BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield - Saturday Lunch for Sky

Well seeing as no one has started a topic about our next home game I thought I may as well give it a go (although after watching our capitulation last Saturday at QPR  I can’t say I’m too enthusiastic).

Living a few miles away from the John Smith’s stadium means I keep a close eye on what’s going on there and up to the last couple of weeks have been pretty pleased with their results. A bit of karma after fielding a weakened team at Birmingham in our relegation season? Well maybe not!  

Just a bit of a coincidence here, back in the 70’s I broke my leg playing at Brockhall, a good few years before Rovers began training there. Last month, my son broke his leg playing at Leeds Rd, just yards from where Huddersfield now train. 

A good following from Huddersfield expected but I note we’ve only given them 2000 seats in the upper tier. I suspect they will fill that, and more, judging by the interest around here. I still can’t understand why we stick the away fans in the upper tier? It hardly adds to the atmosphere. 

Town seem to have staved off an immediate drop straight through into League 1 by ditching Jan Siewert and appointing the Cowley brothers from Lincoln. A couple of decent results have kickstarted their season and they will be looking to capitalise on those at Ewood. 

I can’t say I know much about their current squad but they have retained a few from their time in the Premier League, although Aaron Mooy left on loan to Brighton just after signing a 3 year deal on the basis he wanted Premier League football but isn’t even a regular in the Brighton team (very strange). 

It will be a tough game against a resurgent Town who shouldn’t be taken lightly. 

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 3

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Early kick off, tv, shit home crowd and even worse atmosphere apart from the visitors who always give their side good backing.  The mood around Ewood is low, we always look even slower after Int breaks but no wonder if players insta and twitter feeds are anything to go by, it's very much down the tools for a bit whilst there's a chance.

Hudds to dominate first half, Rovers the second, probably going all out to get back into it !

2 - 2

A game we very much need to and should be winning, irrespective of signs of life following the appointment of Cowley.

Walton

Nyambe Adarabioyo Williams Downing

Travis Johnson

Holtby Dack Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Hart, Chapman, Graham, Evans, Gallagher

Big 2 conundrums are left back and up front id suggest. Bell cannot play, Downing is a slightly risky choice at LB (with Nyambe a more defensive choice on the other side) but for me the least risky choice available. Armstrong I would let have a go up front to add to a couple of recent goals. Samuel I dont want near the squad either.

I do expect to see Downing and Armstrong wide, Gallagher up top, Bell left back and Holtby and Rothwell kicking their heels on the bench.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

A game we very much need to and should be winning, irrespective of signs of life following the appointment of Cowley.

Walton

Nyambe Adarabioyo Williams Downing

Travis Johnson

Holtby Dack Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Hart, Chapman, Graham, Evans, Gallagher

Big 2 conundrums are left back and up front id suggest. Bell cannot play, Downing is a slightly risky choice at LB (with Nyambe a more defensive choice on the other side) but for me the least risky choice available. Armstrong I would let have a go up front to add to a couple of recent goals. Samuel I dont want near the squad either.

I do expect to see Downing and Armstrong wide, Gallagher up top, Bell left back and Holtby and Rothwell kicking their heels on the bench.

How come you have Bennett as sub? We haven't seen much of Adarabioyo but he needs to start and be quicker to assert authority. 

I do agree, I think the game will be a very difficult one for Rovers. With the injury problems with our back four. The possibility of Bell back at left back worries me. Cunningham has made mistakes but not as many as Amari Bell unfortunately. Let's hope Mowbray goes positive and try to put a team out with Holtby and Rothwell like ChaddyRovers has predicted and go for it

I have tried to forgive and forget but the truth of the matter is I still sincerely dislike Huddersfield for the Herr Wanker shenanigans.

I had hoped that they were on the way to L1 but the Cowley lads were a great signing, the sort we should have gone for and will move them up the table.

During the Venkys reign of Ewood terror, we have played Huddersfield 10 times, Won 2, Lost 1, Drawn 7 

I think a resurgent Huddersfield will do an Easy Street FC suffering from jet lag, a draw a bonus

• Like 1

What is key here is that Mowbray set a target of 12 points from the "next 6 games" which were going to be so much easier than the very hard first 6.

I would have thought a target of 15 would have been more appropriate... or just getting "3 points from the next game" one by one.

So we are sat with 7 points from 5 games. The target is well and truly missed.

Was it Mowbray's own target or was it a target given to him ? Is he about to become history or will he explain to us, his exciting new target for the next 6 games.

Brum, Nobbers, Owls,  Leeds, Barnsley, Brentford.

Question is, what should this new target be ? 12 again (mediocrity or an improvement) or less (dumb down further) or more (fantasy) ?

What about after missing the 3rd target in a row ? Oh yes the old "lets see where we are after Xmas" routine.

Will the fans lap up his nonsense or see this is a complete waste of time ?

He better not once use the defensive injuries as an excuse.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I think we will really struggle and see a defeat coming our way. Instant meltdown afterwards with the world set to end at 1700hrs !

Even worse than usual it will be at around 1430 ?

I think this will be a draw, a slow, plodding, bore of one too. 0-0 or 1-1.

• Like 1

I've got a bad feeling about this one. I wonder if the new management at Huddersfield gave their guys a week off try fly all over the shop or did they have them in every day working on formations, tactics  etc  ?  I think we know the answer to that one.  I'd take a draw now and that says it all really.

Given their new managements previous record I expect us to be out enthused, again.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wonder if the new management at Huddersfield gave their guys a week off try fly all over the shop or did they have them in every day working on formations, tactics  etc  ?  I think we know the answer to that one.

by the looks of it the Huddersfield players bar international call ups have been training hard and working. Source is the Huddersfield website

Some good reading on that Hudds forum they seem a decent bunch non of the usual codswallop.

It's odd to read that some frequent visitors have never noticed the river that runs right next to the ground though. Would probably amaze them to know there is actually a river runs through Blackburn as well, well the bits that haven't been covered over of course.

River Blakewater = Blake Burn = Blackburn   for those yorkies looking in.

They have the town centres lack of drinking establishments down to a T though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I still can’t understand why we stick the away fans in the upper tier? It hardly adds to the atmosphere

That is Waggott's stated reason for putting the away fans up there. To reduce the atmosphere they create - to reduce any advantage their support may give to their team.

Probably doesn't want them disturbing his nap.

• Like 1

To be fair, Blackburn centre certainly does have enough pubs for a pre game crawl, with a *slight* resurgence this past couple of years.

Its just a load of them are of the ‘rough and ready’ variety - Zy Bar, Bar Ibiza, The Sun, Sam’s Bar etc.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

To be fair, Blackburn centre certainly does have enough pubs for a pre game crawl, with a *slight* resurgence this past couple of years.

Its just a load of them are of the ‘rough and ready’ variety - Zy Bar, Bar Ibiza, The Sun, Sam’s Bar etc.

I noticed a couple of micro pubs too. One off Northgate and one on KW St.

Different culture nowadays though. Young folk can’t afford to drink ‘out’ so pubs won’t set up. And any successful pub gets hammered by breweries for being... successful!

• Like 4