BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that is the way of thinking. I wouldn't be surprise to see a change happen in the summer time. 

I would be happy with Damien Johnson taking over 

very easy for you to say such comment as 'no professional pride' as you don't work for the club

A decision like sacking the manager should be approval at ownership level. If I was the owner I would making the decision not the CEO. The CEO could advise me and tell his opinion but the choice would be mine. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Not at all as they are plenty of things an CEO does. Not just deciding the 1st team manager job. 

Venkys dont know much about football but thats why they employed Waggott, Cheston, Slivester, Etc in the roles they do. 

Like I said before I would be making the overall decision on the manager situation but would consult a couple of others

Theres no chance that Mowbray will be sacked with his mate in the ear of the owners.

Waggotts a waste of space, both in being an unbiased soundboard in terms of deciding/helping/advising on the managers future, and in terms of hitting sales targets due to needlessly aggressive and poorly planned pricing strategies.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Theres no chance that Mowbray will be sacked with his mate in the ear of the owners.

Waggotts a waste of space, both in being an unbiased soundboard in terms of deciding/helping/advising on the managers future, and in terms of hitting sales targets due to needlessly aggressive and poorly planned pricing strategies.

We dont know what the owners will do in the future. We dont know if Mowbray will decide to call it time on being Rovers manager in the summer and thats why he putting im place long terms structures in place like scouting dept and analysis dept. 

I have put forward the way I would run the club and the structure I would go for. 

I not going over the Waggott issue again with you. Its pointless..

We can discuss tge prices of games and season tickets until the cows come here but we never agree. I think the ST and half ST prices are fair and cheap enough..you dont. 

There were some very dire games under Lambert - December and January in particular after the honeymoon period. We barely scored at all and lost quite a few games 1-0 from memory.

However come February/March time you could see things taking shape, we looked fit and we put in some 90 min performances which we’ve barely done since. Fulham and Boro at home spring to mind. 

We fell away a tad at the end (although we ended with two wins) but I think by that point Lambert had decided he was leaving.

I’d have been more than happy to see him stay and sign more of his own players that summer. I’d have said that at the time, even easier to say now of course given Coyle followed him.

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We dont know what the owners will do in the future. We dont know if Mowbray will decide to call it time on being Rovers manager in the summer and thats why he putting im place long terms structures in place like scouting dept and analysis dept. 

I have put forward the way I would run the club and the structure I would go for. 

I not going over the Waggott issue again with you. Its pointless..

We can discuss tge prices of games and season tickets until the cows come here but we never agree. I think the ST and half ST prices are fair and cheap enough..you dont. 

Why would he put in loads of work for other people to take advantage of?

He wont be sacked barring a real disaster whilst his mate is advising our absent owners. Thats my point.

Why would he put in loads of work for other people to take advantage of?

He wont be sacked barring a real disaster whilst his mate is advising our absent owners. Thats my point.

Do you know what Waggott is advising the owners? 

Cos he works for club and he has a passion and loved for club. You realise this after talking Mowbray himself several times

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would say our venture is all too predictable. Downhill !

Pretty much. My point is that you never know exactly what kind of manager is the right fit. We could look for another old head who's been around the block and done it at this level (Warnock) or we could think outside the box and take a punt on an up-and-coming manager (Ainsworth). 

Im sure hes desperate to do well but hes an employee, his club is Boro. 

Everyone is employee at Blackburn Rovers. Majority of them all wanted to do and Mowbray is one of them. Mowbray passion and loved for this club is clear you to see. You will disagree so this convo is not pointless IMO. 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How about leaving the guy in the job but giving him the powers he needs to do the job in the way it is normally done- you know, that unfashionable idea of someone having a chance to prove themselves rather than throwing P45s around will nilly.

Do you there's the remotest chance of that happening under the Chicken Chokers ?

how bad will it get before tony the tactical marvel gets the boot,i think it`s in the players hands,they can`t be happy being shuffled here,there and everywhere,apart from bennett and williams who mowbray treats like prodigal children,the rest of them must thinking about going upstairs and making their case about underachieving,we should be comfortably in the top ten with the squad we`ve got,with a few additions next season we could be challenging for a play off place,give johnson the job,he knows the players,knows their strengths and unlike mowbray,he is`nt into the total nepotism of picking players he likes,even though they make mistakes every week and are generally not up to the job

3 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Then the CEO is a waste of money! But what do Venkys know about running a football club.

He'll cover his own costs though after spending god knows how much of their budget revamping lounges and stuff.  Alongside ripping fans off the Hospitality side might increase its turnover. I think that's all they're bothered about an if he increases turnover a few hundred K he's covered his wages and probably gets a nice bonus.

When the Trust was in charge certainly in the early days it was all about the first team everything was geared towards and revolved around that. Not these days it's probably every man for himself and no doubt a lot of them are trying hard to justify and keep their depts open. 

Remember it's cut costs with one hand whilst throwing money away with the other !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that is the way of thinking. I wouldn't be surprise to see a change happen in the summer time. 

I would be happy with Damien Johnson taking over 

very easy for you to say such comment as 'no professional pride' as you don't work for the club

A decision like sacking the manager should be approval at ownership level. If I was the owner I would making the decision not the CEO. The CEO could advise me and tell his opinion but the choice would be mine. 

You need to keep up with the context, Chris. It was suggested that he has no authority and is merely an administrator. We don’t know if that’s true but if it is then, given the role itself should have that authority, I feel that anyone putting up with that is only in it for the money and is a CEO in title only. Nothing wrong with that per se but I wouldn't want that to be how my club is run. A chief exec powerless to sack the manager as necessary and only operating as directed from above? That’s not what I expect from the role. As a stakeholder in the club I think our money could be better spent.

You really are going out of your way to defend this one. As a Rovers fan I’ve yet to see anything positive that he has brought to the club. And by that I don’t mean not negative, I mean actual positive growth. All I’ve seen is price increases.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those aren't 'long term' structures they are fundamental basic structures that any club at this level should have. The fact these owners delivered a situation where a club of this size and stature had no recruitment department which has supposedly required more than 2 years of rebuilding is an absolute disgrace and another example of them not being fit to own a football club.

Mowbray seems to have made efforts to get us to be where everyone else has been throughout although it is entirely manager led, dependent upon Mowbrays working relationship with Venkys and characterised by nepotism e.g. his mates appointed as CEO and Head of Football/Assistant Manager.

• Like 1

The fact that the most recent trip to India was made by Mowbray and Venus without Waggott tells me all I need to know about Waggott's position in the pyramid of control.

He'll fill in the paperwork when told what is happening. Forget him sacking anyone.

• Like 2

To be fair iv'e spoken to a few ex players in the past and they are surmising like everyone else and stuff rarely comes true. Doesn't mean it might not happen but they are usually operating on hearsay.

Truth is no one knows or will know what Venkys will do as all these things are decided well away from Ewood and people only get told when something IS actually happening. 

Strong rumours recently that there's been Vs representation who aren't usually there at a few away games. Who they actually are and why they are there is anyone's guess. If it isn't any Raos themselves then it's odd they haven't pitched up at Ewood and if they have it's odd no one has clocked it. 

• Like 1