BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adidas Spezial Exhibition

Going to go down 1 day next week.

On until the 20th. Free admission.

http://www.visitblackburn.co.uk/whats-on/british-textile-biennial-adidas-spezial-exhibition-p960920

Also just looking forward to being inside one of Blackburn's historic buildings which I often frequented. 80's nostalgia. trainers, terraces, unit 4. 

https://www.spezialblackburn.com

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

I was always a " Puma " fan  myself. I remember saving up my paper round money to buy my first really good pair of boots. Just like ones Keith Newton was wearing at the time. I'd travelled into Manchester to a sports shop that was on John Dalton street and owned by an old ex Man City player. When I found the boots of my dreams they were £5-0-0  and I only had £4-10-0 !

The owner must have seen how disapointed I was and he said " I'll tell you what son, take the boots and bring me the missing ten bob next week ". Can you see that happening now ?

Regarding trainers I got a really early pair of Adidas in the mid 1960's. Nobody else had any. They were pale blue and i think the name was " ROM ". Anyway we'd be playing one night and we went for a drink after the game. I was still wearing the trainers and when I walked into the pub everybody turned around and stared at me like I had two heads ! Nobody wore trainers casually then, especially in a pub. How things have changed !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

These Blackburn trainers are just a rehash of an Irish Spezial they did a few years back, unless i’m missing something?

Green and orange - almost guarantees getting your head kicked in up here in Glasgow ? 

Edited by oldjamfan1

I think they are a (slightly) different colour. Apparently based on the red and green of the Lancashire rose.

Used to be quite seriously into my Adidas collecting but sold off about 40 pairs of trainers and 30 jackets a few years ago. Wish I’d kept them... or used the money more wisely!

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

I think they are a (slightly) different colour. Apparently based on the red and green of the Lancashire rose.

Used to be quite seriously into my Adidas collecting but sold off about 40 pairs of trainers and 30 jackets a few years ago. Wish I’d kept them... or used the money more wisely!

Selling trainers to fund an election campaign fought on the platform of Venkys Out.

Cant think of anything better ! :rover:

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was always a " Puma " fan  myself. I remember saving up my paper round money to buy my first really good pair of boots. Just like ones Keith Newton was wearing at the time. I'd travelled into Manchester to a sports shop that was on John Dalton street and owned by an old ex Man City player. When I found the boots of my dreams they were £5-0-0  and I only had £4-10-0 !

The owner must have seen how disapointed I was and he said " I'll tell you what son, take the boots and bring me the missing ten bob next week ". Can you see that happening now ?

Regarding trainers I got a really early pair of Adidas in the mid 1960's. Nobody else had any. They were pale blue and i think the name was " ROM ". Anyway we'd be playing one night and we went for a drink after the game. I was still wearing the trainers and when I walked into the pub everybody turned around and stared at me like I had two heads ! Nobody wore trainers casually then, especially in a pub. How things have changed !

Funnily enough, Puma and Adidas were started by two brothers falling out! 

Adi Dassler did Adidas and his brother did Puma. At one point, it was a way of how gangs in Germany identified, by the trainers they wore!

23 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

These Blackburn trainers are just a rehash of an Irish Spezial they did a few years back, unless i’m missing something?

Green and orange - almost guarantees getting your head kicked in up here in Glasgow ? 

But surely green and orange represent both sides of the sectarian divide up there?

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

But surely green and orange represent both sides of the sectarian divide up there?

Exactly Mark - thus guaranteeing that one half of the Neanderthals will take offence heh heh

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Managed to get a pair of the Adidas Blackburn last night, after a hell of a lot of changing between different sites. 

Happy days.

I failed miserably. Last night and this morning.

More available on eBay than anywhere by the looks of things.

Went to the Dynamo show yesterday. Didn’t last long but was really enjoyable. Ian Brown making a special guest appearance was a wonderful surprise. Primal Scream on Saturday, which I’m sure will be great too.

There is a real buzz around the town at the minute. Visitors are coming from far and wide, and some top quality performers are appearing. I’m sure a lot is being raised for a very worthwhile cause in Nightsafe. Civic pride is alive and well amongst many of the towns residents, including some very talented and creative people. It’s not just the adidas stuff either, the whole British Textile Biennial program has been great.

You’d hope the council would capitalise on this, but they won’t. Also, I’m at a loss to explain why Rovers didn’t do something along the lines of a shirts through the ages exhibit... again, failure to engage in community events.

• Like 5