BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread (15th edition)

I think anybody who believes we won't be in a relegation scrap is either deluded or has fallen under Mowbrays spell. I predicted a battle against relegation before a ball was kicked and I have seen nothing (apart from spells in some games) to change that.

Mowbray just can't get any more out of this bunch despite lots of personnel changes, different formations and tactics.

• Like 5

I really do fear for us if Barnsley do a Luton/Charlton on us. Looking at our fixtures after that:

- Brentford home: they’re on absolute fire away from home at the moment. Loss

- Stoke away: O’Neill will outsmart Tony, no problem. Loss.

- Derby home: you feel we need to win it but can see a draw.

- Swansea away: easy home win

- Bristol City away: easy home win

Takes us to Wigan at home just before Christmas. Gulp.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I really do fear for us if Barnsley do a Luton/Charlton on us. Looking at our fixtures after that:

Let's hope a new Rovers manager will come in and change negatives to positives.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You have us getting 1 point from those games. I can see us getting 7.

On 10/11/2019 at 15:32, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think you are correct that we will get drubbed in most of those games. Right now with how the team is playing you don't fancy us against many teams. 

I also think we aren't as bad as TM makes us and are capable of pulling off the odd win when we shouldn't and expect one of these to be sandwiched somewhere in this run of fixtures. This along with perhaps a draw in there too will be more than enough to keep TM as safe as houses and no questions to be asked. 

All that said whether I prove to be correct or you do, 1 point or 4 points is utterly appalling return from these games and shows we are in trouble. 

A win at Barnsley is a must to help us keep some.distance from the bottom 3. 

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Husky said:

Bearing in mind how bad the bottom 3 are I think we're all but safe already with 40 points. ?

Stoke's upturn makes it so hard for the three at the bottom. 5 point gap between Barnsley and safety if they see out a win today, and you think that after their dodgy start that Hudds will continue to pick up enough points to get them over the line.

Doing us a favour beating Swansea too!

On 10/11/2019 at 15:32, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nostradamus has nothing to fear!!  These prophesies of doom don’t look great in retrospect, but hats off for putting it out there.......

• Like 1

On 25/01/2020 at 18:42, Glosrover said:

Nostradamus has nothing to fear!!  These prophesies of doom don’t look great in retrospect, but hats off for putting it out there.......

Whereas the run with Wigan Brum and someone else low down over Christmas yielded very few points. 

Getting the unexpected points is BD the battle and from.a promotion pov totally undone by not being able to best the weaker teams. Bare in  mind our winless runs are quite common and you can see how any fan gets uneasy. 

This year though we are safe as houses with a shambles.of 3 clubs in the bottom.3. 

On 25/01/2020 at 18:42, Glosrover said:

You win some you lose some. If only I'd predicted the following 6 matches instead eh?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

On 25/01/2020 at 17:49, Admiral Nelsen said:

Stoke's upturn makes it so hard for the three at the bottom. 5 point gap between Barnsley and safety if they see out a win today, and you think that after their dodgy start that Hudds will continue to pick up enough points to get them over the line.

Have Barnsley had loads of first team injuries since they played us?

As it's really a bizarre one. According to Tony T they played like Real Madrid against us, but don't seem to have done that against any other team. ? Weird!

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Husky said:

Have Barnsley had loads of first team injuries since they played us?

As it's really a bizarre one. According to Tony T they played like Real Madrid against us, but don't seem to have done that against any other team. ? Weird!

Tbf they had some really good results after we beat them. They got a 3-1 win against Hull a couple of weeks later, beat QPR 5-3 and got a 2-1 away win at Millwall. Also respectable draws against WBA and Swansea. Their form has declined again recently but they had a pretty good little run going towards the end of November to the end of December.

They can go for me, but as someone that likes a local away day it’s looking barren next season.

No Wigan, Bolton, Burnley (:(), just PNE (unless they somehow scab a promotion).

Wigan will be back to the old Lancashire hotbed of the third division.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They can go for me, but as someone that likes a local away day it’s looking barren next season.

No Wigan, Bolton, Burnley (:(), just PNE (unless they somehow scab a promotion).

Wigan will be back to the old Lancashire hotbed of the third division.

Or we do.

We might play Burnley (unless they get relegated) 

Edited by Colt Seavers

On 10/11/2019 at 12:46, arbitro said:

I think anybody who believes we won't be in a relegation scrap is either deluded or has fallen under Mowbrays spell.

;) Just spotted this gem...

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There is time yet ??.

I will be happy to eat humble pie but I won't oscillate like so many on the back of a couple of wins.

True. We'll finish 12th, said that months ago. We're the epitome of mid table. One week we're the best thing since sliced bread, the next we look League One again.

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

True. We'll finish 12th, said that months ago. We're the epitome of mid table. One week we're the best thing since sliced bread, the next we look League One again.

I’ll get the bunting up. 

• Like 1