BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

1 minute ago, scotchrover said:

I’ve backed him until yesterday, but that starting line-up yesterday was a disaster. I don’t understand the mentality to keep mixing the starting 11 up. How hard is it to really play your strongest team? 

Then you’ve got the bizarre, over-complicated formation, which often leaves the striker isolated. What’s wrong with 4-4-2?  

Finally, where on earth to start with the Bennett inclusion? That lad continues to make mistakes because he’s too slow to keep pace with the championship now.

Chris Hughton’s the only one out of those I’d have. The rest are either has beens (Hughes included) or inexperienced of success at this level. Pulis would be my second choice. 

The line up 1st half worked so well Preston manager took off his playmaker Gallagher cos Bennett man marked out of the game. 

How was yesterday game formation over complication it? IMO, its was logic and simple. 

4-4-2 would have allowed Gallagher and Johnson too much space. We stop that first half. Second half our centre backs wasn't strong enough to deal with a simple target man striker

5 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

When we got relegated from the  PL against Wigan , I said at the time , I will never see Rovers in the PL again...I  am now 56 and still standby that comment !

I'm 67 so you can imagine how I feel.

The manure in Pune are not on my Christmas Card list.

Hell in retrospect I was still a youngster when the crap first arrived. But I knew it was crap even then.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, philipl said:

I am between the two of you and feel reasonably optimistic

PROVIDED

we get the succession from Mowbray correct 

It’s not just the succession but the timing of the succession.

Another international break has come and gone and no sign of any appetite for change.

We’ll likely need to be stranded in the bottom three before anyone with influence reacts.

We have gone from Kean being untouchable to Mowbray and Waggott being untouchable. We are going to need both to leave and both to be replaced so start thinking of new chief execs who could come in.

Alternatively we need a few inspired signings in January to turn things around. A keeper, two full backs, two centre backs, two wingers and a striker are all we need in Mowbray’s sixth window (but only his fourth in the a Championship to be fair ?). We have a well stocked centre midfield and several number 10s though.

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s not just the succession but the timing of the succession.

Another international break has come and gone and no sign of any appetite for change.

We’ll likely need to be stranded in the bottom three before anyone with influence reacts.

We have gone from Kean being untouchable to Mowbray and Waggott being untouchable. We are going to need both to leave and both to be replaced so start thinking of new chief execs who could come in.

Alternatively we need a few inspired signings in January to turn things around. A keeper, two full backs, two centre backs, two wingers and a striker are all we need in Mowbray’s sixth window (but only his fourth in the a Championship to be fair ?). We have a well stocked centre midfield and several number 10s though.

The problem is that as the club is presently run the chief exec just has that title and is really little more than an administrator - they are not given the authority or powers normally invested in that position

• Like 4

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

The problem is that as the club is presently run the chief exec just has that title and is really little more than an administrator - they are not given the authority or powers normally invested in that position

Which was kind of my point. Waggott won’t or can’t pull the trigger so will need to go as well.

How these people appear to have no professional pride bemuses me.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I can't see why someone should be fired because they haven't done something they didn't have the power to do

A chief exec should have these powers, if he doesn’t, he should be looking for a new job sharpish.

Of course, it’s only speculation that he doesn’t have the power to hire and fire. Every one in that role before him seemed to be able to. Singh/Agnew/Shaw, Hunt, Senior, etc.

Let's face it, managerial appointments are a crapshoot. Plenty of managers look great on paper but flatter to deceive. Lambert, Irvine and Kelly were heaven sent. Look how that turned out - although I'm sure there were other factors involved. Probably the same factors that will always stop us getting ahead.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I can't see why someone should be fired because they haven't done something they didn't have the power to do

If you put yourself in a position in any walk of life of being responsible for running the show yet you haven't got the power to effect changes then you only have yourself to blame.

The ideal position to be in is having power without responsibility, not responsibility without power. 

A full pre season and season of Lambert, Irvine & Kelly with some sort of respectable budget i'e the Rhodes money - similar to what TM has 'invested' recently - would have been interesting to see.

I refuse to believe it would have been worse that anything under GB or TM and certainly not Coyle.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Johnson is looking like the replacement. Was discussing yesterday with an ex player and he knows Johnson and thinks the club are lining him up

I think that is the way of thinking. I wouldn't be surprise to see a change happen in the summer time. 

I would be happy with Damien Johnson taking over 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Which was kind of my point. Waggott won’t or can’t pull the trigger so will need to go as well.

How these people appear to have no professional pride bemuses me.

very easy for you to say such comment as 'no professional pride' as you don't work for the club

A decision like sacking the manager should be approval at ownership level. If I was the owner I would making the decision not the CEO. The CEO could advise me and tell his opinion but the choice would be mine. 

9 minutes ago, Amo said:

Let's face it, managerial appointments are a crapshoot. Plenty of managers look great on paper but flatter to deceive. Lambert, Irvine and Kelly were heaven sent. Look how that turned out - although I'm sure there were other factors involved. Probably the same factors that will always stop us getting ahead.

What's a crapshoot?

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you put yourself in a position in any walk of life of being responsible for running the show yet you haven't got the power to effect changes then you only have yourself to blame.

The ideal position to be in is having power without responsibility, not responsibility without power. 

How about leaving the guy in the job but giving him the powers he needs to do the job in the way it is normally done- you know, that unfashionable idea of someone having a chance to prove themselves rather than throwing P45s around will nilly.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Then the CEO is a waste of money! But what do Venkys know about running a football club.

Not at all as they are plenty of things an CEO does. Not just deciding the 1st team manager job. 

Venkys dont know much about football but thats why they employed Waggott, Cheston, Slivester, Etc in the roles they do. 

Like I said before I would be making the overall decision on the manager situation but would consult a couple of others