BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield - Saturday Lunch for Sky

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've got a bad feeling about this one. I wonder if the new management at Huddersfield gave their guys a week off try fly all over the shop or did they have them in every day working on formations, tactics  etc  ?  I think we know the answer to that one.  I'd take a draw now and that says it all really.

Given their new managements previous record I expect us to be out enthused, again.

Yep. Can see us getting a draw, or mor likely, we'll slip to a narrow defeat.

Mowbray's 6 game target is missed either way. Will he be accountable? I'd wager, no.

18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

With our home games generally hidden away on Quest, an empty DE doesn’t really register.

But it’s going to make Ewood look awful on Saturday.

To be honest, I don't give a damn what Ewood looks like on the tele. I am more bothered about how the team looks on the pitch. I think we will win 3-1 but with the caveat that I don't know what team will be picked.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Far too early to predict anything

Why? It's hardly like all our injuries are going to clear up and TM discover some tactical nous in the next few days? Or are you expecting the Huddersfield squad to all get the clap before Saturday?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't sat that necessarily, I predict we will concede at least 1 goal.

No matter what formation we put out or which players we pick, our defence will be incredibly poor.

Mowbray has to get it right at the other end to ensure we can actually get a goal or 2.

Interesting to see that huddersfield are working hard during the international break, where as our manager has given the players time off. 

As a fan, I know which one I'd rather my team were doing, certainly after a complete and utter no show last time out.

Obviously, if it pays off then fair play but equally it's just more ammo against Mowbray if we get beat.

• Like 1

Might be worth bringing Nyambe in at CB alongside Tosin. Let's face it, Bennett is bulletproof at RB. On the left side, we will probably play Bell, for our sins. Not a lot of option. It's him, Williams, an untried youngster or Downing (more square pegs in round holes). Laughable that Mowbray's allowed us to get into this mess.

11 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

That is Waggott's stated reason for putting the away fans up there. To reduce the atmosphere they create - to reduce any advantage their support may give to their team

Yeah, that will be the reason for having one of the worst defensive records in the EFL, their fans in the wrong tier 

13 hours ago, Amo said:

Might be worth bringing Nyambe in at CB alongside Tosin. Let's face it, Bennett is bulletproof at RB. On the left side, we will probably play Bell, for our sins. Not a lot of option. It's him, Williams, an untried youngster or Downing (more square pegs in round holes). Laughable that Mowbray's allowed us to get into this mess.

Tommie Hoban is Available on a free

• Like 2

• Backroom

To be honest, this is the kind of match Mowbray normally scabs a win from when the pressure is starting to build, releasing the valve a little until the next set of poor results that keep us mired in no man's land. If we lose then I think that may be the beginning of the end though.

With the defenders available, Mowbray has to go for it and play to our strengths - pointless trying to keep it tight even when all available at the back, we are just hopeless at defending as our goals against record testifies.

Nearly always optimistic pre Rovers' matches so I'm going for a 3-2 win with the likes of Holtby, Dack and Rothwell saving Mowbray's skin for at least another week.

Edited by Mercer

On 14/10/2019 at 14:22, BankEnd Rover said:

We will lose this. It will be the beginning of the end for boring Tony.

I'd say Mowbray has a knack of pulling a result out of the bag when he's under pressure.

Sadly, I don't think he's under any pressure yet.

Identikit to Bowyer on that score when there are one or two vultures begin gathering in the sky he seems to kick the team up the arse, set out a positive team and gets them on the front foot.  Result is always a good performance and a win that gets fans drooling again before very quickly reverting to type and letting the groundhog out of its hole again.

Just doing enough seems to be enough over a season at Ewood. Not as daft as they look some of these managers.....and players !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mercer said:

With the defenders available, Mowbray has to go for it and play to our strengths - pointless trying to keep it tight even when all available at the back, we are just hopeless at defending as our goals against record testifies.

Nearly always optimistic pre Rovers' matches so I'm going for a 3-2 win with the likes of Holtby, Dack and Rothwell saving Mowbray's skin for at least another week.

You were saying how they’d d*ck us the other day weren't you?! 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 03:37, chaddyrovers said:

When can we start? noon on Saturday?

I foresee a home loss. For years Rovers have been the most charitable team in England when it comes to handing a new manager an easy win.

• Like 2

• Backroom

We haven't beat Huddersfield in the last 6 attempts. (1 loss, 5 draws)

With our injury problems and their new manager bounce, I see no reason that trend is going to be bucked this weekend. 

3 of the last 4 matches between us ended 1-1.

@Mercer 5-1 odds that score for your bottles of red. Stick it in a treble with England and New Zealand in the early rugby games, and your Sat night is paid for before the 3pm matches even kick off. ?