BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield - Saturday Lunch for Sky

Not every win is in spite of the manager and not every defeat is because of the manager but today was down to Tony.

4-5-1 at home to Huddersfield

Bennett playing at all

Bennett at left back (lead directly to the first)

Taking our best player off for the donkey

9 mins later taking Downing off for Evans the only player able to utilise said donkey.

Then there’s bigger picture errors like Walton who was quite pathetic. 

• Like 8

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Time for Leutwiler to be given the gloves until January when we can get a proper keeper in. Walton has had his chance and shown absolutely nothing to persevere with especially as he isn't our player. Gallagher is a plodder and should be nowhere near the 18 on a matchday. All that money spent in the summer and the only 2 who have done anything for us are a couple of freebies ?

Problem is Leutwiler's no improvement. Raya had his share of critics but he at least made some top drawer saves now and again. Walton's a definite downgrade. 

• Like 2

Walton was summed up by that nonsense in injury time.

Our free kick, they booted the ball away in the general direction of our keeper, he literally watched it for about 10 seconds until he was bawled at by our players to get it. He then walked off from the ball when the players were expecting him to launch it.

He eventually hit a half arsed ball to no one.

Edited by Mattyblue

I feel for the familys and lads and lases  who paye good money too watch this  crap  . I take my hat off too you all, ive stopped  going untill  TM is gone i don't  like the football and his bloody mindedness on Bennett , Evans  winds me up. The Keeper isn't  better then one he let go. Johnson legs have gone and he can't  get round midfield . What a waste of the summer transfer  window

• Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

Problem is Leutwiler's no improvement. Raya had his share of critics but he at least made some top drawer saves now and again. Walton's a definite downgrade. 

100% Raya should never have been sold if we were to be left with Walton, Leutwiler and a couple of million quid in his place. No manager worth his salt let's that happen willingly. But we have got what we have and Walton is shocking, if Raya was bad enough to be dropped last season (He wasn't, imo) according to Mowbray then i'm sorry Walton deserves the same treatment.

• Like 4

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

100% Raya should never have been sold if we were to be left with Walton, Leutwiler and a couple of million quid in his place. No manager worth his salt let's that happen willingly. But we have got what we have and Walton is shocking, if Raya was bad enough to be dropped last season (He wasn't, imo) according to Mowbray then i'm sorry Walton deserves the same treatment.

Yeah, I see your point, no player should be undroppable after a blunder like that. Just don't think Leutwiler will make us any better.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Walton was summed up by that nonsense in injury time.

Our free kick, they booted the ball away in the general direction of our keeper, he literally watched it for about 10 seconds until he was bawled at by our players to get it. He then walked off from the ball when the players were expecting him to launch it.

He eventually hit a half arsed ball to no one.

He’s done similar in games we’ve been behind in he just doesn’t look that interested 

So we started with 2 centre backs, 2 holding midfielders, a right winger at left wing back, a left winger, one player to occupy the entire right hand side, three false 9s and no striker.

Penalty? In this day and age they are given sadly. The rules seem to have been rewritten so any contact entitles a player to jump on the floor and win a foul. Not exclusive to this ref, game or player, just a symptom of the modern game.

They gifted us a way back in with a stupid ball across the back 4, another scourge on the modern game that any player attempting to do 20 years ago would’ve been roasted for. Their generosity didn’t end there as they collapsed for the remainder of the first half, and we looked like we could capitalise.

Holtby and Nyambe were really impressive. I doubt either would have been near the pitch if we didn’t have the injuries we do. Same goes for Adarabioyo who looks a huge upgrade on Lenihan. The amount of ground Nyambe was expected to cover was ridiculous - he did the job of two players. He was also the outlet for the long diagonal ball with Graham and Gallagher not selected. Holtby is just pure quality. Expect one or both of these to be dropped next week.

Had we took off Armstrong (ha, as if Tony ever would) and replaced him with Graham on 60 mins I’m confident we’d have won the game. Instead they made a substitution to change the game, while Mowbray waited and reacted with his trademark head scratching changes that do more harm than good.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The reason we didn’t get all three points isn’t mistake but it does begin with ‘M’.

I agree that Mowbray needs to pull a run of results together quickly or his position as manager should come under question, but today we were done by a disgraceful dive/referee and a howler from the keeper. It find it hard to blame The manager for today

I think the time has come for Mowbray to go. He has taken us as far as he can. The defending is shocking. Players out of position. Half a dozen changes from one game to the next. Johnson slower that a snail in midfield. A 3 foot 6 striker up top on his own. After all that our leading goalscorer from last season watches from the bench. The guy has lost the plot...Time for him to go. Make no mistake this is a relegation battle we are in...Teams that need to score 3 or 4 goals to win a game go down...

Edited by Doogs
  • Like 3

A curates egg of a performance, lots of good and bad in equal measure and I thought a draw was fair but underpinning all that why the hell did Mowbray take Holtby off? Mowbray has a litany of poor decisions here but that is up there with any. With that went our spark, the one player who could come up with a defence splitting pass was on the bench and our creativity gone. Dack was shocking in the second half and should have gone. And Gallagher ahead of Graham? Do me a favour. The cross of the game from the left came in at the right height and with pace. A good striker thrives on balls like this but we saw it glance off Gallaghers head and our of play. I thought Nyambe was great today and almost played like a winger in the second half.

