Sign in to follow this  
JoeH

Damien Johnson

49 minutes ago, philipl said:

Always had an issue of Johnson taking Grabbi's goal v West Ham slamming in a ball that was clearly going in when Grabbi was desperate for the confidence boosting goal.

Minority view here but Grabbi's issues were more mental than anything else and he could have become the player we spent all that money for him.

Funny he crops up whilst we are talking about fitness etc from academies as that was the very thing missing from Grabbi a bit like Dack he always looked like he should have been fitter and worked harder.

He did though show flashes of skill and good touches you could see there was talent there but it was a hell of a leap from the Italian second tier to the cut and thrust of the Prem.   Some of TMs famous easing them in and hitting certain fitness targets before being ready to be selected wouldn't have done him any harm.

In reality though i think English football at that period was always going to be too much for him.

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Haha glad I'm not the only one. I was re-watching that game the other month and felt sorry for Grabbi. 

Having watched that goal again, Damo points to himself afterwards like "Yeah that was me!"

You tapped in a header on the goal-line that was already going in, dude. 😂

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I mean we are never going to get a no nonsense type while the lions are here. So I’d be as happy with Johnson as anyone.

Fair enough!

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Always had an issue of Johnson taking Grabbi's goal v West Ham slamming in a ball that was clearly going in when Grabbi was desperate for the confidence boosting goal.

Minority view here but Grabbi's issues were more mental than anything else and he could have become the player we spent all that money for him.

He had some kind of disease or condition affecting his foot or something, which only came out years later, if I'm remembering right.

41 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm not seeing any post hidden and we don't delete posts. Are you sure it went through?

Thanks for responding DE.

I'll respond off the Board to you if it happens again.

As for Johnson, what he did as a footballer doesn't really matter does it? He had a successful career after he left us and he's made a terrific contribution to the Youth set-up now he's returned.

Faced with what the Raos are likely to come up, I suspect he's the best we'll get.

Looks like he's being groomed for it doesn't it?

what title have they actually given him now he's running around with ipads and helping matchday warm ups ?

Edited by tomphil

On 10/10/2019 at 12:33, tomphil said:

what title have they actually given him now he's running around with ipads and helping matchday warm ups ?

iPad Assistant Manager???