BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cringiest moments in Rovers history?

6 hours ago, scotchrover said:

This mirrors what’s happening with Harry Chapman now. Why is he in the under 23 set-up? 

On the face of it because Mowbray thinks centre forwards and centre midfielders should be played out wide.

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 hours ago, scotchrover said:

This mirrors what’s happening with Harry Chapman now. Why is he in the under 23 set-up? 

Rothwell too. The lad is 25 years old in January and Mowbray still treats him like an 18 year old fresh out of the academy. He sits on the bench whilst the likes of Gallagher and Armstrong are picked regardless of form or effectiveness. You couldn't blame him if he started looking for a move in January.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Dickson Etuhu: Ex-Nigeria player guilty of match-fixing in Sweden - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50407929

Wonder if him and Danny Murphy agreed to be shit when at Rovers, for a little backhander!

Old tax-dodging Danny Murphy, who kept his "job" on MOTD for god knows why. Certainly not for his punditry.

On 03/11/2019 at 11:37, 4,000 Holes said:

Great call and possibly a forgotten event by some. From Issue 91 of 4,000 Holes:

Rovers 1–1 Man United (May 2011)

And so to the Nichtangriffspakt von Ewood – yet another shameful episode during the Steve Kean era which happened blatantly in front of our eyes and the Sky TV cameras as United won a record-equalling 19th league title at Ewood. That it should happen on the most significant date in our modern-day his­tory (14th May) is a further blemish as United were allowed to parade to the title without a single challenge made by Rovers.

Well I'm glad someone else noted it.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2019 at 14:31, lraC said:

Steve Kean being interviewed, about his time at Ewood on Sky Sports by Ben Shepherd and also his agent, crying because his son was being treated badly by the fans. 

When did anyone treat his son badly? OK Coyle's son got some abuse on Twitter but Kean's son was younger and also disabled. Kean might have claimed his kids were being taunted at school. Well that's not Rovers fans and that's on him for refusing to step down and gladly ruining people's lifes. At clubs like Man Utd, Leeds or Millwall his family probably would have had death threats. I tend not to judge people based on who their relatives are for obvious reasons.

On 01/11/2019 at 23:07, JPTSwindon said:

Head in hands moments...

Losing 3-0 at home to Spurs under Christian Gross, then travelling back having to listen to my Spurs supporting mate get through to 606 to say how bad we must be to lose to them.

First game I attended. It wasn't that bad 2 of the goals were right at the end. 

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

When did anyone treat his son badly? OK Coyle's son got some abuse on Twitter but Kean's son was younger and also disabled. Kean might have claimed his kids were being taunted at school. Well that's not Rovers fans and that's on him for refusing to step down and gladly ruining people's lifes. At clubs like Man Utd, Leeds or Millwall his family probably would have had death threats. I tend not to judge people based on who their relatives are for obvious reasons.

Anderson’s son got loads of grief a few times at the LFA. 

9 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Read it again. I said his agents son. Remember Kean’s agent, he has a son called Myles?

Edited by lraC

• 4 weeks later...