One real concern was how tired some players looked late on. The week off really worked.

• Like 5

Just now, arbitro said:

A curates egg of a performance, lots of good and bad in equal measure and I thought a draw was fair but underpinning all that why the hell did Mowbray take Holtby off? Mowbray has a litany of poor decisions here but that is up there with any. With that went our spark, the one player who could come up with a defence splitting pass was on the bench and our creativity gone. Dack was shocking in the second half and should have gone. And Gallagher ahead of Graham? Do me a favour. The cross of the game from the left came in at the right height and with pace. A good striker thrives on balls like this but we saw it glance off Gallaghers head and our of play. I thought Nyambe was great today and almost played like a winger in the second half.

One real concern was how tired some players looked late on. The week off really worked.

And you’ve not even mentioned the worse bit. Bringing on Evans! The silence spoke volumes. The crowd is going to turn soon.

Cant believe with 23 minutes left we didn’t bring Graham on.

I don’t see where the wins are coming from. I wouldn’t trust Mowbray to address our shortcomings in the January window, and right now I’m even more fearful of falling into a relegation battle.

• Like 3

Decent game and result all told but on further inspection the usual mumbo jumbo and lack of bottle or nous from the manager and players who just aren't capable of anything more than 15 good mins per game.

Logical choice at LB given the circumstances would've been Downing and you could see why as Bennett although unfortunate with the pen looked like he was going to get roasted all afternoon.  Not his fault of course and he stuck to it well but on the other side Nyambe proved why Mowbrays silly petty favouritism doesn't help his cause.

No surprise to me Dack and Holtby linked up well this is when tends to happen when you actually start with your better more intelligent players.

Johnsons a good player but looks shot after 20 mins every game so you can see why he's ended up here. If he wants an Indian summer here - no pun intended- he should quit the ale and get himself fit. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Not going to read everyone’s views on this game.

Its ok playing pretty possession football but you need an end product, Tony we didn’t have one.

More defensive calamity defending cost us, Bennett’s incompetence and The defence backing off again.

Tonys love in with Bennett needs finishing, he is costing us dearly.

Tosin was class alongside Williams.

Armstrong and the diddymen were disjointed upfront, we needed height and guile of a centre forward someone with ounces of class TM left him on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

I agree that Mowbray needs to pull a run of results together quickly or his position as manager should come under question, but today we were done by a disgraceful dive/referee and a howler from the keeper. It find it hard to blame The manager for today

That’s a cop out. The referee wasn’t great, but despite that we should be winning that game. (His favourite)Square pegs in round holes again and piss poor subs. It’s down to the manager. Yet again. 

• Like 2

A draw was probably a fair result in the end.  We had the better of the first half and played some excellent football at times.  I thought Holtby was different class and Nyambe a constant threat down the right.  Downing continues to use the ball with intelligence and we ought to make more of what he brings to the team.  I thought there was a period of 20 to 25 minutes in that first half when we played some our best football of the season.

The second half was very much in the QPR mould when we looked slow, ponderous in midfield and fragile in defence.  It was worrying how slow we looked over the final stages and when Huddersfield equalised our confidence seemed to drain away.  At the moment our confidence is very fragile both individually and as a team.

There is a lot of work for Mowbray to do and hopefully he can turn it around over the coming weeks.

• Like 4

I think the fitness of the team comes into question yet again and after a two week break that's not good enough by a long chalk.  It's also fair to assume that had the graft been put in the last few weeks that shouldn't be the case.

• Like 2

Huddersfield quite correctly focused on our main defensive weak link - Bennett. He saves many of his mess-ups as he does still have good recovery.

For all the space this provided Nyambe with how many crosses did he put in? or telling passes. Huddersfield gave him the freedom to push forward.

I saw many instances of him in space, check back and pass back.

I am not faulting Nyambe who I like and who is following Mowbray's instructions to the letter on positional play.

In the first half, I thought we were on to score at least 4 . The 2nd half a complete revelation on how to miss manage the game and our assets.

If only the owners knew anything about football or running a club, sadly they are fuckwits so Mowbray will remain to build his personal empire.

• Like 3

Johnson looked out of it well before halftime. Dack virtually invisible 2nd half, fatigue maybe but our better players being removed by Mowbray doesn't help and he had scored and assisted by then anyway.

Walton is poor and Gallagher, well, a footballer he is not.

Armstrong as a CF? I may as well piss into the wind.

Referee - I often wonder what satisfaction they get out of a job they do so poorly. I do not fault him on the penalty, it was harsh but Bennett did have a couple of nibbles at the diving Hudds player. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For all the space this provided Nyambe with how many crosses did he put in? or telling passes. Huddersfield gave him the freedom to push forward.

I saw many instances of him in space, check back and pass back.

I am not faulting Nyambe who I like and who is following Mowbray's instructions to the letter on positional play.

How many instances of him getting completely rinsed by the opposition winger?  Feckin none mate.  You are focusing on his attacking qualities for some reason.

Nyambe shits all over Bennett defensively and in my opinion is a much better attacker anyway. So, there’s no comparison at all, Mowbray isn’t doing what’s best for the club so I want him out.