BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

Job description

1) Say nice things about the owners on a regular basis

2) Be prepared to pop over to India once a year to say nice things to the owners

3) Attend fan consultation meetings and narrate heart warming stories about your youth ( to distract from the fact the owners don't turn up )

4) Sign expensive young players with potential sell on value ( from a list supplied by owners )

5) Phone India before making any decisions whatsoever ( leave voice mail message - prepare to be ignored )

6) Talk regularly about how much money the owners have spent on their extensive European scouting network.

7) Always give the impression you are working for a normal well run club

8 ) Be prepared to work for half the money Neil Warnock asked for.

9) Supply a list of friends who may be suitable replacements for outgoing CEO

10) Stick a broom up your arse and clean the floor at the same time

Football knowledge and experience not necessary but may be an advantage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I thought Coleman came across well in the Sunderland doc, no more to it than that really

I’ll give you that, compared to Grayson the difference was massive. Grayson came across horrendously, utterly uninspiring. Coleman seems a decent bloke but still, if you’re talking about him as a manager at club level, for me it’s a massive no. McGeady was questioning his tactics/managerial ability at one point in the Doc if I remember rightly. Surely we could do better than Coleman.. All being said and done, I imagine TM will still be in charge come the end of the season at least anyway. 

14 hours ago, Butty said:

Coleman? Why? Shown himself too be a poor manager at club level. Not had any sort of success since his Fulham days! He did well with that Wales team but Bale was in the form of his life and without him there’s not a chance they’d have qualified for that Euros for me. Off that list it would be Nigel Pearson for me, the press conferences alone would be gold, but out of all the names it would be him or Hughton for me. Not that any of them would consider coming too us these days. 

Coleman also had Aaron Ramsey in outstanding form at that time.

No point anybody speculating. It'll be a completely left field appointment. most of their managers have been out of the blue. Who had Kean, Berg, Appleton, Coyle, Mowbray in their lists of 20 most likely candidates ? Only Lambert's appointment made any real sense in my opinion.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Damien Duff who is Celtic 1st team coach currently. 

I agree with this post

Out of interest chaddy, Ainsworths Wycombe dont have a reputation for attractive football by any means. Why doesnt this bother you, but all you can talk about regarding Hughton is a supposed boring style?

Chris Hughtons last season as a Championship manager saw his side score 74 goals anyway, and youve repeatedly defending the "style" of football Mowbrays Rovers have played, which almost every single other person finds to be boring, so suppose it is all subjective!

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Duffer was also a Celtic fan as a youngster.

He was/is. I don't think everyone realises just what a huge club that is - Duffer has his dream job there at the minute working with John Kennedy. I think they'll do well together at Celtic and could be the next Clough/Taylor if and when Lennon presses the self destruct button.

Duff remains the best left winger I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt.

• Like 3

Between Pearson and Hughton for me.

I picked Pearson as I feel the team needs a bollocking.

I'd pick most on that list other than Mowbray.

If we're going for a Venky out of leftfield special, Gareth Ainsworth.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He was/is. I don't think everyone realises just what a huge club that is - Duffer has his dream job there at the minute working with John Kennedy. I think they'll do well together at Celtic and could be the next Clough/Taylor if and when Lennon presses the self destruct button.

Duff remains the best left winger I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt.

Yep, I've seen a few but Duffer was No 1. Mike Harrison No 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Why would Damian Duff leave Celtic to come here? Never gonna happen mate.

Never said it would did I? I dont know if Johnson and Duff are even friends? 

My choice would be Johnson. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest chaddy, Ainsworths Wycombe dont have a reputation for attractive football by any means. Why doesnt this bother you, but all you can talk about regarding Hughton is a supposed boring style?

Chris Hughtons last season as a Championship manager saw his side score 74 goals anyway, and youve repeatedly defending the "style" of football Mowbrays Rovers have played, which almost every single other person finds to be boring, so suppose it is all subjective!

Ive explained my thoughts and feelings on Hughton Roversdan99 throughly. Clearly you didnt read them or just ignored them. 

Have you spoken to every Rovers fan then to come out with a statement like this "defending the "style" of football Mowbrays Rovers have played, which almost every single other person finds to be boring, so suppose it is all subjective!"

On Ainsworth, have you seen his budget at Wycombe compare to the budget Hughton had Brighton or he would have here. Maybe he plays that way for lack of decent budget but still over achieve. 

Anything you would like to about my choice of Johnson as 1st choice? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My choice would be Johnson. 

Ive explained my thoughts and feelings on Hughton Roversdan99 throughly. Clearly you didnt read them or just ignored them. 

