BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If Tony goes...

If Mowbray goes...  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If Tony leaves or gets sacked who would we want in to replace him.

• Damien Johnson
    • Chris Hughton
    • David Moyes
    • Alan Pardew
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Chris Coleman
    • Gary Rowett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Neil Harris
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Mark Hughes
    • None of the above

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You can find extreme examples of most things working sometimes but they started in Leagues One and Two so essentially worked their way up didnt they?

Liverpool did alright through the glory years.

I'm in the camp of us needing experience at Rovers though.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But those 2 examples proved it can work just like Norwich and Huddersfield appointed German under 23;'s head coach as first team manager. its worked twice out of 3. 

If Damien Johnson got the job then I would be happy with that tbh. as long he could bring some new staff aswell

Those German managers were coaching Borussia Dortmund B having learned their trade under Jurgen Klopp and Thomas Tuchel. To all intents and purposes they were already head coaches before joining Huddersfield/Norwich. They also joined Huddersfield/Norwich as head coaches with structures of support assembled around them.

Johnson would have none of that and managing our u23s is different to managing Borussia Dortmund B.

Smith did a steady job at Walsall in the lower leagues for a good 4 years before getting a shot at Brentford in the Championship. Not sure how he is comparable to Johnson. If Johnson joined Fleetwood and did a good job for 4 years then fine.

The fact is that the majority of promoted coaches at this level don't achieve anything and end up out the door after a short period.

I've already named half a dozen. Most clubs have improved after those promoted coaches have moved on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Those German managers were coaching Borussia Dortmund B having learned their trade under Jurgen Klopp and Thomas Tuchel. To all intents and purposes they were already head coaches before joining Huddersfield/Norwich. They also joined Huddersfield/Norwich as head coaches with structures of support assembled around them.

Johnson would have none of that and managing our u23s is different to managing Borussia Dortmund B.

Smith did a steady job at Walsall in the lower leagues for a good 4 years before getting a shot at Brentford in the Championship. Not sure how he is comparable to Johnson. If Johnson joined Fleetwood and did a good job for 4 years then fine.

The fact is that the majority of promoted coaches at this level don't achieve anything and end up out the door after a short period.

I've already named half a dozen. Most clubs have improved after those promoted coaches have moved on.

You can keep debating this with me but I'm not changing my view. 

If Johnson was to get the job then I wouldn't have a problem with it and would be favour of it along with other possible managers I've mention before

Personally I'd be tempted to go the route of an interesting foreign appointment. We've tried promoting within (Bowyer) and experience of Championship (TM & technically Coyle) and I do wonder if something new and different might not be what is in order.

The huge problem is that whatever category we look in Rovers will probably go to the substandard element of that category. 

27 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Personally I'd be tempted to go the route of an interesting foreign appointment. We've tried promoting within (Bowyer) and experience of Championship (TM & technically Coyle) and I do wonder if something new and different might not be what is in order.

The huge problem is that whatever category we look in Rovers will probably go to the substandard element of that category. 

Maradonna finally?

Just now, JacknOry said:

Maradonna finally?

Lol knew someone might suggest this and that's definitely not what I meant! But a proper coach from abroad as a number of them have had decent success - Wagner and Falke being the most obvious but not exclusive examples. We haven't really gone this route and the current systems haven't worked so combined with its success elsewhere I think it might be the way forward. As ever Venkys can screw it up though. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

Lol knew someone might suggest this and that's definitely not what I meant! But a proper coach from abroad as a number of them have had decent success - Wagner and Falke being the most obvious but not exclusive examples. We haven't really gone this route and the current systems haven't worked so combined with its success elsewhere I think it might be the way forward. As ever Venkys can screw it up though. 

Like Forest appointed this summer

18 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Judan Ali?

On 20/11/2019 at 11:53, RoversClitheroe said:

He's older than 18. He recently graduated from university

At least he's bothered to go to university. Some rich kids just spend their lifes leeching off Daddy's bank account. 

I've said before perhaps this is the Walker family in reverse. Owners don't care but their son does. You never know right? Don't judge people on who their families are.

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 08:04, JacknOry said:

Maradonna finally?

Why the hell not? With UEFA around you need to be creative and "outside the box" rather than boring. If that was gonna happen though it would have 9 years ago. Honestly I wanted him then (and actually suggested him in summer 2010) and yeah maybe he would have failed even with the right staff. I haven't used this word for a while but it was also one of the least parochial things imaginable. If brash and sensational grabs the headlines then do it. Might as well now with FUP there's hardly anything left to lose.

Edited by Vinjay17