BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cringiest moments in Rovers history?

48 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

The Alan Spratley incident at Ewood and the Jim Brown one a few years later. 

Rovers fans, chanting Kingsley Read's Blue and White Army on the London underground in the 70's.

Paul Agnew saying on Radio Lancs that  " the emergence of Jason Lowe" was the reason for Salgado losing his place....

Rovers fans singing "Where were you at Aberfan " to Cardiff fans.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

The Alan Spratley incident at Ewood and the Jim Brown one a few years later. 

Rovers fans, chanting Kingsley Read's Blue and White Army on the London underground in the 70's.

Paul Agnew saying on Radio Lancs that  " the emergence of Jason Lowe" was the reason for Salgado losing his place....

"Such a great club, ruined by dark business."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

Rovers fans singing "Where were you at Aberfan " to Cardiff fans.

This is one moment that as stuck with me for a long time ,I was at the game and I can still see the anger in the Cardiff fans faces ..If they could have got the the Rovers fans who were singing it god knows what they would have done..

• 2 weeks later...

There are far stronger (even unpostable) words than cringeworthy to describe the more darker going on at the club in past and present times.

With that in mind the most cringeworthy thing I've seen have been Ben Brereton's cameos. You just wanted the guy to do well and yet every sub appearance quickly became some kind of cringefest (very literally) - miscontrol, fall over....total cringe. May as well have been Ben Affleck out there.

Though I can't wait till he comes back from injury (hopefully soon)and helps us on Moob's Magical 10 game winning streak.

1 hour ago, elwaxo said:

Roy Keane, i think with him Rovers could have maybe won a few more titles, but who knows. It definitely stung though that one, I remember hearing on the radio that he was as good as signed...

It's embarrassing to think of the players we've let slip down the years: Roy Keane, Zinedine Zidane, Christophe Dugarry, John Carew, Patrik Andersson, Shay Given, Robert Lewandowski, probably more I'm forgetting.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2019 at 22:48, Oldgregg86 said:

When shearer got booed

Yep. That was when we all realised that we were, ultimately and forever, a small town club. Nothing wrong with that, but it was still a let down after the previous six years. What a dividing line, though.

This was when not just BRFCS died, but when Blackburn died. Since then, we've had Panorama episodes on Shad and on us being the most racially divided town in the country.

It's an arbitrary date. but it works. Blackburn's been dying a slow death ever since.

• Like 1

Ohh god there has been a few, off top of my head and I’m aware a lot has been covered already, 

shebby singh

signing myles Anderson’s son

souness’s men vs boys comment about Celtic only to get spanked in the second leg

batterings by Man Utd and arsenal 7-0ish

flitcroft being the footballer that was named by the sun as trying to get an injunction as he was playing away with a stripper 

Yorke and Cole looking like strangers when they were expected to recreate their Man Utd days 

and currently, empty stadium when on sky cameras 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Ohh god there has been a few, off top of my head and I’m aware a lot has been covered already, 

shebby singh

souness’s men vs boys comment about Celtic only to get spanked in the second leg

flitcroft being the footballer that was named by the sun as trying to get an injunction as he was playing away with a stripper 

Yorke and Cole looking like strangers when they were expected to recreate their Man Utd days 

Celtic fans have peddled this myth for years. Souness didn't say anything of the sort. Your point is still valid, it was cringeworthy, but Souness was not guilty. It was Gary Flitcroft who went public with that remark. I know Flitcroft 'claimed' that Souey had said it in the dressing room but he denied even doing that (which actually would have been okay in the privacy of the dressing room anyway). As I recall Souness actually kept a surprisingly low profile during that tie, given his background. Flitty got a bollocking off him as well, for his troubles, by all accounts.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4880340/celtic-rangers-reward-attacking-europe-kris-boyd/

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Celtic had a decent team back then. Were they better than us man-for-man? I'm not so sure.

One of the worst results of my life that one. I was married to a Celtic season ticket holder and one of my sons was a Celtic fan and the other a Rovers fan. We did pass them off the park in Glasgow without creating much but they did a number on us at Ewood, for sure. I would say that the two teams were fairly evenly matched but their Swedish number 7 was the difference between us. Larsson was different gravy.

• Like 2

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

One of the worst results of my life that one. I was married to a Celtic season ticket holder and one of my sons was a Celtic fan and the other a Rovers fan. We did pass them off the park in Glasgow without creating much but they did a number on us at Ewood, for sure. I would say that the two teams were fairly evenly matched but their Swedish number 7 was the difference between us. Larsson was different gravy.

Sutton sitting on Tugay in the second game stopped us playing.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sutton sitting on Tugay in the second game stopped us playing.

Indeed, and two pieces of magic from Larsson undid us, one in each leg. I seem to recall Cole missing an early good chance to level the tie at Ewood then they left us needing 3 to win shortly afterwards. Still didn't think they would have made it all the way to the final though, in all honesty.

22 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

shebby singh

OMG! Things are worse than I thought! :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Indeed, and two pieces of magic from Larsson undid us, one in each leg. I seem to recall Cole missing an early good chance to level the tie at Ewood then they left us needing 3 to win shortly afterwards. Still didn't think they would have made it all the way to the final though, in all honesty.

But that first game amazed me where Celtic couldn't get out of their own half for long periods. How we didn't win that two-legged tie is beyond me.