BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield - Saturday Lunch for Sky

16 minutes ago, Madon said:

Are you forgetting that Edinho Jr started a Premier League game for us, before moving on loan to Semi-Pro Whitehawk?

Still to this day can't get my head around that.

It was a championship game against Leicester that he started, which we actually won!

But yes the general point still remains. Very strange.

So many players I would put below Bell as worst ever footballer at this club. Many have been described above.

Lets not forget the 1 million kid Jordan Slew who now plays for Boston Utd in the National League North aged just 27. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

It was a championship game against Leicester that he started, which we actually won!

But yes the general point still remains. Very strange.

My bad! Still absolutely bloody bonkers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frosty said:

Bell isn’t good enough if we want to progress (which is a big ‘if’ anyway....) and his lack of desire to close down crosses is unforgivable, but some of the above is over the top. He’d be nowhere near my thoughts if I was asked to name the worst Rovers players I’ve seen.

One of the main roles of a full back is to prevent the ball being played from wide areas into the penalty box. Bottle up that flank and anything else is a bonus.

We've had so many crap players in the Venky's era I wouldn't like to single one out. Prior to that I thought that Ashley Ward and Christian " Bloody " Dailly were both awful.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

If that were the case Butty then I suggest he would be nowhere near our club.

He was scouted and tracked whilst at Fleetwood and the Rovers management team believed he had potential. Indeed his fellow professionals voted him as the best left back in Div 1 two years ago.

The question is why is he struggling at the moment. Football is very much a confidence thing. He must be lacking in that at the moment and he is in need of support from his manager and the fans.

From what I’ve seen I think there is talent there; I just hope he can show it starting on Saturday.

I don’t subscribe to the idea of Bell being as poor as people are saying but I was surprised that he got into that L1 team. I seem to remember him being on the bench for us for long spells in that first half season. (As per the Mowbray norm).

I hope that if Bell is picked for Saturday, he manages a mediocre performance. That will be an improvement on what he has produced so far and will upgrade my opinion of him. Come Saturday afternoon I hope I will be able to type :- Ding dong what a performance.

Edited by rigger

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So many players I would put below Bell as worst ever footballer at this club. Many have been described above.

Lets not forget the 1 million kid Jordan Slew who now plays for Boston Utd in the National League North aged just 27. 

Slew left Boston at the end of last season. He was in trial at Chorley a few weeks back - had a decent game for their development squad. This weekend he turned out for Ashton United v Lancaster in the Northern Premier.

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Slew left Boston at the end of last season. He was in trial at Chorley a few weeks back - had a decent game for their development squad. This weekend he turned out for Ashton United v Lancaster in the Northern Premier.

At least he tries to keep playing so he must love the game and surely he isn't skint unless a large slice of his signing on fee from the 1 million pound transfer and his overblown contract found its way elsewhere.....

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

What has the maths lesson got to do with the discussion?

Seriously? Well, here goes.

Bazza said Bell was a million times better than Goulon.

You said Bell is not a million times better than anyone.

My diplomatic conclusion is that,  in a sense, you are both right.

...because, I thought it was well established that Goulon was worth nothing ( in terms of contribution to BRFC).....

Well, it is more interesting than the current Blackburn Rovers...

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Seriously? Well, here goes.

Bazza said Bell was a million times better than Goulon.

You said Bell is not a million times better than anyone.

My diplomatic conclusion is that,  in a sense, you are both right.

...because, I thought it was well established that Goulon was worth nothing ( in terms of contribution to BRFC).....

Well, it is more interesting than the current Blackburn Rovers...

To tell the truth this may be off topic. But I am not bothered about poor players we have had in the past. But the merits of the players in our present squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

To tell the truth this may be off topic. But I am not bothered about poor players we have had in the past. But the merits of the players in our present squad.

It seemed clear to me that the reason they got mentioned in the first place was because posters are conscious that we are so shit at the minute...and we are!

On 16/10/2019 at 23:48, Butty said:

I wouldn’t even say that’s too harsh. Bell truly is an absolutely horrendous footballer. 

I’ve seen on Twitter that James Wilkinson has posted a photo of this post and had a go. If you’ve got a problem James then why not come on here and bring it up rather than posting it on twitter? You obviously read the forum... If you think I’ve been overly harsh on Bell then I’ll accept that but come on man. If Bell has a worldie on Saturday then I’ll be more than happy but for me, Cunningham getting injured and Bell stepping in as his replacement is going to cost us points over the next few months, points we simply cannot afford to be dropping. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I’ve seen on Twitter that James Wilkinson has posted a photo of this post and had a go. If you’ve got a problem James then why not come on here and bring it up rather than posting it on twitter? You obviously read the forum... If you think I’ve been overly harsh on Bell then I’ll accept that but come on man. If Bell has a worldie on Saturday then I’ll be more than happy but for me, Cunningham getting injured and Bell stepping in as his replacement is going to cost us points over the next few months, points we simply cannot afford to be dropping. 

To be fair, Bell has been shocking for us, defensively negligent, flattering to deceive going forward and half hearted and at times cowardly in the process. He has proven over a period of time that he is quite frankly incompetent and symptomatic of exactly why we concede so many goals. 

• Like 2

Not dreading tomorrow as much as Preston but not looking forward at all, it shouldn't bloody be like this especially after a stinking international break which I truly hate.

It's as simple as this for me, 3 games for Mowbray to save his job. 0 points and he simply HAS to go. 3 points he's skating on extremely thin ice still. 4 just about acceptable. Anything more than that I'd be both delighted but amazed.

As bobbins as Bell is, hope people don't start dishing out abuse/boos it's just pointless.

If they score first and early tomorrow I think it could end up embarrassing. 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Team will be interesting.

Only certainty's are that Bennett, Downing, Armstrong & Dack will all play. Rothwell won't play, then the rest of the selection/formation will be anyones guess.

Can probably add Walton to the 'will' play list - at this rate though, he might be in defense.

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Only certainty's are that Bennett, Downing, Armstrong & Dack will all play. Rothwell won't play, then the rest of the selection/formation will be anyones guess.

Only certainty’s I ever go for in a Mowbray team, Bennett’s inclusion aside, is that there will be circa 3-5 players out of position.

I'm fully expecting Mowbray to be ultra cautious with us having a lot of the ball in our defensive third. Dack will get frustrated and drop deep. We will concede the first goal and Mowbray will be lost, panic and play an unfathomable system to try and get a goal. And then he will blame injuries.

My faith in Mowbray is extremely low.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Toshin and Bell definately playing, going off the LT piece.

Obviously the club PR are reading this thread and concerns over Bell's (in)capability. Mowbray addressing the concerns so we can all feel reassured.