BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Club Ambition

I’m pretty sure that Mowbray and his staff have ambitions to progress along with all the other 23 managers in the Championship.

What I’m unsure of are the ambitions of the Venkys as they do not share their thoughts with us the fans.

They have to take the blame for our painful demise since 2012.

But we are beholden to them and need their largesse to keep us in business.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I’m pretty sure that Mowbray and his staff have ambitions to progress along with all the other 23 managers in the Championship.

What I’m unsure of are the ambitions of the Venkys as they do not share their thoughts with us the fans.

I’m hate them as much as the next man but give Alex Neil the coin Mowbray has had and the nobbers would be promoted without doubt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I’m hate them as much as the next man but give Alex Neil the coin Mowbray has had and the nobbers would be promoted without doubt. 

Possibly but you don't really know , who is actually signing the players at Rovers ....

Also , see where the 2 clubs finish in May ...Last season I think they finished 2points in front of us , after their great season...

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Possibly but you don't really know , who is actually signing the players at Rovers ....

Also , see where the 2 clubs finish in May ...Last season I think they finished 2points in front of us , after their great season...

I stand by my comment. Much sharper, better with younger players. I know he’s a great guy and is very pro the academy .

Plays a better brand of football than boring Tony. He might get the nobbers up this season 

I stand by my comment. Much sharper, better with younger players. I know he’s a great guy and is very pro the academy .

Plays a better brand of football than boring Tony. He might get the nobbers up this season 

You know Alex Neil? 

I was surprise he stayed at Preston when WBA came after him. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You know Alex Neil? 

I was surprise he stayed at Preston when WBA came after him. 

Indirectly, I know a few local lads currently doing their scholarships and he’s pushing young quality players through. Doesn’t get much money in comparison to the rest of the league so I think he’s a decent manager . Nicked that Bauer from under our noses too the bugger  

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Indirectly, I know a few local lads currently doing their scholarships and he’s pushing young quality players through. Doesn’t get much money in comparison to the rest of the league so I think he’s a decent manager . Nicked that Bauer from under our noses too the bugger  

Thought he did very good job at Norwich. 

Plays good football

• Like 1

The whole lack of clarity from the owners, baffling rationale for their continued ownership, secretive visits to India for each successive manager without any inkling about what these mean for the club as a whole, no clear brand (and some appalling decisions around this such as this year's vomit-worthy away kit), no sense of ambition at any point from the club (pre-season, during the season, post campaign), baffling recruitment 'strategy', bizarre 'let's talk the opposition up' pre-match build up, weird team selections, obvious omissions of potentially key players for big games, gut-wrenchingly poor tactics compounded by incomprehensible substitutions during games - it all points to a club in a zombie state, going nowhere and with not even enough puff for anyone in management to step up and admit we need to change.

It isn't any wonder that fans have drifted away, perhaps for ever. It won't change until every single symptom listed above is given the full bums' rush out of the club, and a new broom is allowed to sweep the club clean from top to bottom

I'd love someone with the nous of a Big Sam, or the footballing brain of Dicky Dyche to come in on the football side, but I do worry that the malaise runs muuuuuch deeper than anything that happens on the pitch, and until we get rid of the underlying cause, the symptoms are just going to get worse and compound each other till we are fooked.

• Like 6

Just now, JHRover said:

Kick off at 12 noon. Made a decision at 11:15am to go, quick change, set off at 11:30, parked up across from the ground for free at 11:45, bought a ticket for cash by the turnstiles, sat where I wanted. Decent home crowd on of more than 2,000 which is over double what Stanley were getting a couple of years ago. The whole ground has been improved drastically over the last couple of years. New stand on one side, everything smartened up, investment into the pitch, loads of local companies sponsoring them.

Good win, Good atmosphere, home 15 minutes after the full time whistle. If I'd have wanted I could have gone in the bar and enjoyed beer for £1 a pint and had a natter with their fans and staff in a friendly environment. No price hikes for making a late decision. No membership needed. No £30 tickets. No car parking charges or parking wardens out trying to catch people. No £8 beer and pie 'deals'. Bowland real ale,Herefordshire cider on rather than overpriced rubbish. 

Once again from a cost, convenience and overall relaxed enjoyable few hours out perpective Stanley are beating us hands down. Why? They've an owner who cares and wants them to grow and prosper. We've owners who couldn't care less, have neglected the club and their employees have other 'targets' to deliver on.

Nail on head.

If we were getting things even half as right as they appear to be doing at Stanley (based on the above), I'd be back. End of.

