BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

On 17/11/2019 at 22:14, tomphil said:

He was based over here for Uni or something i seem to recall although i thought he was a bit older. They did say the intention was to get him on the board when he was older once in a rare interview.  That's if it's the same son obviously, bit of a lad big Barry i bet.

Maybe the real reason they own Rovers is yet to be revealed. 

He's older than 18. He recently graduated from university

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I think realisation as dawned on Mowbray , it was a very strange transfer window and in my opinion we are no better off..

He knows , he is on his bike soon but Venkys  could keep this going for months ...

It wouldn't surprise me if Venkys had done 'their thing' with Mowbray - promise the world, talk the talk, agree to certain things - only for that to not materialise down the line and he feels let down by it all. It wouldn't be the first time a manager has boldly talked of big plans and investment one minute and then down the line appeared fed up, annoyed, confused. 

Venkys will cart on because the cost and hassle of making a change doesn't appeal to them and the only ones who can make a decision couldn't care less about what is happening.

All that doesn't take away from the fact that he has had a good budget by Championship standards, has recruited poorly in 90% of signings, failed to improve a poor defence and is presiding over a prolonged poor run of results.

Managers are judged on results and performances not how nice they are or if they rejig the scouting department.

Edited by JHRover

Just now, JHRover said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Venkys had done 'their thing' with Mowbray - promise the world, talk the talk, agree to certain things - only for that to not materialise down the line and he feels let down by it all. It wouldn't be the first time a manager has boldly talked of big plans and investment one minute and then down the line appeared fed up, annoyed, confused. 

Venkys will cart on because the cost and hassle of making a change doesn't appeal to them and the only ones who can make a decision couldn't care less about what is happening.

All that doesn't take away from the fact that he has had a good budget by Championship standards, has recruited poorly in 90% of signings, failed to improve a poor defence and is presiding over a prolonged poor run of results.

Managers are judged on results and performances not how nice they are or if they rejig the scouting department.

Mowbray has been backed.He has spent close to 15 million on Brererton ,Gallagher and Armstrong.

Downing,Holtby and Johnson will also have been given hefty signing on fees.

Christ plenty of reasons to criticise our owners but no way can Mowbray complain about lack of backing.

Rejected a big money bid from West brom for Dack last year,and he has given a host of players improved contracts here.

Only player we have sold of any value in his time here has been Raya and it was clear Mowbray didn't fancy him

• Like 5

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

He should be at his managerial peak but he seems very weary at times. 

There'd be another job out there for him though somewhere probably at Bradford or somewhere like that, highish profile lge 1 club type manager.

Funny isn’t it, we worry ourselves to death about hanging onto managers in case we get worse yet every one of them has had to lower their ambitions after leaving Rovers. Apart from one.

Kean in exile

Berg to Poland

Appleton to L2 (prom to L1, left)

Bowyer to L2 (prom to L1, left)

Lambert to Championship (levelled out tbf)

Coyle to Scotland (relegated bottom of SPL)

Mowbray from L1 (failed with Coventry!)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray has been backed.He has spent close to 15 million on Brererton ,Gallagher and Armstrong.

Downing,Holtby and Johnson will also have been given hefty signing on fees.

Christ plenty of reasons to criticise our owners but no way can Mowbray complain about lack of backing.

Rejected a big money bid from West brom for Dack last year,and he has given a host of players improved contracts here.

Only player we have sold of any value in his time here has been Raya and it was clear Mowbray didn't fancy him

Not saying he hasn't been backed with cash, but perhaps he's had his hands tied in other ways. Perhaps its just because I'm trying to convince myself that no manager would ever be so stupid as to do what we have with spending nothing on the defence and everything on the attack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not saying he hasn't been backed with cash, but perhaps he's had his hands tied in other ways. Perhaps its just because I'm trying to convince myself that no manager would ever be so stupid as to do what we have with spending nothing on the defence and everything on the attack.

As you say, criticism of him must be muted to some extent because we don't know what freedom he's had to spend that transfer money. If he did, he's an absolute disgrace and, if I were the owner, I'd have sacked him by now. I'd have sacked him on the basis of Brereton alone.

If he didn't endorse those signings and has had to accept them anyway, then he is not the character that many people think he is. It is very odd that a craggy centre-half should publicly identify the defensive problems, do virtually nothing about them other than get rid of the keeper and sign one no better, and leave us so vulnerable to any team that crosses the halfway line.

Like much re Venkys, it does not add up.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

As you say, criticism of him must be muted to some extent because we don't know what freedom he's had to spend that transfer money. If he did, he's an absolute disgrace and, if I were the owner, I'd have sacked him by now. I'd have sacked him on the basis of Brereton alone.

If he didn't endorse those signings and has had to accept them anyway, then he is not the character that many people think he is. It is very odd that a craggy centre-half should publicly identify the defensive problems, do virtually nothing about them other than get rid of the keeper and sign one no better, and leave us so vulnerable to any team that crosses the halfway line.

Like much re Venkys, it does not add up.

it does add up when you realise he did the same thing everywhere else he has been. Collects midfielders and attackers and neglects the defense. Perhaps its a mix of the two and why he was hired in the first place - they wouldnt have to do too much convincing when it comes to not making much money available for defenders.

