BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cringiest moments in Rovers history?

Venkys doing a firework display to celebrate Diwali after they've taken the meat pies out of Blackburn. There have been worse times like the buggers showing up in Roverland but the heartless bastards don't mind taken the piss with their self-absorption. Tell them and Waggott to do one from a long-lost friend

• Like 1

Head in hands moments...

Losing 3-0 at home to Spurs under Christian Gross, then travelling back having to listen to my Spurs supporting mate get through to 606 to say how bad we must be to lose to them.

Watching Ashley Ward, Paul Dickov and Nathan Blake so soon after Shearer.

Forest fans enjoying the prospect of us bringing on Darren Peacock.

On 31/10/2019 at 22:31, Oldgregg86 said:

Can someone explain the Cardiff fans and London Underground . I don’t know anything about any of that

The Rovers fans were goading the Cardiff fans over the Aberfan disaster in which over a 100 primary school children perished. The London underground was about support for Kingsley Read, a local politician who became leader of the National front. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hanks said:

The Rovers fans were goading the Cardiff fans over the Aberfan disaster in which over a 100 primary school children perished. The London underground was about support for Kingsley Read, a local politician who became leader of the National front. 

WTF??

That kind of shit makes me ashamed to be a human being, let alone a Rovers fan.

:( 

• Like 3

Some on here will disagree with this, but the booing of Mahoney every time he returns to Ewood, really grinds my gears and makes me cringe. 

The lad got offered the chance to play at a top flight club or start the season in League 1, with us. Like he was ever going stay with us. It might not have worked out at Bournemouth, but with the way Mowbray constantly changes our changes our team, it probably wouldn’t have worked out here. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 2

Just now, scotchrover said:

Some on here will disagree with this, but the booing of Mahoney every time he returns to Ewood, really grinds my gears and makes me cringe. 

The lad got offered the chance to play at a top flight club or start the season in League 1, with us. Like he was ever going stay with us. It might not have worked out at Bournemouth, but with the way Mowbray constantly changes our changes our team, it probably wouldn’t have worked out here. 

Agreed. Mahoney bailing out was sensible, Mowbray would have ruined him.

• Like 2

On 31/10/2019 at 14:45, oldjamfan1 said:

I would say that the two teams were fairly evenly matched but their Swedish number 7 was the difference between us. Larsson was different gravy.

An unbelievably gifted footballer. One of only a few Celtic players since the 1970s that would have made their 1967 team. Dalglish, McGrain, McNicholas and McStay being the others (in my humble opinion). It would be interesting to hear opinions from your family/friends on this Andy!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

An unbelievably gifted footballer. One of only a few Celtic players since the 1970s that would have made their 1967 team. Dalglish, McGrain, McNicholas and McStay being the others (in my humble opinion). It would be interesting to hear opinions from your family/friends on this Andy!

Danny McGrain was one of the best right backs I ever saw. A Rolls-Royce of a full back.

• Like 2

On 16/10/2019 at 18:46, OldEwoodBlue said:

That game against Man U where neither team tried to attack or get the ball. Both teams with 11 men in their own half passing it about running the clock down.

Batty and Le Saux fighting whilst the world watched on TV.

Great call and possibly a forgotten event by some. From Issue 91 of 4,000 Holes:

Rovers 1–1 Man United (May 2011)

And so to the Nichtangriffspakt von Ewood – yet another shameful episode during the Steve Kean era which happened blatantly in front of our eyes and the Sky TV cameras as United won a record-equalling 19th league title at Ewood. That it should happen on the most significant date in our modern-day his­tory (14th May) is a further blemish as United were allowed to parade to the title without a single challenge made by Rovers.

In the penultimate game of the 2010-11 season, United just needed a draw to seal the title which was achieved courtesy of a Wayne Rooney equalizing penalty in the 73rd minute after Brett Emerton scored the opener. But in the last ten minutes, there was bare­ly an attack or a tackle by either team – in fact for the final six minutes, United had 100% possession and over 150 successive pass­es deep in their own half. Both teams were happy with a point (United to win the league; Rovers to help the relegation struggle), but there was little pride in letting the game fizzle out like this, especially as champions should show why they are champions.

The integrity of the game was also at stake as Wigan, Blackpool, Birmingham and Wolves all would have massively benefited from United getting a winner. Equally, Chel­sea were depending on a Rovers goal to keep alive their slim title chances. Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand were happy to play passes along the defensive line with Paul Scholes occasionally dropping back to join in with the lackadaisical proceedings, while Rovers’ lone forward Jason Roberts scampered half-heartedly to close each de­fender down in turn – if you can call it “closing down”. Of course, United were under direct in­struction by Sir Alex Ferguson who probably didn’t even need to give his Scottish ally Kean a nod and a wink for him to join in.

18 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Dalglish, Henrik and McGrain would get in most people’s all-time Celtic XI. Nicholas I personally would rate above McStay simply because he tried his skills in a better league. McStay is a bit of an unknown quantity and Collins, Burley, Moravcik, Petrov and Lambert in the modern era would probably be rated above him. McClair is an often overlooked gem from Celtic Park - not to mention McAvennie.

Scottish league has been crap for years now but that 2002-3 Celtic team was a very good side for certain.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2019 at 12:11, scotchrover said:

I saw him queuing outside the Jack Walker stand for an under 23s game or a youth game when he was still with us. I said to him, "Are you injured or what?" He looked at me and his face became angry and he shouted," He won't pick me, will he".

No wonder he left us to further his career.  Good luck to the lad, I say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I saw him queuing outside the Jack Walker stand for an under 23s game or a youth game when he was still with us. I said to him, "Are you injured or what?" He looked at me and his face became angry and he shouted," He won't pick me, will he".

Coyle ruined Mahoney’s time at Rovers but on the evidence since, as a winger, I think he was right to leave rather than stick around under Mowbray.

I only showed it to my friends a few weeks back. I was too embarrassed when it came out first, plus it was obvious we were on a downward spiral at that stage, so I was too annoyed to find the video funny for what it is. I think most fans of other clubs don't know about this. Luckily it wasn't on TV in the UK or Ireland. 

It is just the worst really. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I only showed it to my friends a few weeks back. I was too embarrassed when it came out first, plus it was obvious we were on a downward spiral at that stage, so I was too annoyed to find the video funny for what it is. I think most fans of other clubs don't know about this. Luckily it wasn't on TV in the UK or Ireland. 

It is just the worst really. 

I remember it going viral in a big way. Fans of The Dingles went to town on it!

To be fair, who could blame them? I'd be doing the exact same if the boot was on the other foot....

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

I remember it going viral in a big way. Fans of The Dingles went to town on it!

To be fair, who could blame them? I'd be doing the exact same if the boot was on the other foot....

Of course :)

It seemed to stay a bit under the radar over here, which was just swell! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This shit

Just about the only time I've felt sorry and embarrassed for well paid professional footballers.

I've always chosen to believe that the players were forced to do it.

I only ever watched it a couple of times, it makes my skin crawl.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

On 06/11/2019 at 20:21, bazza said:

This mirrors what’s happening with Harry Chapman now. Why is he in the under 23 set-up? 

On 06/11/2019 at 20:21, bazza said:

His mum pushed for him to move on for the reason you mention. I would have done the same for my son too. 

• Like 1