Have you spoken to every Rovers fan then to come out with a statement like this "defending the "style" of football Mowbrays Rovers have played, which almost every single other person finds to be boring, so suppose it is all subjective!"

On Ainsworth, have you seen his budget at Wycombe compare to the budget Hughton had Brighton or he would have here. Maybe he plays that way for lack of decent budget but still over achieve. 

Anything you would like to about my choice of Johnson as 1st choice? 

I know, look at my comments in the style of play thread about Burnley. I totally endorse teams playing a style to suit their players, their resources, not playing what is fashionable or deemed attractive. But its hypocritical to approve Ainsworth doing it and criticising Hughton. Whose Brighton team got promoted banging in plenty of goals anyway.

Disagree on Johnson, such a gamble. Especially this notion of custom assembling backroom staff around him with further former players or other people. A manager should pick his own assistant where possible.

• Like 1

I like Johnno a lot but as far as I can see there has been no discernable improvement in our style so far this season. In fact from a goal scoring point of view you could say we've gone backwards. Maybe he's not been able to have any say in the real nitty gritty of the first team and he's just been sidelined into a stats man/ warm up guy.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I know, look at my comments in the style of play thread about Burnley. I totally endorse teams playing a style to suit their players, their resources, not playing what is fashionable or deemed attractive. But its hypocritical to approve Ainsworth doing it and criticising Hughton. Whose Brighton team got promoted banging in plenty of goals anyway.

Disagree on Johnson, such a gamble. Especially this notion of custom assembling backroom staff around him with further former players or other people. A manager should pick his own assistant where possible.

Of Course any manager should pick their backroom staff. At no point have I said otherwise Roversfan99. 

A direct style doesnt suit anymore with players like Rothwell, Dack, Holtby, Armstrong, Gallagher. I would like to see Armstrong up front more now. Use his pace central..

Like I said again, Hughton playing style gets worse without Colin Calderwood. Yes Hughton team did score goals at Brighton in the championship but would he did it here? We have ZERO idea. But he change it to defensive style and spent a loads of money on poor signings. Like I said everytime Hughton is well out of reach down to 2 simple reasons. 1, he turned 2 championship manager jobs and 2, his salary would be out of reach. We dont pay big wages as we have discuss(with other people) off this forum which you ignore again. 

Also Ainsworth has never had Hughton budget at a club and his stock is going up and up. He shouldnt take the Sunderland job at all

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Of Course any manager should pick their backroom staff. At no point have I said otherwise Roversfan99. 

Like I said again, Hughton playing style gets worse without Colin Calderwood. Yes Hughton team did score goals at Brighton in the championship but would he did it here? We have ZERO idea. But he change it to defensive style and spent a loads of money on poor signings. Like I said everytime Hughton is well out of reach down to 2 simple reasons. 1, he turned 2 championship manager jobs and 2, his salary would be out of reach. We dont pay big wages as we have discuss(with other people) off this forum which you ignore again. 

Bit prickly today chaddy!?

If you mention Duff as someone you would like to see coming to Rovers people are going to question why he would consider that when he currently works in a senior coaching capacity at the club he has supported his whole life. Nobody is attacking you, just pointing out a pitfall or potential stumbling block in the name you have put forward (granted you weren't the only one to name Duffer).

You don't half take things personally.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

If you mention Duff as someone you would like to see coming to Rovers people are going to question why he would consider that when he currently works in a senior coaching capacity at the club he has supported his whole life. Nobody is attacking you, just pointing out a pitfall or potential stumbling block in the name you have put forward (granted you weren't the only one to name Duffer).

No in a very good mood thanks. Off to Wales. 

I didnt put the name forward. Sparks Rover did over 14 hours ago. I felt it was good suggestion myself..also like Steven Reid suggestion aswell. Also Sparks Rover suggestion. So I agree with him

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’d rather be working in the 4th best league in the world rather than that pub league . Duffer would bash the door down to get a sniff at the premier league.  

• Like 1

I would have preferred, “other”, on list of options. However, Ainsworth would be an intriguing choice. He could be a bust, but he could be just what the doctor ordered- a fan got the Rovers the PL trophy, maybe a fan could manage them well?

Edited by WacoRover

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I’d rather be working in the 4th best league in the world rather than that pub league . Duffer would bash the door down to get a sniff at the premier league.  

A sniff at the premier league? Aye okay mate. If Duff left Celtic of his own accord to come to Ewood under Venky ownership I would bare my arse on the town hall steps

• Like 1