BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield - Saturday Lunch for Sky

Rover back in action this weekend against a Huddersfield Town team on the rise.  Our visitors had it rough the first couple of months, but have put in a small unbeaten run and just the wrong time for US.  Hoping we can find the winning feeling again this Saturday as we need to start getting more points on the board.

Earlier in the week I caught up with both a Huddersfield Town fan and a Blackburn Rovers supporter (from Bosnia).

Terriers Fan – https://youtu.be/9bIzOEmuRWc

Bosnian Rover – https://youtu.be/Zm6sW-jT5nw

• Like 1

Predictably, it’s injuries that force Mowbray’s hand in shaking up our poor defence. It’s just a shame that the one player from his preferred back 5 who actually looks decent is out. I’m hopeful that the enforced changes will have a positive effect, as is sometimes the case. You’d think his options would be limited, but god only knows who he will play where.

Never happening, but I’d go with a back 4 of

Nyambe     Adarabioyo     Williams    Bell

With a flat 4 in front of them

Bennett         Travis            Holtby     Downing

Wingers who will put a shift in would protect the fullbacks adequately for a change, as well as the midfield pairing.

If Nyambe isn’t getting game time with things as they are currently, he really ought to put in a transfer request for the good of his own career.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Don't be offended Duncan if I report your post merely for suggesting we play Bell.

I realise he will play but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I don’t think he’s much worse than any other option we have there to be honest. I think with a proper, balanced formation, and a lot less expectancy on our full backs he’d improve.

Just now, Miller11 said:

I don’t think he’s much worse than any other option we have there to be honest. I think with a proper, balanced formation, and a lot less expectancy on our full backs he’d improve.

He is in my opinion the worst pro footballer I have seen in a Rovers kit 

Bell was a disgrace against QPR.

Maybe you could say he wasn't prepared to come on because the Cunningham injury wasn't expected but that mentality is absolutely criminal for a so called professional.

I can excuse his limited abilty as he is a 3rd division player and hasn't developed.

I cannot excuse his poor attitude and lack of effort.

Contract is up at the end of the season so needs to move on in January.

• Like 4

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Bell was a disgrace against QPR.

Maybe you could say he wasn't prepared to come on because the Cunningham injury wasn't expected but that mentality is absolutely criminal for a so called professional.

I can excuse his limited abilty as he is a 3rd division player and hasn't developed.

I cannot excuse his poor attitude and lack of effort.

Contract is up at the end of the season so needs to move on in January.

A TM signing for a fee so just watch a run of games at some point an upturn of form and a new deal on the table, i expect exactly the same with Samuel.

Watch this space.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

In my opinion I rate Bell to have a worse attitude than Goulon. Neither are pro level footballers.

Ability-wise, Bell is a million times better than Goulon was in our blue & white shirt. No-one will ever be as bad as Goulon for me. Similarly no striker will ever be as bad as Chris Brown.

Just now, bazza said:

Ability-wise, Bell is a million times better than Goulon was in our blue & white shirt. No-one will ever be as bad as Goulon for me. Similarly no striker will ever be as bad as Chris Brown.

Bell is not a million times better than anybody 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

I wouldn’t even say that’s too harsh. Bell truly is an absolutely horrendous footballer. 

If that were the case Butty then I suggest he would be nowhere near our club.

He was scouted and tracked whilst at Fleetwood and the Rovers management team believed he had potential. Indeed his fellow professionals voted him as the best left back in Div 1 two years ago.

The question is why is he struggling at the moment. Football is very much a confidence thing. He must be lacking in that at the moment and he is in need of support from his manager and the fans.

From what I’ve seen I think there is talent there; I just hope he can show it starting on Saturday.

11 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If a player ever needed a king sized rocket shoved up his backside then it’s Bell. Never seen a more laid back footballer in my life - just goes through the motions without a care in the world.

That attitude runs through the whole club in my opinion.

• Like 7

Bell isn’t good enough if we want to progress (which is a big ‘if’ anyway....) and his lack of desire to close down crosses is unforgivable, but some of the above is over the top. He’d be nowhere near my thoughts if I was asked to name the worst Rovers players I’ve seen.

• Like 1

"Rovers’ record of not coming from behind to win a game since April 2018 is now well known, while they haven’t won at Ewood when the opposition have scored since January 1."

I knew the first stat but didn't realise the second one. Shocking !

Of course Tony's slate was wiped clean with the new season wasn't it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
12 hours ago, bazza said:

Are you forgetting that Edinho Jr started a Premier League game for us, before moving on loan to Semi-Pro Whitehawk?

Still to this day can't get my head around that.

Sharpe speculating that Hart will be in the matchday squad: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17973653.rovers-full-back-make-first-matchday-appearance-14-months/

To make a rather bold (and perhaps hopelessly optimistic) proposal: could this be his chance to breakthrough?

I know he didn't impress all that much in his limited appearances a couple years ago, and some have thus already written him off (I have sympathies both ways: writing off a lad at 21 years old is harsh, but fans can also be too forgiving of youngsters when they simply don't have 'it'), but he did impress in preseason and a total of 32 appearances in League One (where it seems reviews of him were generally positive from Rochdale and Southend fans?) is actually decent pedigree for a young player...

Hardly ideal to rest our hopes on him (I guess we need to muddle through with Hart and Bell until January...), but I just have a feeling that Hart could take this opportunity...

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Are you forgetting that Edinho Jr started a Premier League game for us, before moving on loan to Semi-Pro Whitehawk?

Still to this day can't get my head around that.

Aye. Those five (five!) Portuguese youngsters were quite a low point. In fairness, I recall Fabio Nunes was actually half decent (and it seems he's the only one managing a semi-decent career, currently playing in the Portuguese 2nd tier after a decent run in their 1st tier)

For the curious:

Fabio Nunes is currently in the Portuguese 2nd tier with Farense (with stops in the Italian 2nd tier, Portuguese 1st tier, and Greek 1st tier)

Paolo Jorge is currently in the Portuguese 3rd tier with Espinho (with stops in the German 4th tier and Romanian 2nd tier)

Edinho Junior was playing in the Portuguese 3rd tier with Ferreiras last year (with stops in the USA 2nd tier, Portuguese 2nd tier, the German 4th tier, and the Romanian 1st tier) but currently appears to be without a club. (Note his only two appearances with us were in the Championship and League Cup back in 12-13)

Diogo Rosado was playing in the Romanian 2nd tier last year, but appears to be without a club. (Has had stops in the Portuguese 1st tier, French 2nd tier, Cypriot 1st tier, the Angolan 1st tier (???), and the Romanian 1st tier)

Nuno Henrique is playing in the Portuguese 3rd tier with Lusitania (with stops in the Portuguese 1st and 2nd tiers and the Polish 1st tier)

Dare I suggest dodgy agents may have had a hand in their careers...

While Brown's overall production was obviously atrocious, Dare I suggest he actually managed a few decent appearances as a hold up striker? I have a vague recollection of him doing some excellent work against Charlton away, as one brief shining example... Not to defend his overall tenure, but I wouldn't put him down as the worst we've seen! (okay, I'm done making daft suggestions :))

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

That attitude runs through the whole club in my opinion.

Won't find me arguing with that one, Mark! Is evident in the stats above too. I bloody hope we come out of the traps quickly on Saturday - for too long have we heard constant guff from management and players following a poor run, and then failed to back it up on the pitch.

• Like 1