BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

Take off Houghton - the only real choice on there that makes sense and i'd take long punts on Johnty or Ainsworth just for the Blackburn lad angle which might appeal to fans at first.

Best thing to do really though is make up a list of as many 25/35-1 shot busted flushes as you can find then narrow it down to anyone who's pathway might follow a similar one to most appointed under Venkys and you'll have your real shortlist.

How about we plump for an actual in work manager whose doing a decent job somewhere but might fancy the better facilities / platform and contract on offer here. Source him properly then poach at the seasons end, that'd be a first.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Haha I was restraining myself from being the first to mention Judan.

I'm going for Zinedine Zidane to finally make it to Ewood...and be rubbish and get fired with £25million in compo.

Only for cheston to go on holiday , come back, and sherwood is in the hot seat ?

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he does live there. 

Im just surprise if he went back. 

Who would you like to see take over and why? 

I’d like Hughton, Chris but know you don’t. For me he ticks the ‘genuine guy’ box - like Mowbray (we need that at our club with so many shysters taking us for a ride over the years ) but has had success at this level much more recently than Tony has. Would be happy to take a punt on Johnson too as I think he’d bring some more of our talent through, is a modern day football man and deserves a chance. None of the others on the list get my pulse going. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, tomphil said:

Perhaps installing a decent DOF now above Mowbray might help get things moving a bit nothing wrong with a bit of pressure from above when you've had the place to yourself for a long time.

Sounds to all intents and purposes Venus is already doing that job - negotiating contracts etc.

Mowbray doesn't need a D.O.F. - IMO, we just need him out of our club, full stop!

Wouldn't touch Coleman with a shitty stick.  I couldn't trust the guy.

Out of those listed would go for Hughton.  Would be a sound appointment.  Knows the game and gets results.

Think Huddersfield have made a great appointment in Danny Cowley.  Friend of mine who's a Terrier has been extremely impressed with his impact in such a short space of time.  Getting things done and not talking about years down the line ala Mowbray.

IMO, we need a Cowley type.  Dynamic, hungry and shown they can be successful in a challenging working environment.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Think Huddersfield have made a great appointment in Danny Cowley.  Friend of mine who's a Terrier has been extremely impressed with his impact in such a short space of time.  Getting things done and not talking about years down the line ala Mowbray.

IMO, we need a Cowley type.  Dynamic, hungry and shown they can be successful in a challenging working environment.

Huddersfield to obviously turn us over at Ewood next weekend then Merce, yeah?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Hence I went for Damian Johnson. I'd love to see what he would do as manager and given full rein.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray doesn't need a D.O.F. - IMO, we just need him out of our club, full stop!

Wouldn't touch Coleman with a shitty stick.  I couldn't trust the guy.

Out of those listed would go for Hughton.  Would be a sound appointment.  Knows the game and gets results.

Would you not agree Hughton seems to better with Calderwood as number 2 than without? 

My Huddersfield fan mate is very happy with Cowley impact so far aswell..

You know your football Mercer so who would this Cowley type? Someone like Michael Flynn at Newport or Ainsworth at Wycombe? 

What is on your view on Damien Johnson and whether you think you could be this Cowley type? 

Thanks for response in advance

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It was a very close call between Hughton and Coleman for me - and I went for Coleman simply because I don't think Hughton would come here in a million years. 

Not that I'm convinced Coleman or any of them would!!

Coleman? Why? Shown himself too be a poor manager at club level. Not had any sort of success since his Fulham days! He did well with that Wales team but Bale was in the form of his life and without him there’s not a chance they’d have qualified for that Euros for me. Off that list it would be Nigel Pearson for me, the press conferences alone would be gold, but out of all the names it would be him or Hughton for me. Not that any of them would consider coming too us these days. 

Just now, Butty said:

Coleman? Why? Shown himself too be a poor manager at club level. Not had any sort of success since his Fulham days! He did well with that Wales team but Bale was in the form of his life and without him there’s not a chance they’d have qualified for that Euros for me. Off that list it would be Nigel Pearson for me, the press conferences alone would be gold, but out of all the names it would be him or Hughton for me. Not that any of them would consider coming too us these days. 

I thought Coleman came across well in the Sunderland doc, no more to it than that really