BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Still didn’t get the impression at the game today that he’s lost the majority of match going fans, and that’s a passionate away support that you’d expect to turn first, not the largely docile Ewood crowd.

When one guy near me came out with a few brfcs-esque comments along the lines of time for a change , he was rounded upon by a dozen or so, ‘get behind ‘em’, ‘he got us out of League 1’ ‘who we gonna get?’ Etc.

Something very sinister about these people. They get very angry and very personal when someone challenges a manager. As though they are related or something.

I can’t work out their agenda. If Mowbray walked away tonight, or if he was sacked, they’d be the first to say that his time was up.

It can only be that they always want to be right. So if they don’t stick their neck out they can have been “right” when we win, and jump down the throats of the “haters” who are “full of shit”. Then when they do get it wrong they talk about how it’s “easy in hindsight”.

Even if we had won today it would still have been time for a change. More so even. The first half today showed that there is something to work with in this squad. But the tactical nouse just isn’t there. Our odd and erratic subs week-in-week-out demonstrate this.

• Like 6

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to attract a decent replacement. Venkys have been loyal to Mowbray and have backed him with funds. Managers wont care about their previous misdemeanors if they are promised time and funds. I doubt their ability to sack Mowbray and choose the best candidate, but there should be some decent applicants. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gamst said:

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to attract a decent replacement. Venkys have been loyal to Mowbray and have backed him with funds. Managers wont care about their previous misdemeanors if they are promised time and funds. I doubt their ability to sack Mowbray and choose the best candidate, but there should be some decent applicants. 

Mowbray has one of the best jobs in football outside the Prem at the min.  From the moment promotion was sealed from lge 1 the job was his to lose for as long as he wants it.  

We know they won't 'select' a good replacement we have to rely on them getting lucky but as for all this 'Who will come ?'  utter nonsense and always has been. What it might take from a good candidate is a certain set of assurances backed up in writing, that's where we'd probably fall down.

‘Who could we get who is available?’. ‘There aren’t any better candidates’. ‘He needs more time’. ‘What do you expect with our squad?’, ‘no, we’re not at that stage yet’.

I am sick and tired of people chatting utter drivel, like no manager in the world could get this squad performing better.

A good chunk of our fans deserve what we’ll end up getting. They do my fecking head in. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

It's not just changing the manager , as fans we won't really be happy until we are in the PL for that to happen we need some significant investment in the squad and some difficult decisions have to be made 

Big difference between who we could get and who we will get. This club at this level with hands off owners who have provided decent funds could attract a good manager provided he was given the opportunity to do the job. 

People telling themselves that this club can do no better than Mowbray and the drivel we are getting at the moment are deluded.

Sadly who we will end up getting when Mowbray goes will probably be useless and fail. The people running the club aren't up to the task and will prioritise convenience and cost over ambition.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

Big difference between who we could get and who we will get. This club at this level with hands off owners who have provided decent funds could attract a good manager provided he was given the opportunity to do the job. 

People telling themselves that this club can do no better than Mowbray and the drivel we are getting at the moment are deluded.

Sadly who we will end up getting when Mowbray goes will probably be useless and fail. The people running the club aren't up to the task and will prioritise convenience and cost over ambition.

That is a good summary of the problem. 4 of the 7 managerial appointments by Venkys have been disastrous and the other 3 - Bowyer,Lambert and Mowbray - below what people on here are hoping for. It doesn't point well to what would actually happen if Mowbray were removed.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘Who could we get who is available?’. ‘There aren’t any better candidates’. ‘He needs more time’. ‘What do you expect with our squad?’, ‘no, we’re not at that stage yet’.

I am sick and tired of people chatting utter drivel, like no manager in the world could get this squad performing better.

A good chunk of our fans deserve what we’ll end up getting. They do my fecking head in. 

It wasn't that long ago, when we were probably a less attractive option, we basically had Neil Warnock all but in the seat. 

A manager with an incredible record at this level.

Obviously, Venkys decided to fuck that one up, big time but he was still willing to take over as manager.

We can do better than Mowbray.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJW said:

It's not just changing the manager , as fans we won't really be happy until we are in the PL for that to happen we need some significant investment in the squad and some difficult decisions have to be made 

When we got relegated from the  PL against Wigan , I said at the time , I will never see Rovers in the PL again...I  am now 56 and still standby that comment !

• Like 2

I never get the unattractive proposition idea. It falls in the same category has how much bigger all championships clubs are than us. That mediocrity is an accomplishment. Don’t change because it could get worse.

