BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

Just now, JHRover said:

The fact that the most recent trip to India was made by Mowbray and Venus without Waggott tells me all I need to know about Waggott's position in the pyramid of control.

He'll fill in the paperwork when told what is happening. Forget him sacking anyone.

There is a danger that this kind of speculation can get out of hand. As per FA rules, we have to assume that Waggott has all of the required authority to carry out his duties as a director.

The issue for me becomes whether his relationship with Mowbray would affect his judgement. I sincerely hope that he will do what is right by the club to ensure it’s long term success. Within that obligation there has to come a time when the decision has to be taken: is relegation to L1 with Mowbray in charge better for our long term success than sacking him to try to avoid it?

As a director, he, along with Cheston and Babu have to decide. Anything else would be a very different discussion.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You need to keep up with the context, Chris. It was suggested that he has no authority and is merely an administrator. We don’t know if that’s true but if it is then, given the role itself should have that authority, I feel that anyone putting up with that is only in it for the money and is a CEO in title only. Nothing wrong with that per se but I wouldn't want that to be how my club is run. A chief exec powerless to sack the manager as necessary and only operating as directed from above? That’s not what I expect from the role. As a stakeholder in the club I think our money could be better spent.

You really are going out of your way to defend this one. As a Rovers fan I’ve yet to see anything positive that he has brought to the club. And by that I don’t mean not negative, I mean actual positive growth. All I’ve seen is price increases.

any manager change at most clubs I would say is made at Ownership level and not at CEO level. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Those aren't 'long term' structures they are fundamental basic structures that any club at this level should have. The fact these owners delivered a situation where a club of this size and stature had no recruitment department which has supposedly required more than 2 years of rebuilding is an absolute disgrace and another example of them not being fit to own a football club.

Mowbray seems to have made efforts to get us to be where everyone else has been throughout although it is entirely manager led, dependent upon Mowbrays working relationship with Venkys and characterised by nepotism e.g. his mates appointed as CEO and Head of Football/Assistant Manager.

Different clubs operates different ways. Didn't Kean get rid of the scouting department? and since then its never been the same. Bowyer bought in Tommy Johnson and his dad to help with the Scouting department. Lambert wasn't here long enough. 

So Mowbray is now trying to in place scouting knowledge and system. Didn't Rovers advertised for experience European Scout in September? 

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The fact that the most recent trip to India was made by Mowbray and Venus without Waggott tells me all I need to know about Waggott's position in the pyramid of control.

He'll fill in the paperwork when told what is happening. Forget him sacking anyone.

Why did Waggott need to go? 

The chat was football related so Mowbray went. Venus and Harvey went also

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

What is Lucas Neill doing these days? 

lives on Whalley Road in Accrington still

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Walking his dog around the Coppice in Accrington most Saturday mornings ..always stops for a chat and a lil Rovers talk ...pleasant guy.

Does he talk about the current team and his views on the manager

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

lives on Whalley Road in Accrington still

Does he talk about the current team and his views on the manager

Noooo as I say a lil chat .. the blokes out walking his dogs ..not going to to grill him .. as I said before ..a very pleasant bloke . Nothing more nothing less .

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

any manager change at most clubs I would say is made at Ownership level and not at CEO level. 

Different clubs operates different ways. Didn't Kean get rid of the scouting department? and since then its never been the same. Bowyer bought in Tommy Johnson and his dad to help with the Scouting department. Lambert wasn't here long enough. 

So Mowbray is now trying to in place scouting knowledge and system. Didn't Rovers advertised for experience European Scout in September? 

Why did Waggott need to go? 

The chat was football related so Mowbray went. Venus and Harvey went also

I'd say any high level meeting between the owners and manager/assistant manager should be attended by the Chief Executive. At the very least he needs to understand what is said and what the outcome of those meetings was. The fact his presence wasn't required tells me that the show rolls on without him whilst he sits in his office and deals with the bureaucracy.

Imagine John William's not being involved in meetings between the owners and Hughes/Allardyce. Well that's what happened when Venkys arrived and started meeting Kean without his involvement. He quickly resigned because a CEO should be involved.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

To be fair iv'e spoken to a few ex players in the past and they are surmising like everyone else and stuff rarely comes true. Doesn't mean it might not happen but they are usually operating on hearsay.

Truth is no one knows or will know what Venkys will do as all these things are decided well away from Ewood and people only get told when something IS actually happening. 

Strong rumours recently that there's been Vs representation who aren't usually there at a few away games. Who they actually are and why they are there is anyone's guess. If it isn't any Raos themselves then it's odd they haven't pitched up at Ewood and if they have it's odd no one has clocked it. 

I was told that Balaji's son has been to quite a few games recently and is taking an interest. The person who told me reckons he's only about 18.

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Do you know where the son went to school ? A British school education might have left him with a better insight in to football.

I don't know where he studied. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Balaji wanted him to take over the running of the club but I can't be totally sure.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'd say any high level meeting between the owners and manager/assistant manager should be attended by the Chief Executive. At the very least he needs to understand what is said and what the outcome of those meetings was. The fact his presence wasn't required tells me that the show rolls on without him whilst he sits in his office and deals with the bureaucracy.

Imagine John William's not being involved in meetings between the owners and Hughes/Allardyce. Well that's what happened when Venkys arrived and started meeting Kean without his involvement. He quickly resigned because a CEO should be involved.

Yes Williams did resigned because of the lack of involvement from him and the board at the start of their time. 

From Mowbray's comments the meetings was about scouting and Venus role becoming involved in transfer deals and more of admin role. I dont see why Waggott needs to be there tbh as he leads talks on transfers with targets with Venus already this summer. 

I would imagine that our owners the Walker's family and trust probably never met Hughes and Allardyce at all. 

Do you really think if Jack Walker want to speak the manager he would go with CEO or just and do it. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I was told that Balaji's son has been to quite a few games recently and is taking an interest. The person who told me reckons he's only about 18.

He was based over here for Uni or something i seem to recall although i thought he was a bit older. They did say the intention was to get him on the board when he was older once in a rare interview.  That's if it's the same son obviously, bit of a lad big Barry i bet.

Maybe the real reason they own Rovers is yet to be revealed. 

Yeah, I remember there being something about little Barry taking it over, clearly a prospect to get really excited about. 

I shouldn't imagine it would take much to groom him as a jetset International gelatinous jizz fountain. "sack every decent person, or make their lives so hellish that they go, install parasitic talentless chancers who'll gut what's left to line their own pockets and leave the club an empty shell. Then make sure you stay well away and give them just enough to stop them going to the wall "

You can't learn stuff like that at harvard

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 1

i think mowbray will resign before christmas if things get worse or at the end of the season otherwise,he can`t be short of a bob or two and recently he`s been looking more and more moribund,he surely must realise he`s reached the end of the line,spend your saturdays on the radio tony,you`ve done a decent rebuilding job for us but it`s time to retire

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think mowbray will resign before christmas if things get worse or at the end of the season otherwise,he can`t be short of a bob or two and recently he`s been looking more and more moribund,he surely must realise he`s reached the end of the line,spend your saturdays on the radio tony,you`ve done a decent rebuilding job for us but it`s time to retire

He’s only 55.

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

He’s only 55.

He should be at his managerial peak but he seems very weary at times. 

There'd be another job out there for him though somewhere probably at Bradford or somewhere like that, highish profile lge 1 club type manager.