On 17/11/2019 at 14:33, arbitro said:

I was told that Balaji's son has been to quite a few games recently and is taking an interest. The person who told me reckons he's only about 18.

This could be a good thing couldn't it.  If the kid becomes a fan then at least we will have someone in Pune with a proper interest.  Indian JW.  Sorry.  Could be our best chance to actually move forward if he does start to love Rovers as a fan though.

• Like 2

Been thinking a bit about the Mowbray situation these last few weeks and i kind of see it as situation very similar to Spurs with Poch. My disappointment for the poor results recently has evaporated a little. I think it is a little to early to call for his head as i do believe while performances haven't been great and neither results. The games against Barnsley and a few other lower-ranked teams is when you learn whether he still has the players backing. 

I do think it is a little harsh to put the entire blame on him as i think some of the players have let themselves down in your Johnson, Gallagher (though he is being played out of position), and a few injury problems haven't helped either. 

I think our attack is looking strong even though we aren't scoring enough, I think many clubs would love to have the likes of Armstrong, Gallagher, Graham, Brereton who i all think can have a impact. 

The biggest issue for me is Left back, CB and having a strong ball winning midfielder. 

If our time with Mowbray does come to end then i will be very very thankful for everything he has done. I think he came into a thankless task, but at the end of the day he came provided stability, and has left us in a better position today than when he took over which is the only thing you can hope for when you have a new manager. After these string of games if things haven't improved then i think a new voice is needed but I will forever have a fond memory of Tony Mowbray. 

On 20/11/2019 at 21:14, MCMC1875 said:

Jagdish. Been studying at Reading Polytechnic. Don't know what he knows about running a football club.

Sounds ideal for us then. Certainly no worse then the rest of the clowns. 

As USABlue says an interest from someone in the family would be a step up. 

If he's UK based and has been for a while and more familiar with the people here, the English fans mentality and the game in general then it might be a useful link.

What the club needs i feel is someone with clout actually attending games and filling the void between here and India to keep a grip of the comfort zone that develops. The CEO , manager etc needs someone above them to apply a bit of pressure now and again instead of them having a free reign to invent excuses.

A dual agent hiding in the shadows Indian middleman doesn't cut it i'm afraid.

7 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Been thinking a bit about the Mowbray situation these last few weeks and i kind of see it as situation very similar to Spurs with Poch. My disappointment for the poor results recently has evaporated a little. I think it is a little to early to call for his head as i do believe while performances haven't been great and neither results. The games against Barnsley and a few other lower-ranked teams is when you learn whether he still has the players backing. 

I do think it is a little harsh to put the entire blame on him as i think some of the players have let themselves down in your Johnson, Gallagher (though he is being played out of position), and a few injury problems haven't helped either. 

I think our attack is looking strong even though we aren't scoring enough, I think many clubs would love to have the likes of Armstrong, Gallagher, Graham, Brereton who i all think can have a impact. 

The biggest issue for me is Left back, CB and having a strong ball winning midfielder. 

If our time with Mowbray does come to end then i will be very very thankful for everything he has done. I think he came into a thankless task, but at the end of the day he came provided stability, and has left us in a better position today than when he took over which is the only thing you can hope for when you have a new manager. After these string of games if things haven't improved then i think a new voice is needed but I will forever have a fond memory of Tony Mowbray. 

Pochettino wasn't given the money to take Spurs to the next level, that the board demanded. 

Mowbray has spunked £14 million on 3 non scoring attackers.

He has sold our keeper and loaned in an inferior one.

He hasn't solved the defensive problem, mainly due to the fact he wasted money on attackers.

He doesn't play our best striker.

He plays a shit right midfielder at left back, right back, centre midfield just because the players listen to him.

He insults all our young squad players in the public eye but wouldn't dare criticise senior members that play badly on a weekly basis.

Any fond memories of our League 1 season have long since vanished.

It's time for him to go before he gets us in more debt and completely ruins our squad and club.. 

Edited by Wegerleswiggle

7 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Get these 2 in asap and save our club. There would be such a buzz about Ewood if we had somebody that can relate to the Club in charge.

Tony please wake up in the morning and realise that you aren't the man for job. Phone your mate and tell him you resign and let us fans have hope again.

images (6).jpeg

220px-Tugay_kerioglu_in_2016.jpg

I cant see Hughes coming into Management at all. With his regular coaching staff in charge at Reading now. Plus Mark Bowen went for Swansea head coach job last summer

Can Hughes work without these 2? Im not convince. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I cant see Hughes coming into Management at all. With his regular coaching staff in charge at Reading now. Plus Mark Bowen went for Swansea head coach job last summer

Can Hughes work without these 2? Im not convince. 

The feelgood factor alone though of Hughes and Toogs... bring back Jordan Rhodes too!

It certainly would pique fans’ interest compared to the current malaise.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

The feelgood factor alone though of Hughes and Toogs... bring back Jordan Rhodes too!

It certainly would pique fans’ interest compared to the current malaise.

Another striker!!! FFS

We need defenders and keepers not forward players. Forget Rhodes. We dont need him. 

Not convince Hughes or Tugay are the answer tbh..feel good factor cant get you top 6 Stuart. Hughes without Bowen I wouldnt be in favour off. 

• Like 1