BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

21 hours ago, Pedro said:

Gallagher and Brereton are 6ft odd shithouses.  Their lack of strength and presence is embarassing. David Speedie, Craig Bellamy and Paul Dickov were midgets but they could hold a ball up and used every ounce of their strength and craftiness to sucker in the defender to foul them.

Modern day robots pal they are everywhere they are honed into lithe athletes from a young age in academies and drilled in the very basics. The occasionally stand out against other robots at that level but good footballers they aren't.

Each one of those others you mention had a dose of talent that made up for any lack of size. The sheer grafting hate to lose attitude they put on themselves no doubt played a huge part in their success and rubbed off on others along the way.

We are a middle of the road club now for middle of the road footballers, expensive ones at that due to the cluelessness of over generous paymasters.  

Quite easy to exploit that if you get a foot in the door.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

With Hughton being mentioned for the West Ham job, I think it's fair to say he wouldn't consider us.

Hughes seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

For me now, if we couldn't tempt Hughes to return I would go for Nigel Pearson or Gareth Ainsworth. I would have DJ as assistant to either one of those. 

I feel Wednesday will be Mowbray's Goodbye and we need to act fast to replace him.

I've always said we were never going to get Chris Hughton to come here, it was pipedream and never going to happen. 

I don't think Hughes can be affective without Bowen. 

Pearson or Ainsworth or Johnson for me. 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Ainsworth has done nowt. Wycombe have yoyoed between the second and third division and have only looked good this season. He'd be another sentimental choice like Johnson or Hughes and I'd prefer results and promotion. 

Ainsworth has done nowt? really? suggest you research what Ainsworth has done at the club considering the financial mess they were in for years. 

Only looked good this season? Top of the league, keep clean sheets and winning games. would you not take that this season?

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

One swallow does not make a summer Chaddy. James Beattie had one great season at Southampton and was pretty average for the rest of his career. I'm sorry that I insulted your latest crush but I don't see it. 

I put him on my shortlist after doing a great job at Wycombe

I always said Damien Johnson was my 1st choice

You're the sentimental type then Chaddy. Why not bring back David Dunn and Ryan Nelsen to be coaches with Alan Shearer as director of football? And get in Tony Parkes if he's interested. OK I am exaggerating but I just don't see how someone who has been brilliant this one season, a season they may still end in failure, at a club in the lower leagues is the answer. Nor can I really see a youth coach who did well being the number 1, obvious choice.

22 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Whichever way it goes Mowbray has to go if are to get promotion.

I can’t remember any promotion from the championship for ages with an old school type manager that we have.  It’s generally the younger, hungrier managers who seem to have the energy to scout bargains and play to their strengths, sadly we have a manager that’s done his time, and in my opinion is piling up his pension pot and taking no risks whatsoever.  Dull football, dull atmosphere, unfit squad and loads of players out of position.....keeping the union reps happy

I agree it looks as if he has to go alright, but its not true that only younger managers get promoted, not true at all. Sure Warnock got promoted the season before last! Benitez... Bielsa doing well. It's not an age thing, it's an ability thing. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How would appointing Ainsworth lead to anything but mid-table mediocrity? I don't get why some are fawning over him. If we are going for a younger manager, it has to be Johnson. 

Whilst I agree I certainly wouldn't be going after Ainsworth, but if its out of him and Johnson, why on earth would you go for the latter?

At least Ainsworth has worked in the football league and has experience of the day to day management lifestyle, Johnson would be an absolute disaster I feel.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ainsworth has done nowt? really? suggest you research what Ainsworth has done at the club considering the financial mess they were in for years. 

Only looked good this season? Top of the league, keep clean sheets and winning games. would you not take that this season?

15th, 22nd, 4th, 13th, 9th, 3rd, 17th

Those are Wycombe's final League finishing positions since Ainsworth became their manager in 2012.

Have they had less money than Accy Stanley? Because Coleman's record is just as good if not better.

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How would appointing Ainsworth lead to anything but mid-table mediocrity? I don't get why some are fawning over him. If we are going for a younger manager, it has to be Johnson. 

Because he’s from Blackburn mate, that’s it.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree it looks as if he has to go alright, but its not true that only younger managers get promoted, not true at all. Sure Warnock got promoted the season before last! Benitez... Bielsa doing well. It's not an age thing, it's an ability thing. 

The majority though, Farker, Neil, Santo, Jokanovic,  Huddersfield German, Villa manager, Wilder.......they are all young managers.

Benitez is a world class manager so he doesn't count

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

15th, 22nd, 4th, 13th, 9th, 3rd, 17th

Those are Wycombe's final League finishing positions since Ainsworth became their manager in 2012.

Have they had less money than Accy Stanley? Because Coleman's record is just as good if not better.

Yes, miles less money than Accy.  He's been working with a conference budget

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

The majority though, Farker, Neil, Santo, Jokanovic,  Huddersfield German, Villa manager, Wilder.......they are all young managers.

Benitez is a world class manager so he doesn't count

You are grasping at straws with Smith and Wilder being young,but I do take the point. What I would do for an Eddie Howe style manager here now. Farke, Wagner the same. 

We deserve the excitement 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are grasping at straws with Smith and Wilder being young,but I do take the point. What I would do for an Eddie Howe style manager here now. Farke, Wagner the same. 

We deserve the excitement 

Indeed! What we need is someone like subsoil to be brave now for the good of the club and reject Simon conning and co and go all out for the right candidate. 

I mean how did Patrick Cryer and Co find Stendhal in Germany!

• Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

I mean how did Patrick Cryer and Co find Stendhal in Germany!

Patrick Cryne is dead. Before dying he sold Barnsley to Chien Lee and co. They were the ones who found Stendel and appointed him although not exactly find of the century given he was manager of Hanover for a couple of seasons. Just took a bit of imagination. For a club that prefers to look within and doesn't go beyond the North of England for new signings that is an unusual concept admittedly.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Johnson with no experience?

It's neither for me.

They must have experience and the standout candidates for me are Hughes, Warnock, Pardew, Hughton or Allardyce. 

Failing that, Karanka, Pearson, Di Matteo or Moyes.

Some more realistic than others obviously.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Modern day robots pal they are everywhere they are honed into lithe athletes from a young age in academies and drilled in the very basics. The occasionally stand out against other robots at that level but good footballers they aren't.

Each one of those others you mention had a dose of talent that made up for any lack of size. The sheer grafting hate to lose attitude they put on themselves no doubt played a huge part in their success and rubbed off on others along the way.

We are a middle of the road club now for middle of the road footballers, expensive ones at that due to the cluelessness of over generous paymasters.  

Quite easy to exploit that if you get a foot in the door.

I agree. All those mentioned are working class lads, worked their way up and been kicked about on the way. All winners, all grafters. That is what Blackburn Rovers should be about. It worked perfectly under Hughes and even the skilful and creative players had a nasty/tough side to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Johnson with no experience?

It's neither for me.

They must have experience and the standout candidates for me are Hughes, Warnock, Pardew, Hughton or Allardyce. 

Failing that, Karanka, Pearson, Di Matteo or Moyes.

Some more realistic than others obviously.

I meant between him and Ainsworth