BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield - Saturday Lunch for Sky

Bennett had a good game against Millwall, not great, good.

He was still booed by some fans in the BBE before, during and after the game. They paid no attention to what he did. They cheered when he got injured (both times).

So I have no doubt how they will treat him tomorrow. And Bell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sabino said:

He was still booed by some fans in the BBE before, during and after the game. They paid no attention to what he did. They cheered when he got injured (both times).

Was that  because of what he posted on twitter? 

13 minutes ago, sabino said:

I can honestly say that I have never heard anything like that in the Blackburn End so can only presume it was inaudible to him. Booing everytime he got the ball? By how many?

This narrative of our fans not supporting our own players on match days is one that I am oblivious too. Criticising on here on social media is fine, its the place to do it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sabino said:

So I have no doubt how they will treat him tomorrow.

Fake news. Blackburn end booing Bennett? Have a day off mate.

• Like 5

Really nervous about this game tomorrow, injuries are obviously a major concern and another defeat would pretty much end any playoff aspirations, meaning our season is over in mid October imo. However a good performance and the three points might help kick us on and put another decent run together. All will be revealed at 5pm tomorrow. I'd go. 

Walton 

Nyambe

Downing 

Tosin

Del

Johnson

Travis

Rothwell 

Dack

Holtby

Armstrong 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So if you put £5 on Hudds to win you get £16 back plus your stake ? I never bet against Rovers and I won't be doing now but that is a really good bet in my opinion.

Yes, if you put £5 on Huddersfield it returns £21.

If you put £5 on Rovers it returns nothing.

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I can honestly say that I have never heard anything like that in the Blackburn End so can only presume it was inaudible to him. Booing everytime he got the ball? By how many?

This narrative of our fans not supporting our own players on match days is one that I am oblivious too. Criticising on here on social media is fine, its the place to do it. 

I never said he was booed EVERYTIME he got the ball, you did. But I can assure you that both my son and I I heard it.

BTW, Specsavers now do hearing aids?

My 6 year old grandson even has a hearing aid with the BRFC crest on it!

Playing the race card now. I think that’s an absolutely outrageous claim personally! Saying your fellow supporters are racist ? A lot of people have rightly taken offence at this tweet... Jason Lowe and Keith Andrews, that’s all that needs to be said on that utterly mental tweet. Think Jim is losing his marbles! 

27CE2E30-B4D6-466B-9514-2FFAA0BA3C6D.png

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Playing the race card now. I think that’s an absolutely outrageous claim personally! ? Jason Lowe and Keith Andrews, that’s all that needs to be said on that point. Think Jim is losing his marbles! 

That is quite the outrageous claim. 

Lowe, Andrews like you say, then Chris Brown, Danny Murphy, Luke Varney, Jason Wilcox, Bradley Orr, the list goes on. 

Players get stick for their performances (or lack of) on the pitch no matter their skin colour.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Butty said:

Playing the race card now. I think that’s an absolutely outrageous claim personally! Saying your fellow supporters are racist ? A lot of people have rightly taken offence at this tweet... Jason Lowe and Keith Andrews, that’s all that needs to be said on that utterly mental tweet. Think Jim is losing his marbles! 

If he wasn't useless? Terrible at football? Scared to tackle? Positionally atrocious? No, probably wouldn't get as much stick if that was the case. Unfortunately all true and nothing to do with his skin colour, he just isn't Championship standard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

What a load of crap, doesn't he post crap on here as well? Was it him who was offended by the word 'Pal' if so, this doesn't surprise me.

Off the top of my head I could name Chris Samba, The Axe, Bennie McCarthy and Steven Reid as BAME players that all achieved cult-like status with the Ewood faithful at the time they played for us. The colour of a players' skin has never been a problem for as long as I have been following Rovers. Jim Wilkinson is a hawk; he's no better than 98% of the journalists out there in that his dull nature requires outrage to attract readership. A brief read of his twitter tells you what you need to know about the man- he attempts to up his readership by targeting the content of others, with no chance of reply. An opportunist and one that should have been banned a long time ago.

Amari'i Bell is a bad player because he is a bad player not because he is black.

Ask Tugay (Muslim) or Samba if this club has a problem with racism. 

• Like 2

Just now, old darwen blue said:

This was a disgrace no doubt about it, but in the case of Bell I’ve seen numerous people criticise him harshly in terms of his ability as a footballer. Jim’s tweet implies that Bell gets criticised because of his skin colour and with so many people critical of Bell that’s a lot of people he’s claiming are racist, not just one person. Every club has its idiots of course but I’ve not seen anyone criticise Bell for anything other than being a poor footballer, to bring race into it is absurd. 

53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So if you put £5 on Hudds to win you get £16 back plus your stake ? I never bet against Rovers and I won't be doing now but that is a really good bet in my opinion.

Correct. Strange one as Huddersfield have got a few good results recently and appear to be ramping up under their new manager whilst we tread water with the good human. 

I've no qualms betting against Rovers so will be sticking a few quid on it.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

In case you missed it the first time around.....

Jim is banned for doing exactly that, as users have no right of reply. Personally, I believed this to be quite cowardly.

As well as making personal remarks about the moderating team on Twitter, again, where many of us have no right of reply.

Hi Jim.... as you're obviously reading this , I'd be happy to meet you in person at any home game, buy you a beverage of your choice and we can discuss any concerns you may have about this forum, or posters contained within.

Including why you believe the moderating team to be 'squabbling jackasses' and are all 'socially inept', despite having never met me.

Thanks.

Think it’s pretty certain he won’t meet you,  hides behind the keyboard, He asked Waggot to ring him re him buying a season ticket which he did, but never went to meet him, just an attention seeking person, who’s come out with saying the Bell comments are racist, which is disgusting. 

• Like 1