The loss of positive mental attitude is one of the things I do hold Mowbray responsible for. Survival not success. Stability not improvement. 

If for no other reason than every manager has a shelf life and at that point you either change the players( the Alex Ferguson method) or the standard method you change the manager. We reached-that point with Mowbray a while ago. Therefore do nothing and we will has a club go backwards it’s inevitable.

Are we an attractive proposition for an ambitious manager definitely.Money has been spent, we have a first class youth set up and better than average facilities. No job is perfect but I honestly do believe Rovers are a not bad option. Will we get lots of applicants certainly. Will they be better than Mowbray. Yes if for no other reason than he is at the end

• Like 3

Just now, Boroblue said:

I never get the unattractive proposition idea. It falls in the same category has how much bigger all championships clubs are than us. That mediocrity is an accomplishment. Don’t change because it could get worse.

The loss of positive mental attitude is one of the things I do hold Mowbray responsible for. Survival not success. Stability not improvement. 

If for no other reason than every manager has a shelf life and at that point you either change the players( the Alex Ferguson method) or the standard method you change the manager. We reached-that point with Mowbray a while ago. Therefore do nothing and we will has a club go backwards it’s inevitable.

Are we an attractive proposition for an ambitious manager definitely.Money has been spent, we have a first class youth set up and better than average facilities. No job is perfect but I honestly do believe Rovers are a not bad option. Will we get lots of applicants certainly. Will they be better than Mowbray. Yes if for no other reason than he is at the end

Yes but it is cheaper and easier to do nothing, hope it all works out ok and if it doesn't then pretend/convince ourselves we can't do any better

Just now, Boroblue said:

I would agree we are attractive proposition with the squad we got, Money spent each season and the young players coming through now.

We don't know who will apply for the job if available. We will get plenty of interest for sure. I'm not sure Pulis or Hughton will be interest but we can get a good appointment. 

Look at Steve Cooper who is in charge at Swansea who impressed so much during his interview he got the job there. He is doing brilliant there despite all the problems behind the scenes there. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would agree we are attractive proposition with the squad we got, Money spent each season and the young players coming through now.

We don't know who will apply for the job if available. We will get plenty of interest for sure. I'm not sure Pulis or Hughton will be interest but we can get a good appointment. 

Look at Steve Cooper who is in charge at Swansea who impressed so much during his interview he got the job there. He is doing brilliant there despite all the problems behind the scenes there. 

Steve was interviewed in London by Alan Curtis, Leon Brittan and Trevor Birch. He hadn't even got back to Euston Station when he got a call to go back to the hotel for a second interview.

Who would interview Mowbrays replacement? Waggott, Cheston and Pasha.

I wouldn't trust them three to make a jelly.

• Like 8

Just now, arbitro said:

Steve was interviewed in London by Alan Curtis, Leon Brittan and Trevor Birch. He hadn't even got back to Euston Station when he got a call to go back to the hotel for a second interview.

Who would interview Mowbrays replacement? Waggott, Cheston and Pasha.

I wouldn't trust them three to make a jelly.

Exactly. Cooper came accross very well. Britton is sporting direction there. 

I guess it would be those 3. This is why Im in favour of Sporting director/head coach structure. Bring in experience sporting director like Phil Giles, Mike Rigg, Steve Walsh then pick a head coach after that appointment

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

When we got relegated from the  PL against Wigan , I said at the time , I will never see Rovers in the PL again...I  am now 56 and still standby that comment !

At the time I was angry. I live on the south coast. I turned off the telly. Pissed off at the inevitable. However many years later. Those images of fans running on the pitch. Kean puffing out his chest. I'm not sure I realised at the time how those memories would stick and how much it actually hurt. But it really was a sad fu**ing day. We went onto life support the day venkys took us over. But that really was a hammer blow. That has become etched into my memory

Edited by ben_the_beast

I’ve backed him until yesterday, but that starting line-up yesterday was a disaster. I don’t understand the mentality to keep mixing the starting 11 up. How hard is it to really play your strongest team? 

Then you’ve got the bizarre, over-complicated formation, which often leaves the striker isolated. What’s wrong with 4-4-2?  

Finally, where on earth to start with the Bennett inclusion? That lad continues to make mistakes because he’s too slow to keep pace with the championship now.

Chris Hughton’s the only one out of those I’d have. The rest are either has beens (Hughes included) or inexperienced of success at this level. Pulis would be my second choice.