the middle of the park recently and if it happens on Saturday nobbers will crucify us.

Totally agree with DG back up front, 4-4-1-1 should be the way, PNE are quick breaking and play counter attacking football BUT if they take out Gally and starve him of possession then nobbers go into their shell. Similarly with the lad Johnson, nullify him and PNE have nothing left in the centre.

Rovers have to be careful of their own penalty area, nobbers dive for fun and seem to get the run of the green penalty wise.

will be listening from afar and hoping its not a repeat of last seasons debacle

• Like 3

The way Preston play is the way we should play it really and i'd also add on the Rothwell debate if King was here now he'd not get a look in either.

Cautious style that includes the favs and as many rotations as possible to keep everyone happy is the Ewood way.

Edited by tomphil

-----‐‐------------Walton

Nyambe--Tosin--Williams--Bell?

---------------Travis---Holtby

Rothwell-------Dack--------Armstrong

-------------------Graham

Forget the possession stats and hit the ball long to Graham for him to hold up the ball and bring the 3 attackers in.

Try to keep it tight at the back (I know) and hit them on the counter with the pace out wide and in the full back areas.

Can't see this happening in the slightest.

Edit: could stick Holtby in CM as opposed to Johnson, if fit.

Edited by davulsukur

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Stop making your abrupt & ignorant statements and just think about the facts and situations a second. Why do you think Rothwell hasn't been performing? Are you saying Armstrong is performing a deservingly starting ahead of Rothwell? Have you actually watch Armstong closely? Bare his goals contributed, which you expect for the amount of starts, he's done naff all. Rothwell last season (starting few games in a row) contributed more than Arma all last season.

Downing has perform on the left more than Rothwell so far..

Armstrong move up front not wide

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

His form back end of last season and some of his cameos warrants a run of starts especially when we have a side that DOESN’T CREATE ANY CHANCES!!!

Thats a fair point tbh. 

26 minutes ago, Hasta said:

• Allow players to get forward more. Armstrong's starting position is always deeper. You rarely see Travis getting up to Dack. 

In fact, based on the last point and with Johnson proving ineffective,  I think I would play Travis and Bennett in midfield. Bennett is more mobile, is no worse on the ball than Johnson generally has been, and i think is better than Evans. I imagine Mowbray would get stick for 'finding a position for him', but if I had the call that would be my move. 

Totally agree on both points. 

I'm honestly dreading this one. I have zero faith in this manager or his team being able to come back with a result. Preston's home form is very good and they will be well up for this one, like they have been every time we've played them recently. 

My expectations are so low that I would be quite pleased just to see us turn up somewhere, keep it simple, focus on getting a clean sheet and come away with a 0-0 but I don't think we are capable. Conceding is guaranteed.

Go behind and at best we might get a draw. Take the lead and we aren't capable of holding on. 

So depressing.

Preston are fast starters as we saw to our dismay last season. At the very least I want to see us keep it tight in the first 45 minutes.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton has been good? Must be watching different games, hes absolutely crap.

Rothwell hasnt looked at the races mainly because hes been sat on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Walton has been good? Must be watching different games, hes absolutely crap.

Rothwell hasnt looked at the races mainly because hes been sat on the bench.

He stopped 3 certain goals at Birmingham and his handling of crosses was superb.  His kicking game and painfully slow distribution let’s him down - a decent coach can rectify this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pull your finger out Roversfan99!

• Like 1

Just now, Bad Boy said:

He stopped 3 certain goals at Birmingham and his handling of crosses was superb.  His kicking game and painfully slow distribution let’s him down - a decent coach can rectify this.

Slow distribution under instruction maybe ?  It'd fit in with everything else at the min.

As for kicking iv'e yet to see a young keeper here who's been any good at that. It used to be a minimum requirement a basic fundamental along with catching and handling.  This era it's all about quick reflexes, staying on your line and parrying shots with one hand hopefully straight to one of your own. 

Basics in keepers and centre halves are badly lacking in the drive to make it like a non contact sport.