BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

There is no debate as to whether we would use the money the same way whatsoever! What possible posutive debatable merits are there on spending £12 mill on two none scoring strikers, one of whom isn't even championship standard? Everyone would have brought defenders or strikers with a proven record of scoring in this division. I'll grant you I can kind of see where the Gally signing comes from, albeit  it is working out badly, but Bereton? On what level was £7 million on a totally unproven striker at this level a good idea? Not debatable at all imo as that suggests there are some arguable merits to buying Bereton. 

We all knew this summer what we need including an experience keeper, 2 centre backs, 1 right back and 1 left back. 

I said we move for Sam Byram early summer. A quality right back. Hector for the centre back slot. Others suggestion why we didn't move for Jansson either. 

on Brereton signing, Didn't Mowbray want Gallagher or Waghorn before we even looked Brereton? 

Why didn't Mowbray sign John McGinn when we had the chance? instead he decide to stick with Smallwood and Evans. Massive mistake

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Really? Dropping for a medicore right midfielder who has generally been poor this season? Do you really think that is a good decision.

I don't agree on Bennett. I

17 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I don't like ageism either and Mowbray is still a kid at 55 years of age.

Decent age for an experienced manager i'd have thought, should have learned enough by now but still should have some fire in the belly.

How long does it take to recognise successful teams always stem from the back ?

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Roy keane would certainly end the holiday camp mentality. I dont think he is the answer but It would be interesting to hear what came out of Ewood after he left. Might be worth a gamble on that basis alone

No, no, no! A known, narcissistic bully with a very fragile ego. He would do so much damage to our club.

• Like 1

I think we have afforded him plenty of time, yet he makes the same errors game after game. Someone else can and will do better and his 'transfer policy' of blowing the budget on crap strikers who he plays out of position, is going to bite us hard on the arse now We aren't scoring but leaking goals for fun. We need someone who can coach us how to be resolute and build from the back. Mowbray won't ever be able to do this.

• Like 5

Logged on to the LET website today to see a big photo of Mowbray above the main article. My heart had a little flutter for a moment, thinking this may be the headline saying hes been sacked....turned out it was just more of his senile dribble. sigh. 

You'll notice then when someone starts getting a panning on here they suddenly get featured on the club twitter or the LT portraying them as the nice trying hard guys they are supposed to be.

No surprise the manager saying his bit but i expect in the next few weeks another damage limitation PR exercise to start via the usual channels.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tomphil said:

Decent age for an experienced manager i'd have thought, should have learned enough by now but still should have some fire in the belly.

How long does it take to recognise successful teams always stem from the back ?

I can't understand him continually making the same mistakes at Clubs especially as he was a good CB himself

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I can't understand him continually making the same mistakes at Clubs especially as he was a good CB himself

I think it is because he is a very basic manager but tries to be something he isn't so he does try and sign some good footballers but hasn't the first clue what to do with them. The result is shoehorning and square pegs in round holes when if he operated to what he really knows we'd have a Mick McCarthy at Ipswich scenario i think but he doesn't want to be seen that way and the players he recruits can't play that way, pragmatic.

He's shying away from his true self he's probably better suited to struggling clubs with not many playing options so he has to keep it basic.  Too many options here and license to bring players in means he's caught between a rock and a hard place in how to go about it all the time.

Just now, tomphil said:

I think it is because he is a very basic manager but tries to be something he isn't so he does try and sign some good footballers but hasn't the first clue what to do with them. The result is shoehorning and square pegs in round holes when if he operated to what he really knows we'd have a Mick McCarthy at Ipswich scenario i think but he doesn't want to be seen that way and the players he recruits can't play that way, pragmatic.

He's shying away from his true self he's probably better suited to struggling clubs with not many playing options so he has to keep it basic.  Too many options here and license to bring players in means he's caught between a rock and a hard place in how to go about it all the time.

or hes just a clueless manager