• Like 2

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

The whole lack of clarity from the owners, baffling rationale for their continued ownership, secretive visits to India for each successive manager without any inkling about what these mean for the club as a whole, no clear brand (and some appalling decisions around this such as this year's vomit-worthy away kit), no sense of ambition at any point from the club (pre-season, during the season, post campaign), baffling recruitment 'strategy', bizarre 'let's talk the opposition up' pre-match build up, weird team selections, obvious omissions of potentially key players for big games, gut-wrenchingly poor tactics compounded by incomprehensible substitutions during games - it all points to a club in a zombie state, going nowhere and with not even enough puff for anyone in management to step up and admit we need to change.

It isn't any wonder that fans have drifted away, perhaps for ever. It won't change until every single symptom listed above is given the full bums' rush out of the club, and a new broom is allowed to sweep the club clean from top to bottom

I'd love someone with the nous of a Big Sam, or the footballing brain of Dicky Dyche to come in on the football side, but I do worry that the malaise runs muuuuuch deeper than anything that happens on the pitch, and until we get rid of the underlying cause, the symptoms are just going to get worse and compound each other till we are fooked.

Exactly right.

I am worried about results on the pitch but it pales into insignificance compared with worries about the future of the club itself.

As people have pointed out elsewhere, look at the passion and integrity shown by owners of Stanley, Burnley and Preston compared to our lot!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Exactly right.

I am worried about results on the pitch but it pales into insignificance compared with worries about the future of the club itself.

As people have pointed out elsewhere, look at the passion and integrity shown by owners of Stanley, Burnley and Preston compared to our lot!

The key issue for me.

Everyone on this topic have hit the nail on the head but it will change nothing. No-one at the club is ever going to convey the message to Venky's. Black would have succeeded Kean if he had not told them what a mess their close season recruitment had been. Berg told that that monthly trips to India were a poor idea. Appleton and Lambert told them what a mess the club was in. Hunt wrote a famous letter. Look at the length of time they remained at the club. Who have been the longest serving managers? Kean, Bowyer and Mowbray who have nothing but praise for the owners. The same applies to the administrators. Do you honestly think anyone employed at Ewood is going to step up? Ironically our only hope of salvation might lie with Suhail but after striking out with Lambert and Senior and his involvement in the Coyle appointment he might not be willing to stick his neck out.

• Like 1

I think the clubs ambition genuinely is a financial one. The Venkys want Blackburn Rovers to be a Premier League side, but not for the good of the club, or for the fans, simply because of the money. And in some ways thats fine, who cares? It's a means to an end. But... I also think the club has other financial ambitions which may not have such appeasing side effects as promotion to the PL. I think the club will cash in on several stars this summer and maybe even in January if we're in the bottom half. 

Dack I still believe in this market would go for £20m and I can't see Venkys passing that up.
Holtby should hopefully have a good year, but will likely move on for a large fee, maybe £4m-6m?
Lenihan could go, and would probably demand a good £5m also.

Next summer I genuinely believe we'll rake in about £30m in transfer fees, spend about £5m incl. some loans and frees - and then they'll tell us we're "going again" and we'll get the "recruitment" right in Europe.

So all in all, I think the clubs ambition is to get money in, and if we were sat 6th on January 1st, I do genuinely believe the club would probably give any manager a war chest to try and get the money in a PL promotion bonanza style approach, but we won't be sat 6th come January and I think this year will finally be the year we cash in on all the talent in the squad that's going to waste. Sad, but inevitable.

11 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Mowbray will have lofty ambitions but they are akin to someone wanting to leave the Earth, travel around the sun and come back to tell the tale. But all along, regardless of the opinions of us everday Joes, he naively believes that that he is going to attempt this feat on a paper plane, and by only travelling slowly sideways, with Elliot Bennett as Admiral, or mechanic, or medic, or cook, or even as cabin boy...just so long as he's there.

37 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

£20 million for Dack. Let's not be silly.

£8 million absolute tops.

He isn't good enough for the PL indeed many games he struggles in the Champ.

He will also never play for England.

Take off your blue and white sunglasses so you can see the light

He's a big fish in a small pond. Not convinced he'd make it in the PL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

10/10. We're going nowhere with these absentee owners.

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

£20 million for Dack. Let's not be silly.

£8 million absolute tops.

He isn't good enough for the PL indeed many games he struggles in the Champ.

He will also never play for England.

Take off your blue and white sunglasses so you can see the light

Any scout watching him on Saturday would have gone home 10 minutes before the final whistle. He was never in the game second half and he seemed to have lost that change of pace he has since he got back to grips with his " downfall ".

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Any scout watching him on Saturday would have gone home 10 minutes before the final whistle. He was never in the game second half and he seemed to have lost that change of pace he has since he got back to grips with his " downfall ".

In fairness, he had three men on him within 2 seconds.