BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Club Ambition

That's the thing though stop Dack and you stop Blackburn is the theme when you read other forums before teams play us. Took them a while on Saturday but once they realised and got to grips with it that's us done.

Then we get game saving subs and alterations from the dugout rather than game changers.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's the thing though stop Dack and you stop Blackburn is the theme when you read other forums before teams play us. Took them a while on Saturday but once they realised and got to grips with it that's us done.

Sometimes we can use that to our advantage. Rochina was panned as a showpony but I often noticed teams were quick to put two men on him, which should free up space for the other danger men.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

£20 million for Dack. Let's not be silly.

£8 million absolute tops.

If you reckon Dack only goes for £8m in this market in 2019, then I think some research maybe befitting. I'm not saying he's worth it, but that's absolutely what he will go for if sold this season.

Dack has 6 goals and 3 assists this season, he has below "Dack" average games, but he's a talent. I never claimed he'd play for England (don't know why that was even brought up), and I never said he was a PL player. But in 2019, in the transfer market as it is these days, we would get that much for him.

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

If you reckon Dack only goes for £8m in this market in 2019, then I think some research maybe befitting. I'm not saying he's worth it, but that's absolutely what he will go for if sold this season.

Dack has 6 goals and 3 assists this season, he has below "Dack" average games, but he's a talent. I never claimed he'd play for England (don't know why that was even brought up), and I never said he was a PL player. But in 2019, in the transfer market as it is these days, we would get that much for him.

We sold Tom Cairney to bottom half Fulham for £3 million. He's now the best player in the league.

When the sales start it's a case of take whatever gets offered as long as the deal is done quickly. 

Forget £15 million Premier League bids for Dack. This lot will sell him to Stoke or Bristol City for £5 million.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ok, what are the rest of the team doing with that space he's created ?

He had the ball took off him within that time but on the odd occasion he didn't we just stand off, flat footed. When we loose the ball, the majority just invite them into our space and wait.

I think we are at our best when we press high up the field and close down the opposition. We seemed to do it to really good effect earlier in Mowbray's reign but then stopped doing it.  Personally, I think we are unfit and can't maintain that style. The lack of intensity in the last ten minutes that we always have and the growing injury list suggests the same.

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Sometimes we can use that to our advantage. Rochina was panned as a showpony but I often noticed teams were quick to put two men on him, which should free up space for the other danger men.  

Exactly and i think it showed a bit first half with Holtby but when you have a guy setting the team out who often seems terrified of having more than one flair player at a time starting it gets a bit easy to negate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bradley-dack/profil/spieler/238556

so show me where you plucked 20 mill from.

This Dack thing is interesting. He can be anonymous in games but then pop up with a goal or assist and make his stats look good so people get defensive. How often has it been said that he hasn’t done a lot but he has scored. Tbf if we were winning as a result it would be a lot healthier a mix. Maybe it’s a lack of consistency in the rest of the team because of all the chopping and changing Mowbray does.

Conversely, Rhodes scored by the bucketload but was hammered on here for his all round game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This Dack thing is interesting. He can be anonymous in games but then pop up with a goal or assist and make his stats look good so people get defensive. How often has it been said that he hasn’t done a lot but he has scored. Tbf if we were winning as a result it would be a lot healthier a mix. Maybe it’s a lack of consistency in the rest of the team because of all the chopping and changing Mowbray does. 

Conversely, Rhodes scored by the bucketload but was hammered on here for his all round game.

Every interview you hear/see with a Rovers player after a dismal performance seems to go back to "not being to far away" and getting some "consistency" going, but the bit I have highlighted is why you will never see any kind of consistency in the side because Mowbray decides to make 3 or 4 changes every game just to keep people happy.

Edited by MarkBRFC

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Every interview you hear/see with a Rovers player after a dismal performance seems to go back to "not being to far away" and getting some "consistency" going, but the bit I have highlighted is why you will never see any kind of consistency in the side because Mowbray decides to make 3 or 4 changes every game just to keep people happy.

No team succeeds when changing a third of the team every week often unforced either to keep people happy or because the manager thinks he is cleverer than he is. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

The thing is, them goals and assists are obviously by far the most important thing. As you mention Rhodes, people questioned him totally underappreciating the fact that he guaranteed us goals, rendering other aspects that he maybe didnt offer to be of secondary important.

Dack continues to chip in with goals in a team that doesnt create many chances and crucially, bar Graham who now has been rendered yesterdays man by Mowbray for whatever reason, he is the only one who offers that goal threat and whilst he does I cant see us being dragged into trouble. Without him, different story.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No team succeeds when changing a third of the team every week often unforced either to keep people happy or because the manager thinks he is cleverer than he is. 

This to me is a big contributor to the problem then you've got the manager and now Dack coming out with the old we need consistency line. They way they go about things goes right against this with the chopping and changing you either have multi purpose players and multiple formations or you have a core style which is consistent and the best first 11 to get results out of that on a weekly basis.

If they train during the week the same way swapping and changing about instead of drilling stuff in them until it hurts then again no surprise at what happens on a matchday.

Even Nixon described Rovers as the enigma team in the Championship looking like several different sides even in one game never mind week to week. It seems though that as long as we plod on with 1.5 points per game type form everything is fine.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

I have no doubt about the ambition at Rovers.

I have a lot of doubts about our capability of realising it.

When you say 'ambition at Rovers' who are you referring to ?

I am sure Mowbray is ambitious to succeed, I am sure the players would love to win promotion.

If the owners have any real ambition for the club they need to show it.

I don't believe they have any interest at all. They pay the bills out of their pocket money but if they were truly ambitious they would get the club organised with a proper board and build it up from the foundations. The way they run the club shows zero ambition. 

• Like 6

• Backroom
On 22/10/2019 at 10:05, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, them goals and assists are obviously by far the most important thing. As you mention Rhodes, people questioned him totally underappreciating the fact that he guaranteed us goals, rendering other aspects that he maybe didnt offer to be of secondary important.

Dack continues to chip in with goals in a team that doesnt create many chances and crucially, bar Graham who now has been rendered yesterdays man by Mowbray for whatever reason, he is the only one who offers that goal threat and whilst he does I cant see us being dragged into trouble. Without him, different story.

Dack is not anywhere close to the top of the list when it comes to our issues on the pitch. No player is going to be effective all the time - his stats show how valuable he is to us over the course of a season, irrespective if he has a few off games or spends portions of matches on the fringes. If our other players contributed anything worthwhile then his limitations would be less obvious, but much like JR, because the rest of the team is so limited and all eyes are on the star man to produce something his faults are scrutinised in far more detail than, imo at least, is warranted.

Can you imagine where we'd be without Dack? We'd practically have zero creativity in the team at all. Theoretically it's possible Rothwell would produce but that's far from a certainty - in fact it's far from a certainty Mowbray would even select him - and Rothwell has come in for exactly the same criticisms as Dack, so it's unlikely much would change other than less goals and assists in the team. 

I look at the likes of Gallagher, Armstrong, Bennett, Johnson, Bell, Williams (at LB), Walton and think why even bother mentioning Dack? He's so far from being our biggest issue that discussing his weaknesses is practically irrelevant.

• Like 9