BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cringiest moments in Rovers history?

7 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Venkys have ensured that their reign has been far too cringeworthy for existential reasons but I have one form a few years back.

I think it was during Rovers first Sky Monday night game. My memory is hazy but it was an evening game, and it was probably Sky too due to the sheer embarrassment of it all.

They brought out a cheerleading crew at half time, along with some two-bit singer nobody had heard of. The poor cheerleaders weren't very good. The girl's song was bad too. She could sing but the song was crap.

Anyway, in true football form Ewood en masse started booing and drowned the poor girl out, then the Blackburn End started with the all too predictable "get your tits out for the lads" over and over.

Crigneworthy. Who thought that it was a good idea wanted sacking.

Cheerleaders, what about the dude one? 

• Like 2

Good thread!

In terms of what the rest of the football world must have thought of us, for me it is Shearer getting booed on his return. For what he did for us he should have received a ten minute standing ovation.

That incident showed a lack of class that I have never seen anywhere else. I can’t honestly remember another club’s fans booing an ex superstar on his return. No doubt someone will provide an example (maybe Michael Owen at Anfield for United?) but this guy was a major reason why our dreams came true in 1995.

Embarrassing defeats etc have happened to everyone at various points in their history, so Rovers are no different on that score. 

Post Venkys - well I wouldn’t know where to start!

• Like 3

• Backroom

Whilst the whole trip won’t be remembered fondly, most of us that went to Pune tried to talk some sense into the owners re Kean and the future (Albeit fighting against an Agnew current)

However I felt painful levels of cringe when one person was interviewed and claimed we could win the league again under their ownership, played right into the narrative and of course made TV interviews

Just now, Tom said:

Whilst the whole trip won’t be remembered fondly, most of us that went to Pune tried to talk some sense into the owners re Kean and the future (Albeit fighting against an Agnew current)

However I felt painful levels of cringe when one person was interviewed and claimed we could win the league again under their ownership, played right into the narrative and of course made TV interviews

They must have been talking about winning whatever they call the old Third Division these days. After all we did come second.

Just now, rickard said:

kean thinking Leon Worst would fire us to promotion...

I was taking about the poorest players we've seen in the blue and white. I'd forgotten about him. He made Ashley Ward look like Christiano Ronaldo !

Back on cringe making ----- that interview after the Wigan relegation game when that snivelling player who I will not name came on TV and defended The Snake. That was truly cringeworthy.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

Just now, K-Hod said:

Just hidden any responses to 47er’s post about the first female prime minister. Any future responses will also be hidden. 

Keep the threads on topic please.

I can understand why you've done this, but playing devils advocate a couple of folk (me included) have mentioned the booing of Shearer as a 'cringy' moment. If someone posted that they disagreed with this, and gave their reasons, would you also hide all those replies? 

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I can understand why you've done this, but playing devils advocate a couple of folk (me included) have mentioned the booing of Shearer as a 'cringy' moment. If someone posted that they disagreed with this, and gave their reasons, would you also hide all those replies? 

Thinks its best to nip political arguments in the bud as they can derail a thread faster than wild fire. Interested to see the views though - perhaps a MT thread in the non-footballing side of the forum?

Edited by JacknOry

• Moderation Lead
Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Probably not tbh, but Jackanory has basically explained it for me. 

Just keen to keep politics out of the football thread....

(More than happy for such a thread to exist in ICBINF though ?). 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

Thinks its best to nip political arguments in the bud as they can derail a thread faster than wild fire.

This pretty much. Disagreements about Shearer would still be Rovers/football related. Discussion about politics not so much and they also get heated very quickly.

14 hours ago, 47er said:

Appointing Margaret Thatcher as Vice-President of the Club.

As I disagreed with this post my reply was hidden. In the interests of equality this post should also be hidden otherwise it’s quite clear which political direction this thread is allowed to go. 

• Backroom
Just now, old darwen blue said:

As I disagreed with this post my reply was hidden. In the interests of equality this post should also be hidden otherwise it’s quite clear which political direction this thread is allowed to go. 

I've opted to unhide the responses from you and 47er in relation to that post, but that needs to be the end of the political discussion re: Thatcher. Thanks.

Edited by DE.

• Backroom
Just now, old darwen blue said:

Thanks, democracy speaks. I wonder if Khod would have done the same?

I don't disagree with K-Hod hiding those posts to be honest, as I know it wouldn't have been done based on any political bias - just to clean up the thread. When you're having to hide a lot of posts that have gone off topic then it's always possible some may be unhidden upon further review, 

No more conversation about this though please - back to cringey Rovers moments. 

Just now, DE. said:

I don't disagree with K-Hod hiding those posts to be honest, as I know it wouldn't have been done based on any political bias - just to clean up the thread. When you're having to hide a lot of posts that have gone off topic then it's always possible some may be unhidden upon further review, 

No more conversation about this though please - back to cringey Rovers moments. 

Fair enough, my last reply on the matter. It’s just that if someone posts a point of view I don’t have a problem with that. If admin then hide any replies but leave the original post then that sends a message out.